Request Didn't want to start this thread but...

squintz

Pirate Lord
Hi again. Can someone please point me to a thread or wiki that gives the very very basic mechanics of Pirates? All the loot basics are about finding loot and bosses, not HOW to loot. I've been trolling the forums all over the place. The in game hints didn't say much about looting mechanics themselves.

Like how to loot a ship, are you supposed to move to the sunk spot? Just basic game usage.
Can we switch to first person cannon while sailing? When dropping anchor is there no other option than being popped to shore? This in itself is the very first 'play' annoyance I've come across.

Just info on the basic basic stuff. The wiki guides are great, but where is the beginners user guide.
I have absolutely no experience with this game itself.

Thanks so much.

To loot a ship you just have to simply sink it, the loot automatically goes into your ship's cargo hold. To loot an enemy... ( if they drop loot) you have to run to the container, hit shift to open the container and collect whatever contents that are inside. As for first person cannon you can only do that while on the actual cannon, not on the wheel. As for dropping anchor, yes the only thing that does it drop you on land. Hope this helps :)

Hi again. Can someone please point me to a thread or wiki that gives the very very basic mechanics of Pirates? All the loot basics are about finding loot and bosses, not HOW to loot. I've been trolling the forums all over the place. The in game hints didn't say much about looting mechanics themselves.

Like how to loot a ship, are you supposed to move to the sunk spot? Just basic game usage.
Can we switch to first person cannon while sailing? When dropping anchor is there no other option than being popped to shore? This in itself is the very first 'play' annoyance I've come across.

Just info on the basic basic stuff. The wiki guides are great, but where is the beginners user guide.
I have absolutely no experience with this game itself.
Thanks so much.

Loot is auto acquired while sailing. You'll see a little pop up saying "2 loot crates" or something similar. On land, you'll see sparkling lootbags or chests after defeating an enemy (but only some of the time). All ships should give you at least a loot crate, with more difficult ships offering royal chests or ship materials.

Dropping anchor always puts you ashore, since this is how you collect your sailing loot.

Here's a good Wiki page to look at: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Loot
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Drop_Anchor
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Game_Play

I don't believe there is a first person view. I myself like the 3rd person perspective, but I'm sure a lot of people would support looking into making a first person view hotkey.

Hope this helps!

To loot a ship you just have to simply sink it, the loot automatically goes into your ship's cargo hold. To loot an enemy... ( if they drop loot) you have to run to the container, hit shift to open the container and collect whatever contents that are inside. As for first person cannon you can only do that while on the actual cannon, not on the wheel. As for dropping anchor, yes the only thing that does it drop you on land. Hope this helps :)
Thank you. Some other links from others are popping up too. So there is no way to first person shoot the cannon at sea? The only way I've been able to do that is after anchoring then launching back out. I beat some bigger ships already by running side to side and firing away. This is all solo on the beginners level, which I think I'm still in training, let alone looking for beta gliches.

thank you your excellency. Forgive me for not kissing your ring.

Loot is auto acquired while sailing. You'll see a little pop up saying "2 loot crates" or something similar. On land, you'll see sparkling lootbags or chests after defeating an enemy (but only some of the time). All ships should give you at least a loot crate, with more difficult ships offering royal chests or ship materials.

Dropping anchor always puts you ashore, since this is how you collect your sailing loot.

Here's a good Wiki page to look at: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Loot
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Drop_Anchor
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Game_Play

I don't believe there is a first person view. I myself like the 3rd person perspective, but I'm sure a lot of people would support looking into making a first person view hotkey.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, and it does. I'm going to delve into the game play wiki right now. I feel it's important to have the mechanics down so as to know what to report as actual tech problems and not game play related.

gl.

Thanks, and it does. I'm going to delve into the game play wiki right now. I feel it's important to have the mechanics down so as to know what to report as actual tech problems and not game play related.

gl.
And that game play link is exactly what I've been looking for.

thanks again, safe seas.

Thank you. Some other links from others are popping up too. So there is no way to first person shoot the cannon at sea? The only way I've been able to do that is after anchoring then launching back out

While at sea you can leave the wheel and man a cannon. You leave the wheel by pressing the Escape key. Run to your cannon of choice and hit the Shift key when prompted with the green circle. Once on cannon you'll be in first person cannon view and can fire that one cannon at enemies. Unless there is someone else on your ship to take over sailing duties, your ship will be stationary in the water and you will be unable to fire broadsides like you do when you're at the wheel. If you want to leave the cannon just hit the Escape key again.

Hope that helps.

While at sea you can leave the wheel and man a cannon. You leave the wheel by pressing the Escape key. Run to your cannon of choice and hit the Shift key when prompted with the green circle. Once on cannon you'll be in first person cannon view and can fire that one cannon at enemies. Unless there is someone else on your ship to take over sailing duties, your ship will be stationary in the water and you will be unable to fire broadsides like you do when you're at the wheel. If you want to leave the cannon just hit the Escape key again.

Hope that helps.
Yes thank you, that absolutely helps. I'm still going through the wiki and I didn't quite see that keybind yet.
While I have your attention and you've been around the island a few times, we can't change our pirates facial features once we finalize him/her can we? I screwed up and really really wanted squinty eyes for my pirate. And an eye patch, I really wanted an eye patch.

And a bird.

yoho.

No, unfortunately you're locked into your face and body types once you've chosen them. You can make modifications to your hair color and style by spending gold in a barber shop, but that's it for modifications after initial selection.

At the moment we don't have eye patches. Or birds. But there was a very vocal community before PoTCO closed asking for those items and more. There's a thread here on the forums for suggestions. You could add those to the list (if they're not already there). Fair winds, mate.

Back