Do we get to keep our accounts?

Flayzian

Honorable Pirate
Like the title says, will accounts stats and levels be reset after the alpha or not? I love the game but don't want to put so much time and effort into something that will be wiped... Loving the game though!

All pirates & stats will be wiped at the end of the alpha stage, your account information will remain intact though.

This wipe is to prevent old bugs from popping up in new phases of the game. While frustrating, this is meant to help streamline the development process and get the full game released faster.

(@Cheysa Finn beat me... :p)

Like the title says, will accounts stats and levels be reset after the alpha or not? I love the game but don't want to put so much time and effort into something that will be wiped... Loving the game though!
Why wouldn't you want to put time and effort into it? It's common for there to be several wipes throughout testing phases of games. Besides, the point of Alpha and Beta isn't to play the game early, it's to test and make it better for those players who join after us.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I understand why pirates are being wipes but not accounts. "Why wouldn't you want to put time and effort into it?" - I want to try everything, if that means putting effort into getting there then I'll do it because Alpha is about making the game to its best potential but I don't want to be grinding for the best legendary gear for hours a day (tbt)...

Thanks everyone for the replies, I understand why pirates are being wipes but not accounts. "Why wouldn't you want to put time and effort into it?" - I want to try everything, if that means putting effort into getting there then I'll do it because Alpha is about making the game to its best potential but I don't want to be grinding for the best legendary gear for hours a day (tbt)...
Accounts aren't being wiped as far as I know, we keep our accounts.

Back