Idea Digging for Treasure

Grace O'Malley of ETC

Pirate Apprentice
I know that on certain quests, locating dig spots and uncovering items to return to NPCs was part of the game. However, I would love it if you could take a spade and dig up treasure anywhere!

Maybe having a magic infused spade that could dig up treasure could be part of a quest, but true to pirate form, digging up loot instead of killing or sinking ships for it, would add an element to the game which I would really enjoy.

I would like it if instead of just seeing dig spots, you were given a clue of where to dig and then you have to dig anywhere in a certain section of an area to find the item.

Or it could be like you get 1 map and once you find the chest you need a key. You can get these keys by sinking ships and looting enemys. once you find the chest there's another map inside and maybe some gold. Next is the same leading to more treasure maps and each gets harder and harder to find. Once you get the the last map to the last chest inside there is a something really rare, like legendary sword or a ship lots of gold etc..
I'd have lots of fun with that.

Cool idea! To be honest, I forgot you could dig in POTCO lol. Would love it if it had a really small chance to find loot such as brights or maybe even legendary weapons :eek: Great idea once again :D

I really like this idea! I think that it would be cool that as you defeated enemies, you had the possibility of getting a piece of a treasure map in the loot. The treasure maps would be rare to get and as you complete treasure maps, the gold increases incrementally. The first map would start with getting 4 pieces, then 5, 6.... And so on.

It would be cool if you could burry treasure as well for safekeeping (if you have already reached the gold limit, for example).

That would be cool but how would that work? Like would you have to bury it in a already known area?
This is a little tangental, but say you have 200,000 gold, but want to store more. You lock up said gold in a chest and bury it in a place of your own choice. Only you would know where it is, but other players could find it (preferably not by them just randomly digging). I don't know how it would be executed on a relatively small map, but it's an idea.

Prisonhull, I had that same idea, like wonder if someone could find it? How much gold could they take? Would it be all or just part and how would they find the chest? I have an idea on that! If you fight in PvP like only in one on one, whoever wins could get a hint or the whole map to where the opponents treasure is. Not all PvP would be like this you can choose to fight friendly or fight for treasure.

Back