Idea COPPERHEAD LEVEL 7 SUPER

Hello friends, thank you for reading this!

Copperheads have been underpowered for far too long.
They only get 15% explosive chance, even storm chaser gets a lovely 45% broadside chance!!

That is why we need copperhead level 7 - exclusively available only for copperhead upgrade ( believe me coppers NEED THE BUFF )
At level 7, it will cost around only 50% more iron / steel than it did for level 6. Level 7 will grant copperhead +100% broadside chance, - remove all speed / maneuverability nerfs and upgrade cargo to be comparable to fortune hunter. We need the cargo buff.
Thank you friends, stand united for #coppers #underpowered.

I think this is the right path to improve upon.

Good day lads.

bit to op on that one esp on the 100% on pvp atleast maybe 100% chance only on npcs for pvp prehaps 30% so its snot to broken i dont support the removal of the speed nerfs however its ment to be a slow tank not a speedyish cargo ship maybe on the cargo standpoint maybe say 4 max depending on the ship more so war galleon would get 4 war frigate brig 3 sloop 2 and so on

Uh 15% is pretty good I know it doesn't sound like much but remember explosives does a lot of damage compared to fury and thunderbolt it's not even close, I think it's fine since enemy ships are pretty weak

Probably raise the broadside chance to 25% instead. Plus steel is already hard to get, there is no way anyone could get a large amount of steel in s short amount of time.

Level 7 will grant copperhead +100% broadside chance,

I'm not sure if this is a serious suggestion. If it was not, then my apologies for a response that might demonstrate a sense of humour deficit! I have 2 level 6 Copperheads, a Frigate and a Brig, and both can already 'one-shot' a hunter if the angle is right. In my opinion increasing the destructive power would decrease the challenge and make sailing for fun (rather than as a mechanical way of collecting mats or sailing loot) pointless. I can't comment on SVS as I don't have experience, but I can generally fill my ship with mats sailing alone as long as I manoeuvre carefully to avoid taking too many hits. If the ship was any more powerful I would no longer need to take such care, the challenge would be minimised, and personally I would probably lose interest.

Is this thread a joke? The most powerful broadsides in the game are not enough? I'm all for additional ship upgrades in the future but they should be added for all upgradable ships not just the Copperhead and they should not be implemented until tougher enemy ships are added. The existing balance in ships is way under appreciated and I hope the developers use extreme caution in tampering with it.

Last edited:
Is this thread a joke? The most powerful broadsides in the game are not enough? I'm all for additional ship upgrades in the future but they should be added for all upgradable ships not just the Copperhead and they should not be implemented until tougher enemy ships are added. The existing balance in ships is way under appreciated and I hope the developers use extreme caution in tampering with it.
I don't think there is a balance of ships Atm.. Coppers One shot Coppers... and they have the highest health lmbo. Imagine coppers against skull ships.. smh. On Potco there was no such thing as one Shotting lvl 6 skulls, it took huge chunks out of them but never one Shotted, against a storm chaser then yes. Atm Right now, A Copper head lvl 6 war frigate can One shot a Lvl 6 war sloop Skull when the skull has full health and Take Cover on. So no i don't think the ships are balanced as you said

does take cover even work???
Yes it does but explosives are op, you can have a lvl 6 fortune hunter or skull war sloop with take cover on and full health on get one shotted by a copper lvl 6 brig, war frigate, etc. This was a problem for 2 years. Ruins svs and we asked the devs to fix it. It’s been 2 years now and all they have done is favor the looters by adding clothing, weapons etc. check out my Pfp it explains tlopo in a nutshell. But some people are so delusional that they think coppers aren’t op. When my Potco they never one shotted those lvl 6 skulls. Took chunks at it but never one shotted. Also broadsides are too accurate. They literally shoot behind a ship and one shot. I actually have a video and you can see how op coppers are. Literally I have to press take cover whenever they broadside because you get one shotted from it.
Unfortunately I don’t have a clip where I tc and they one shot I’ll try to get it. I don’t upload those lol. Even still, if you have the time watch. It’s truly not balanced. If you think it is then idk why it’s even worth upgrading, even if you are a copper yourself you can still get one shotted by another copper. Btw I’m sorry for my language in the video lol... it’s been 2 years and no fix.. u can understand our frustration when they update but for stuff like chains in jail cells.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back