Request Design Trading's GUI!

There was nothing wrong with the designs you guys already showed us. We cant really suggest much or go into detail since we don't know what will/will not be trade-able, nor do we have the ability to make suggestions or inquire about such. Not only because that's not allowed in this thread, but because the official thread that you guys made for that exact purpose has been locked and never re-opened. But that doesn't matter anymore
1591567025886.png
1591567034907.png
1591567051373.png
1591567044310.png

Just add more item slots. Add like a skull in the corner, idk.

Here's an idea that people may like: with my concepts in mind and that of the item selling interface, why not have another row of slots added when all six are filled up? The window would just get longer and it would max out at say... 15. This could also apply to selling items.

This is the most rough design I've ever done in my life, and I am honestly ashamed of it, but here you go. To those wondering why I put your name on the right, it's because that's where the sea chest is. Maybe I'll refine it.
View attachment 121101
Don't be ashamed of it. But it may be over designed. Maybe only need 1 line for currency amounts, but have lots of cells for items.
Where there could be a small drop down menu in the currency line and you would choose the type you're bartering for. Such as gold, bones, gems and materials. So as not to bulk up the interface with too much stuff. But not to under scrimp the item slots. The tlopo vendor screens are a reasonable start. Most likely staff had planned to use whats in the game, but maybe in a more artsy way.
It's a no brainer that the trade start button (icon) will probably be on player cards. Probably look like a auction gavel hammer maybe.

There was nothing wrong with the designs you guys already showed us. We cant really suggest much or go into detail since we don't know what will/will not be trade-able, nor do we have the ability to make suggestions or inquire about such. Not only because that's not allowed in this thread, but because the official thread that you guys made for that exact purpose has been locked and never re-opened. But that doesn't matter anymore
View attachment 121104View attachment 121105View attachment 121107View attachment 121106
Again, it matters not what is being traded. At all. Just how to display and move it around. You also may need to include the currency line area as trading will most likely include paying for things. If trading is an open system then there may be a choice to combine it any way people see fit.

Last edited:
At a minimum, gold, all the materials, and items will be tradeable (not saying legendaries will or won’t, please let’s not go down this road). The hope was people would design concepts much like Tereysa’s.

For example, the look of the trade window, with the inventory, where the gold will appear, how many slots, etc. Below is Free Realm’s GUI (not saying we are using it, it’s an example).

0D29E653-F7A6-4BF8-BE14-086ECF47F8F0.jpeg

Sure, the reused selling window is adequate but we are considering making it prettier, like we did with Lobbies. That is where this thread comes in.

Last edited:
View attachment 121104View attachment 121105View attachment 121107View attachment 121106
And, of course, who you are trading with

At a minimum, gold, all the materials, and items will be tradeable (not saying legendaries will or won’t, please let’s not go down this road.) The hope was people would design concepts much like Tereysa’s.

For example, the look of the trade window, with the inventory, where the gold will appear, how many slots, etc. Below is Free Realm’s GUI (not saying we are using it, it’s an example).

View attachment 121109

Sure, the reused selling window is adequate but we are considering making it prettier, like we did with Lobbies. That is where this thread comes in.
No lol why did you bring back memories, now I gotta go play that game again (if it’s still there)

Make trading a reward after completing BP quest so it doesn't massively disrupt the play experience of the game just getting the best of the best for an instant play though before passing the items to the next new pirate (a lot of my fun playing was using rare items like Witch Hunters Cutlass and whatnot and finding the next one to use was a big part of the fun for me, if I was just gifted a Masterwork Broadsword or whatever early on it would have ruined a lot of the experience personally), also prevents new pirates created with the intent to spam trade requests as a troll and gives incentive to actually quest.

I get that's slightly offtopic, but if it was implemented that way then it's a hidden lobby unlocked after completing BP. Having it tied to that quest could put like some of those characters you gathered for the quest there (spoiler it's a little disappointing they dont show up as the entire questline was about recruiting them, this could fix that), maybe the Pearl itself. Have it like a celebration party thing and then the proposed trading ss Daniel posted could work there, but not outside that lobby.

Last edited:
Make trading a reward after completing BP quest so it doesn't massively disrupt the play experience of the game just getting the best of the best for an instant play though before passing the items to the next new pirate (a lot of my fun playing was using rare items like Witch Hunters Cutlass and whatnot and finding the next one to use was a big part of the fun for me, if I was just gifted a Masterwork Broadsword or whatever early on it would have ruined a lot of the experience personally), also prevents new pirates created with the intent to spam trade requests as a troll and gives incentive to actually quest.

I get that's slightly offtopic, but if it was implemented that way then it's a hidden lobby unlocked after completing BP. Having it tied to that quest could put like some of those characters you gathered for the quest there (spoiler it's a little disappointing they dont show up as the entire questline was about recruiting them, this could fix that), maybe the Pearl itself. Have it like a celebration party thing and then the proposed trading ss Daniel posted could work there, but not outside that lobby.
I hope you don’t need to complete the main quest of the game, which takes hours to complete, to be able to trade lol. At the point only a set number of people can trade, which will we hard to find

edit: at least make it like “you must be level 20 to trade” type thing

I get that the interface and implementation considerations are inherently coupled in some way, but we really do ask that non-interface related considerations are left out of this thread entirely. If the implementation consideration doesn't actively have to do with an interface proposal you are making, please omit it completely. Otherwise we risk this thread winding up like the myriad of other trading threads.

Thank you.

1591598441115.png

This GUI from another trading and irl currency infested game has "ready" boxes to the side that both players must select before either can confirm the trade. While either player has the box selected, neither party can make any changes to the items up for trade. This goes a long way in preventing scams.

View attachment 121119

This GUI from another trading and irl currency infested game has "ready" boxes to the side that both players must select before either can confirm the trade. While either player has the box selected, neither party can make any changes to the items up for trade. This goes a long way in preventing scams.
I'd hope that if any changes were made while the ready box was checked, it would automatically uncheck them to prevent instances where last second switch and completes were made.

I'd hope that if any changes were made while the ready box was checked, it would automatically uncheck them to prevent instances where last second switch and completes were made.
I know of no trading systems in any game I've ever played that allowed any switching to even be able to be tried. This concern would not exist in any trading that is implemented in tlopo. And with any trading system, there should be a free to give selection as well. One reason for this is to allow giving your alt an item without having to tab out and play games back and forth. Or give a guildy as a gift. It works very very well in almost any multiplayer on the planet. Once again and for the last time since it's not my job, but an utter annoyance, this thread is about GUI of trading. Not what if's.
gl.

Back