Sailing Crashing @ sea

I'm just wondering whether it's just me, or if there are others out there experiencing this issue. I've already sent out quite a bit of logs due to the consistency in crash.

I've crashed out at sea more time today than the previous 4 to 5 patches combined, and this is not about infinite loading. Either...
  • you get on a ship and crash
  • if you get on a ship and don't crash, you crash soon after running, manning a cannon, or taking the wheel
  • you maybe don't crash after all the above, so instead, you crash after shooting a broadside, or ram into a friendly or enemy ship
  • if all that doesn't happen, maybe you crash before you port with full cargo
once i crash with one of those methods above, i permanently get stuck at the first option (instantly crashing once i get on any ship) even after clearing cache, switching server, using a different ship, etc.

Lol poor TLOPO team. They try to fix a major issue just to have new one come up. Beta eh?

They will conquer this like so many other bugs they have fixed in the past.
It's just getting it right that can take time and error until it's successful.
They came. They saw. They Conquered.... the bugs.

But yeah, remember this is still a testing phase... and be grateful this isn't a selective open beta, like POTCO's test server...

Sad about the crashing as well... not easy to do any kind of loot/mat run or even basic sailing. After about 10 crashes in less than an hour I gave up for the night hoping it would be better later. No such luck since then. Guess I will do some grinding on my weaps. Hopes to sail again soon!

curse of jolly rogers expanded throughout all of tlopo. beware young pirate
Sad about the crashing as well... not easy to do any kind of loot/mat run or even basic sailing. After about 10 crashes in less than an hour I gave up for the night hoping it would be better later. No such luck since then. Guess I will do some grinding on my weaps. Hopes to sail again soon!

Just now 4 family members on 4 separate computers all crashed at exactly the same time.
All of us were on the same server, but not all on the same ships.
We all crashed straight to desktop, which is always a barrel of fun in general, and even more so when winding up a successful loot run.
In fact, everyone on the ships we were on crashed, leaving no one alive to claim the loot.
A friend sailing with us on his own ship did not crash, but saw us all disappear.
So, perhaps this bit of info may be helpful, as some ships crash entirely while others remain unaffected.

Logged back on, boarded a ship, lasted 12 seconds!
BAM! Desktop!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE - Seven more times crashing straight to desktop since last post above.
There's work to be done for sure.
Good Luck!

Just now 4 family members on 4 separate computers all crashed at exactly the same time.
All of us were on the same server, but not all on the same ships.
We all crashed straight to desktop, which is always a barrel of fun in general, and even more so when winding up a successful loot run.
In fact, everyone on the ships we were on crashed, leaving no one alive to claim the loot.
A friend sailing with us on his own ship did not crash, but saw us all disappear.
So, perhaps this bit of info may be helpful, as some ships crash entirely while others remain unaffected.

Logged back on, boarded a ship, lasted 12 seconds!
BAM! Desktop!
Same thing happens to me and my partner. I'm on my tower PC and he's on a laptop. We were on the same server together on a ship and we both crashed (closed) to desktop at the exact same time while no one else on board was affected.
Otherwise we both randomly crash/close to desktop frequently when we are at sea. His has got worse since that last update but for me it started on the update where infinite loading screen got fixed.

I'm just wondering whether it's just me, or if there are others out there experiencing this issue. I've already sent out quite a bit of logs due to the consistency in crash.

I've crashed out at sea more time today than the previous 4 to 5 patches combined, and this is not about infinite loading. Either...
  • you get on a ship and crash
  • if you get on a ship and don't crash, you crash soon after running, manning a cannon, or taking the wheel
  • you maybe don't crash after all the above, so instead, you crash after shooting a broadside, or ram into a friendly or enemy ship
  • if all that doesn't happen, maybe you crash before you port with full cargo
once i crash with one of those methods above, i permanently get stuck at the first option (instantly crashing once i get on any ship) even after clearing cache, switching server, using a different ship, etc.

I have that issue also LUNA

Back