Connection Error

chrisfrigs

Buccaneer
I got the game yesterday and reserved a time for 2am. When I try to log in it says "The server appears to be temporarily unavailable, still trying..." Then after that it says "Your internet connection to the servers has been unexpectedly broken." I read everything on how to fix this and nothing is working. I waited 10min and tried again, I ran it as Administrator, I did compatibility, and it is definitly not my internet because we pay for the best internet and I get 61 mbps and my upload speed is 6 Mbps. I been trying to log in for hours, I reinstalled it 3 times. So if a dev can fix this for me that would be great.

I got the game yesterday and reserved a time for 2am. When I try to log in it says "The server appears to be temporarily unavailable, still trying..." Then after that it says "Your internet connection to the servers has been unexpectedly broken." I read everything on how to fix this and nothing is working. I waited 10min and tried again, I ran it as Administrator, I did compatibility, and it is definitly not my internet because we pay for the best internet and I get 61 mbps and my upload speed is 6 Mbps. I been trying to log in for hours, I reinstalled it 3 times. So if a dev can fix this for me that would be great.
https://piratesforums.co/threads/common-tlopo-errors-explained.13305/

Also, since you just registered here how is it you came about learning about the TLOPO "playtime?"

I been in the chat and everyone is playing, they are telling me to be patient and keep trying. I did it until 5 last night until my 3 hours ran out, now I'm doing it this morning. Everyone with an Alpha Key seems to not have this problem.

I just spoke with Cheysa (unfortunately, she is unable to log on at the moment) and she said when she receives this error, she just keeps trying.

I know that isn't much of a solution to your problem, but it is all I have currently.

edit: seems I lied, as she is on right now :oops:

"The server appears to be temporarily unavailable, still trying..." Then after that it says "Your internet connection to the servers has been unexpectedly broken."
This sounds like your client is taking an abnormally long time to connect to the gameserver... so long that the request just times out and kicks you off. We recently finished migrating all of our servers into one datacenter, so latency should have been improved with that.

If I may ask, what is the general location in which you live? Sometimes a long distance from the datacenter is enough to throw around these errors.

I been in the chat and everyone is playing, they are telling me to be patient and keep trying. I did it until 5 last night until my 3 hours ran out, now I'm doing it this morning. Everyone with an Alpha Key seems to not have this problem.

I actually was experiencing this problem myself today too and I do have an Alpha Key. The game randomly shuts down when exiting shops or stopping fishing, walking around and so on with no other pop up, but hey not much you can do, its Alpha :p

This sounds like your client is taking an abnormally long time to connect to the gameserver... so long that the request just times out and kicks you off. We recently finished migrating all of our servers into one datacenter, so latency should have been improved with that.

If I may ask, what is the general location in which you live? Sometimes a long distance from the datacenter is enough to throw around these errors.
New York.. @John Foulroberts

Last edited:
Ahoy Mates!
I am in need of tech support please!! I have had the same issue that ChrisFrigs posted - internet connection unexpectedly broken. I contacted my internet provider and there are no issues. So, I tried logging back on and found that I only disconnect when I try to play my newest character. I have no issues with the other pirates that I've made on the account. My account is (Removed by Mod) and my pirate is Brie Blacksteel. I've tried remaking her several times to see if it's glitched. Idk what else to try. (I apologize if remaking her has been driving anyone crazy for any reason!) Thank you for your time and assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahoy Mates!
I am in need of tech support please!! I have had the same issue that ChrisFrigs posted - internet connection unexpectedly broken. I contacted my internet provider and there are no issues. So, I tried logging back on and found that I only disconnect when I try to play my newest character. I have no issues with the other pirates that I've made on the account. My account is (Removed by Mod) and my pirate is Brie Blacksteel. I've tried remaking her several times to see if it's glitched. Idk what else to try. (I apologize if remaking her has been driving anyone crazy for any reason!) Thank you for your time and assistance!
The devs are aware of the issue, and are looking into it. We'll get it resolved for everyone as soon as possible :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm thinking it's a code issue on our end. I believe the same issues have happened since before migration.

Chris

Should I cancel my current time slot then if it isn't working?
That's up to you honestly. As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, we've narrowed it down to being a problem with only new pirates that are created. If you have a pirate you made before the past week or so, try playing that one. If not, either keep trying to log in on your new pirate, or schedule another time.

Back