Do I need more RAM?

Dreadful

Notorious Pirate
My settings display that I have 8gb of RAM, 7.87gb of which is usable. Should I be having crashes due to memory leaks with that much RAM available?

Hey Dreadful, I have 6 gigs, 5. 9 usable, and don't crash that much. If I sail, I can do only a couple runs on my frigate, because of the memory leak issue while sailing. On land I can go much longer, over an hour or so. I did notice that the more I teleport, the more memory it seems to leak.

Just my 2 shinys (and pathetic specs..lol)

The game is only 32 bit anyways. Which means at maximum it will only use about 4gb of ram. Anyone who has 4gb or more is perfectly fine. The game is just buggy.

My settings display that I have 8gb of RAM, 7.87gb of which is usable. Should I be having crashes due to memory leaks with that much RAM available?

No matter the size, if the game tries to access an invalid memory address, it will still crash. And if the game tries to load data without freeing it (another form of memory leak), it won't matter, memory will be filled at some point, no matter how much main memory you have. 8 GB is perfectly fine, it will take some time before they fix these issues.

Hey Dreadful, I have 6 gigs, 5. 9 usable, and don't crash that much. If I sail, I can do only a couple runs on my frigate, because of the memory leak issue while sailing. On land I can go much longer, over an hour or so. I did notice that the more I teleport, the more memory it seems to leak.

Just my 2 shinys (and pathetic specs..lol)
Yeah, I guess I have about the same results as you. Thanks!

Nah mate you have more than enough for most games, but if your cpu cant handle the amount of calculations going through it doesnt matter how much ram you've got you'll still lag

depends on computer and if its very old computer then no if its newer and has 8 gigs id recommend more then 8 gigs ram becauses it can use more if its new or fairly new

Back