Should clothes have attributes

• yes, switch it up

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • no, stay traditional

Votes: 58 92.1%

• Total voters

stardom

Buccaneer
Unlike other games, potco took the route of not adding attributes to their clothes. For TLOPO I would like to take a different approach. I think TLOPO should implement clothes that increase/decrease stats, in other words. Clothes that have pro's and con's to there wearing.

No, that's one thing I always really liked about POTCO - clothes being completely cosmetic. If clothes gave you perks, and say you were using a famed or legendary weapon, you would be way too powerful.
I'm not saying completely OP attire, I'm saying like if u wear this robe u have to be a level 30, increases mana 200 decreases health -100, not just positives but negatives as well so it balances out

The game needs to be as it was but that does not mean new features won't be added. They will want to add them in a way that people who want to use the new features...can, without affecting the game-play of people who do not want whatever the new thing is.

PLEASE don't do this. One of the things that was unique about POTCO was the lack of grind, you didn't have to worry about having "epic raid gear"... and everyone had their own outfits, if you put in stats, everyone at endgame would look identical in the end. I'm fine with some jewellery or something giving small buffs, but leave clothes the way they are.

Yeah, I disagree with this. The one thing I hate about gear affecting your appearance is that sometimes the best gear is the ugliest. I really would hate to have to wear an outfit I don't want just because I need the bonus stats.

No thanks. POTCO had some clothes that carried some game status like questing forever to get Barbossa's outfit, a special hat earned for killing a red ghost on Raven's Cove, etc. and that sort of "specialty" quality is enough for our game. I agree with Talaith above, no "grind" in our Caribbean PLEASE!!

No thanks. POTCO had some clothes that carried some game status like questing forever to get Barbossa's outfit, a special hat earned for killing a red ghost on Raven's Cove, etc. and that sort of "specialty" quality is enough for our game. I agree with Talaith above, no "grind" in our Caribbean PLEASE!!
The grind for Legendary weapons is all the grind that we need.

I feel like a cool alternative to this could be having a cursed coin that the player carries in their pocket that would provide some sort of stat boost like the suggestion asks. That way it wouldn't interfere with a pirate's appearance. But I still prefer to have the caribbean the same as it was before. I could go either way as long as I can keep my appearance how I want :)

Seems like everyone wants to stay traditional, I understand, I guess we would be to op if we had attributes for clothes.

I completely agree that their should be stat modifying items, but not clothes.

As previously stated, the stat modifier should be something such as a coin carried in your pocket, jewelry items, and things of the likes.

That way, more strategy is introduced while preserving the ability to look however you wish without worrying about how your clothes effect your stats.

I'm not sure if anyone's suggested yet, but what would be interesting to see is the addition of rare clothings that DO have stats. I don't think that they should add them to pre-existing clothing but perhaps have a quest for a ring or earring that gives you more voodoo or something.

I'm not sure if anyone's suggested yet, but what would be interesting to see is the addition of rare clothings that DO have stats. I don't think that they should add them to pre-existing clothing but perhaps have a quest for a ring or earring that gives you more voodoo or something.
But then the problem remains that people will all be wearing the same thing for a stat boost. I think just a cursed coin that you put in your item slot would be better

Back