Customazion of our ships!

Will we be able to customize our ships?!

• Total voters
I found these in the Phase Files. The first one is a flag by the looks of it since the file name is: ship_flag_evil_skull.
ship_flag_evil_skull.jpg

These ones are the colors of Navy, EITC, and Skeleton ships by the looks of it. Not sure if this is actually linked to customization, however.
ship_et_trim_B.jpg

ship_et_trim_C.jpg

ship_et_wood_A.jpg

ship_hull_wood_1_dirty.jpg

ship_hull_wood_3_dirty.jpg

ship_hull_wood_3_unsat.jpg

These look to be figureheads. The skull one was removed a long while back, not sure why. The lady one is on the Black Pearl.
ship_prows_palette_3cmla_1.jpg

These sail designs look to be Navy and Spanish SvS.
ship_sail_check_r_w.jpg

ship_sail_stripe_r_y.jpg

- Will we be able to customize our ships? No. At least not in the near future. Or not at all.
- Would we like to customize our ships? Yes, of course.
But wait ...

A feedback for Disney Potco:

This is their representative's answer as of today (8/2/11):

Thanks for taking the time to email us.

We value all the suggestions we get from Pirates. As you can probably imagine we get many ideas of things pirates would like to see in game.

I can assure you that we will consider ship customization for the future. As you've mentioned it would be a HUGE project depending on what is included to be customized. All the ideas you've mentioned in your email do take time in all aspects of figuring out how to make that happen and even if it's possible within the limits of the game as it is now. This is part of the reason why we can't promise whether it will come, we might LOVE the idea, but at the same time might not be possible with how the game currently is setup.

So the best I can offer you is the promise that we will consider your idea and the ideas of many other pirates and someday we may see it in game.

Hopefully, this helps you understand why this is not a such an easy answer to provide.

Please let us know if you have any other ideas or comments.

Sincerely,

Kathryn
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services
<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Why do i get the feeling from Jade's reply like ship customization might not be what might really be coming to pirates. Or at least the ship customization that we think and want.

Kathryn mentioned that "we will consider ship customization for the future" which makes me think that ship customization might not be the next update. Also "depending on what is included to be customized" which makes me think that when it comes out, customization will be VERY limited.

I think Jade got a very honest reply because it wasn't like the regular "thank you and we will forward your ideas to the developers" but instead the reply said the truth that the game has a lot of limits when it comes to content and that they can no longer make promises that they cannot keep. She basically said that the game also can't handle a lot of things that could be added. For that(the open truth), i would give Kathryn a thumbs up.

First of all fix your spelling, second of all did you not see this?!
correction first of all this thread was posted before that video was released second of all no ne here but you cares about sailing and third of all NO they didnt see it because it wasnt released dont be all mean about something they didnt have control over

correction first of all this thread was posted before that video was released second of all no ne here but you cares about sailing and third of all NO they didnt see it because it wasnt released dont be all mean about something they didnt have control over

Nail on the head...

Sailing has and always will be my favorite part of this game. Pirates = ships. Otherwise we would be Cave Raider v1720's.

I for one can not wait to buy a War Brig, then trick it out. Not to mention trick out all me other ships on me lads!
i meant to say speling, lol it was late and i wasnt thinking right :p

Back