DISCUSSION: The potential for a real-life event.

If there was a convention, would you attend?

• Yes.

• I would like to, but I cannot.

• No.

• I would like to, but I am not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike Wass

Former TLOPO Developer
Hey guys, I have a question to ask all of you.

The TLOPO Team has been considering the possibility of us having a real-life event(a convention) where pirates from all over could attend and have a weekend of fun. If we would have such an event, one of the things we would need to figure out is where to have it.

By using the statistics on www.tlopo.com, most of our players are located in the United States on the east coast and the west coast; with scattered amounts in the center of the US.

So, a quick question: What location(s) would work best for you guys(by state, not individual towns/cities)?

Also, if we would have a convention, what kind of activities would you want us to have there?

EDIT: Just as a clarification, we wouldn't be hosting the convention. We'd be attending a convention as a panel/guest.

Last edited:
This'll be so fun to attend to, (if it works out) would love to meet tlopo fans and the crew. :)

Also personally anywhere in the east coast I would probably make it.

This would be an awesome opportunity if it were to occur! I would definitely attend!

Really, anywhere would work in the States as long as I had time enough to prepare for it.

it would be weird. but i think to just have one place might be off. could it be a multi-location, simultaneous event to give the ppl most oppurtunity to meet? .. regardless, aye weird but TOTALLY AWESOME! lol

what would most likely happen at the 'convention?'

Apologies but, this topic is a really sore spot with me personally. Because of this, I feel compelled to publicly respond.

(Note: I understand the 'reasoning' behind such an inquiry but to be truthful, how much thought has gone into the implications involved with such a gathering if something [this time or another] goes wrong with someone's individual safety)?

@Mike Wass. i know this might come across as angsty but if the real-life location thing is a bust, would a yt live event work? or a skyping with ppl using their cams work?

i'm iffy on the meet up, but i truly believe this is an awesome idea and a great gesture in community outreach.
could we start suggesting activities or mini-events or do you strictly want to keep this as a yay or nay thread?

just saw the edit.

that would be very interesting. a panel discussion. that should settle the safety issue.

@Cheysa Finn. i wanted to make sure since the 'what will happen at the convention' was tba; i wasnt sure if they were up for those type of suggestions. or if they were creating a cons from the ground up*

knowing my track record since early Feb, i was playing it safe.

EDIT ::

although the question about the yt live event/skype all web cam call would still apply if them reserving a spot at a cons panel doesn't work.

This is an interesting concept, and certainly a cool idea. However, most of the audience of TLOPO are still under the age of 18, children. Is it plausible for people to plan trips that cost money for their children to meet the creators of a video game reboot? I am in no way trying to be a cynic or bash on the idea, I think its a great one, but there is a lot of planning and such that needs to go into a meet-up like this (especially if it is across the country for someone to travel).

This is an interesting concept, and certainly a cool idea. However, most of the audience of TLOPO are still under the age of 18, children. Is it plausible for people to plan trips that cost money for their children to meet the creators of a video game reboot? I am in no way trying to be a cynic or bash on the idea, I think its a great one, but there is a lot of planning and such that needs to go into a meet-up like this (especially if it is across the country for someone to travel).
sure some people wont be able to go to it but a lot can, everything in life not everyone can go to it but there is no reason to not have it because not everyone can go to it, i see what you are saying but a lot will be able to go. (probably not me)

Back