Dell Mouse issues

Kris

Pirate Lord
My Dell laser mouse has been acting up for a month or so now & I cannot figure it out. I checked the settings & everything seems fine. It double clicks a lot when I simply click once, when I try to highlight a text...it for some reason drags part of the highlighted text to the other side of the other text I don't have highlighted..

If I simply click a text once, it highlights it...I dont know what is wrong.

before this, it suddenly stopped moving, then became extremely slow...so I changed the setting to fast(but recently changed it back..). My mouse has gone suddenly slow before..

Best solution is just to get a new mouse, sometimes the surface where you are dragging your mouse effects it's speed and if it stops moving, try using a proper mouse pad. I've had double clicking mouses, I had to get rid of them as I would constantly keep opening things by accident and when I right clicked it left clicked. You can get them at Walmart for around $7.

new mouse could be it.. ive had problems with my dell too, though never with the mouse.. yet. my friend did have problems with his, but that was because windows 10 really messed up his pc. youre running windows 10 as well?

I have windows 7 but the windows 10 update is in the update thing, I have not decided when if ever to upgrade.

Have you tested the mouse on a different computer? That'll determine if it's a hardware issue or not.

Also, have you tried swapping the mouse to a different USB port?

Back