[Closed] Beta account contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always loved doing the Muertos Moon. Our guild would line up, time it just right, and do the zombie dance together! I miss the game and am looking forward to playing again. (I started playing POTCO in 2008, shortly after losing my husband to camcer. It was my first gaming experience and an escape from the reality of life for me.)

Last edited:
My favorite update was the Ship Customization Since sailing was my most loved to me and love the sea when the Ship Customization came out I scream and farm so much gold to max out all of it and What made me want do real navy job which i'm too young but I will someday was because of this and sailing :p

And now all I'm waiting is for the Ship Customization again I do anything in the game to get back max and have some fun again

And here some proof: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_Customization And a video from my guild master from DarkArchive and my friend XD

Last edited:
I always loved doing the Muertos Moon and our guild would line up, time it just right, and do the zombie dance together! I miss the game and am looking forward to playing again.

October 21, 2015 (Alpha-v1.1.4)

Features

• Jolly Roger has forced an evil atmosphere around the Caribbean... Beware of The Curse of the Muertos Moon! Every two hours the moon will become full and players will be cursed and forced by Jolly Roger to attack the town!
  • The "/zombie" emote has been added back temporarily for Halloween
Have you read the contest rules, it has to be a update from potco and not from tlopo

October 17, 2008

• Boss Enemies can now be found in the Caribbean. They are marked by a glowing skull icon over their heads and are much more difficult to defeat than normal enemies of the same level. Some boss enemies will always spawn in the same location, while others are more rare and randomly spawn throughout the world.

My favorite update was when mac players can finally play. I myself had a mac growing up so I couldn't play but at my grandpas house he had a windows computer I was also a really big toontown fan so he let me play both every time I went over. He would pay for both my memberships and I was great full for it. He tragically passed away just a few months ago but I will never forget what he did for me

My favorite update was when Invasions were introduced in October 2009. They had many glitches for a very long time, but were still one of the best aspects of the game. Especially before the new loot system was introduced, you could get seriously rich from invasions. The glitches from busy servers stunk because the invasion's difficulty depended on the server and it was too easy to solo beat Jolly in quiet servers. It was always so much fun to have so many pirates working together to beat more enemies than anywhere else in the Caribbean. Guild Invasions were great for team building among the guild and making guild members feel welcome and feel like we were part of something. That notice that Jolly would be attacking was always the highlight of my play and it always stunk when I didn't have enough time for an invasion. I used to steal my mom's computer which had a better graphics processor just to play on busier servers.
screenshot_2012-07-12_19-35-44.jpg screenshot_2012-10-31_19-20-27.jpg

Last edited:
In September of 2010, my favorite quest addition was added to the game. Raven's Cove. The quest was loads of fun, and I loved to sail there and hang out during the day. There was a certain melancholy about the island, which reminded me of my lost crews. Indeed, I was even inspired to write a poem for my lost comrade in arms:

Pirate's Lament

Look ye at the cove, blasted rocks
Desolate yet strangely peaceful,
Over water and trailing fog
A conference of ravens cry lament
For fallen and traitorous pirates.

Aye, for Jolly has done his work
Betrayed the trust of kin and pirate
Turned pirate against pirate,
brother against sister.

A lonely pirate mourns her love,
Watching a conference of ravens cry lament
For fallen comrades at arms.

Release date: September 30, 2010: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/POTCO_Release_Notes_-_2010

My favorite POTCO memory would probably be when Raven's Cove was released; http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/POTCO_Release_Notes_-_2010

Spending every Wednesday with my best friend, Mason, whose pirate was named Captin Mason, something we make fun of to this day. I was pirate Ryan, and we just went on the grind. Every day he was at his grandma's with a computer, we would have our moms call eachother and we'd coordinate our log ons, and go until we got kicked off for bed or someone else. We kept going on with our maxed out voodoo staffs and swords, trying to get through that quest and beat El Patron. We helped eachother beat him in the same night, and I got the best broadsword I ever had, the Spinecrest sword. He got the Bitter End, and then we went on my war galleon and plundered as many ships as we could to celebrate. That was probably my most favorite moment playing this game, and I can't wait to play it again, hopefully with my best friend Captin Mason.

December 10, 2009

One of my favorite aspects of this game was sailing. I'd take large breaks between starting in 2008 - the last raid before Disney cut the servers, but the one thing I could always come back to was sailing that war Galleon. This update was pretty huge for us sailor gents (Aside from ship customization, as someone has already covered. I remember coming back to the game and learning that there was this function. I farmed for days to get my Galleon souped up!). Anyways, my most fondest moments in this game were from sailing with my Guild on the high seas, which is how it should be for a pirate!

Listed here are the updates added.

• Your ship will no longer take damage from enemies sailing beyond visual range.
  • Less valuable cargo will be dumped to make room for more valuable chests earned from sinking ships. (This one was fantastic for gold farming)
  • Ship sails and masts now take significant damage from Chain Shot (Realism FTW)
  • Ship armor is now more effective across all ships (Should have been in the first place xD)
  • Boosted the defensive capabilities of enemy ships by 25% (Helped make it more challenging, encouraging you to get an able-bodied crew)

- Leon Dreadhawk

Ahoy internetpirate,
Nice of you to host a contest and my sincere congrats to whoever wins!

For me,
I loved the fishing update/addition. I felt this added something more to the game for us max leveled pirates. Apologies but I can not for the life of me find the release date. I would fish for hours! The option on fishing on the dock or taking your ship out to sea and casting there was so neat. And LEGENDARY fish we so cool to catch. Once caught they had some historic lore written about them which just added a nice sense of accomplishment after you caught the fish.

I didn't want to spam with too many pictures of the different variations of fish you could catch but they ranged from yellow tangs, Tuna fish, to Goblin sharks!

Here were the legendary fish you had the possibility to catch! (Had to have a good reel in game)
(All pictures were taken from Pirates Online Wikia)
Glittering Girl
nlq17d.png
Speedy Lou
sql0yp.png
Fogbell
k16p9s.png
Mossy Moses
2lllraw.png
Fire Dragon
2dr98cj.png

Last edited:
To me my favourite update was the Update where they added Raven's Cove, That was when i got back into the game due to that exact newsletter, so i largely attribute it to me coming back to the game period

This may be confusing for some but please just hear me out.

Okay, this was not really an update but this is probably the happiest/saddest moment ever from playing this game. The best update for me was before POTCO shutdown they gave everyone unlimited access.

Avast there, mates!

Pirates of the Caribbean Online will be closing on September 19, 2013.

From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Pirates can log into Pirates Online and enjoy full Unlimited Access for free!
Here's what you need to know:
  • Pirates Online Unlimited Access Memberships are no longer available for purchase. All Pirates now play as Unlimited Access Members for free until Pirates Online's closing date.
Now I know this might look bad, but hear me out okay. When I was a kid my family had a rinky dink computer that was somehow able to run POTCO. We never had much money left over for trivial things like game memberships so I never got the full experience of the game. However, I would always play as far as I could and then delete my character and start from scratch. I did this from the day I started the game until the day it closed. Except when they announced the shut down they gave everyone Unlimited Access and I got the full experience. I completed all the quests, got the biggest ship, got the best weapons and I had the most fun. Then the game shut down and I legitimately cried, but at least I was able to do it all before it ended and I will never forget that.

I honestly love the latest update with rain :D the devs didn't necessarily hav to do it... so it a little extra for us pirates :D . I really love walking around in the new scenery and it feels really kewl when it gets dark sometimes and you see the dark clouds formed and moving. Almost like a lot of scenes from POTC AT WORLDS END

Attachments

• screenshot_2016-12-11_09-59-00.jpg
    screenshot_2016-12-11_09-59-00.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 75
  • screenshot_2016-12-11_10-21-28.jpg
    screenshot_2016-12-11_10-21-28.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 63
  • screenshot_2016-12-11_11-10-58.jpg
    screenshot_2016-12-11_11-10-58.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 94
  • screenshot_2016-12-11_10-07-54.jpg
    screenshot_2016-12-11_10-07-54.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 93
  • screenshot_2016-12-09_23-06-37.jpg
    screenshot_2016-12-09_23-06-37.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 95
The update of December 16, 2008 It may have been minor, but I remember this day! Me and my sister were big time fans of the Pirates series! We had eye patches, swords, a hat, everything an little kid could want!Christmas was just around the corner and we saw an advertisement of POTCO on TV. We immediately started playing; 8 years ago I was appalled by the graphics and the characters interacting with me! (and my sis) When we completed the tutorial, and entered port royal. We saw Christmas decorations and freaked out about the game! All the stuff we could do was unbelievable at the time, especially with the movie characters! It is a very fond early memory of my sister, and that makes it my favorite update. Thanks for reading!
Potco.PNG
update notes.PNG

Attachments

• Captures aasd.PNG
    Captures aasd.PNG
    309.4 KB · Views: 106
I think the most fun update i can remember was when they first added invasion i remember it being the coolest thing ever. It was such a blast i always did them and loved them even though my computer could barely handle all the players and enemies causing immense lag. All the players standing together before one started and just the teamwork was all just really cool. I remember when i first saw jolly roger come and it was so intimidating especially when i first got rooted with the chains and freaked out!

I know someone already mentioned this update but it is by far my favorite! so even if this means I cant win I have to go with it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back