Do you ever think you are to old for POTCO?

Do you think you are to old for POTCO?

• yes

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • no

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • sometimes

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters
In my noob of an opinion, I feel that "nobody" is too old to enjoy & play POTCO...
celebrity-pictures-pirates-38.jpg

...well...
...except...
...maybe...
- "this couple" above -
SomaliaPirates1.jpg

Well, my birthday is in June and I'll be 33. My oldest son's birthday is also in June and he'll be 8. My youngest son just turned 5. All of us play. Only one that doesnt is my hubby.
Besides us, my dad and mother both have accounts and play as well.
My cousin has an account, but doesnt have time to play, lol.
Its truly a family affair with us playing POTCO.

Gaming is a hobby, and one that I'm glad to share with my own kids. We should all enjoy our hobbies, no matter what they are, because they make us well rounded individuals. And we should always remember to be kids ourselves sometimes, no matter what age we are. That is what keeps us young.

I sometimes think it is embarrasing to like pirates online at this age but it is a very fun game and very addicting! So i dont care what people think!

do you guys every wonder that kinda stuff????

Please excuse me, for a moment, but i am a little confused, maybe it age setting in who, knows, i am in my late 20's, but are you saying you think you to old to play the game? Or to young yet, because i just guild you in my guild, Soul of a Gypsy, and one second later you left, like you a guild jumper, and a bit of pvp, i wont even go into that,...so about the age thing, i take kids, their brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, grandfathers, grandmothers, anyone, any level that likes to play in my guild, seems with age, you just get better and better at the game, and can share it with your family. The gypsys, which i started, last december is a family guild, and seems to work, that the families who play together stay together, there almost 300 of us already, something must be working. :piratemickey:

I have many adult friends on POTCO, I think many would be suprised at how many adults there are playing. It's a challenging game, especially SVS, and challenging and engaging for all ages.

No it is for all ages, I think mostly the older people enjoy it more though
I have many adult friends on POTCO, I think many would be suprised at how many adults there are playing. It's a challenging game, especially SVS, and challenging and engaging for all ages.
Question: "Why doesn't Disney realize this more, then?" In my opinion, it appears that Disney continually pushes to market this game as just another "kids" effort, not worthy enough of the attention it so well deserves in contrast to say - that Penguin game. (sorry, off-topic somewhat).
We should all enjoy our hobbies, no matter what they are, because they make us well rounded individuals. And we should always remember to be kids ourselves sometimes, no matter what age we are. That is what keeps us young.
Well said, Kate :arrrrr:

Eh, yes and no, because you got Little kids on there.. for example you're 40 Years old talking to a 10 year old, Lol really think about that. and yes you have the freedom to play whatever you want.

I'm 17 years old, and I've played some awesome games, but I still play POTCO because it's one of the best MMORPGs I've ever played, and I've made so many friends in the game. Age has nothing to do with it, in my opinion, it's what you wish for in a game that determines how you feel about playing it.

Eh, yes and no, because you got Little kids on there.. for example you're 40 Years old talking to a 10 year old, Lol really think about that. and yes you have the freedom to play whatever you want.
As long as ones intentions are good, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. As humans, it is natural to make friends of all ages and form friendly bonds with one another. And to be honest, I'm sure there are tons of 10-year-olds that speak with such maturity that you might not be able to tell the difference- and cases of 40-year-olds acting like they're high school students.

As long as ones intentions are good, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. As humans, it is natural to make friends of all ages and form friendly bonds with one another. And to be honest, I'm sure there are tons of 10-year-olds that speak with such maturity that you might not be able to tell the difference- and cases of 40-year-olds acting like they're high school students.
:iagree:

I wondered where this question "too old for POTCO" came from ... Is it because POTCO is a Disney product, and Disney is interpreted as kid-related?

Looking from just one point of discussion on how we "feel" when we play a game like POTCO ...

Well, in my opinion, Disney wants to be identified as 'family-related' - I'm speaking about Walt Disney Co. products in general. It just so happens that in the gaming division, Disney sees more market on the younger age customers, so a lot of their games are geared towards "kids". But if they are critical enough, they should know that they have unfully-explored market in the "families". POTCO is one of the products that actually can be enjoyed by a wider range of customers, from - supposedly - 10 years up to whatever age customers are still interested in.

So among all other Disney games, POTCO no doubt is one of the games that adults or anybody over 10 years old should not have any worry to be associated with being kids (age-wise), compared to any other game Disney has.

Another point, for some reasons, some adults may think that being gamers are something that needs to be kept secret, maybe because of the word "game" that is related to the word "play". In my opinion, there are some who think that adults are not supposed to "play", or that the "kind of play" that adults can/are acceptable to do is something that is challenging, competitive, using adult's skills, using adult's time effectively, and so on (such as sports, gambling, etc.). Maybe. But the fact is, that we all need to play sometimes; we all need recreational activities, no matter what age we are, no matter we feel like being 'kids' again by playing or not (we are allowed to feel like adults too while playing). Playing games, just like others have pointed out, is just one of those type of recreational activities. Being secretive about our gaming activity, I'd see it more of "what we do in our free time is none of anybody's business", rather than the fact that "playing games - especially Disney games - are embarassing, because they are mostly for kids".

What difference is POTCO with other games, such as Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, HALO ... they are all games, directed to audience over 10 years old. If somebody does not have any problem playing or being seen playing those games, then he/she should have no problem being seen playing POTCO as well. In fact, gaming is such a well established activity these days, that it's not just placed as "playing"; it could be "working" as well (imagine how nice it is; playing game as a profession ... :cool:. On the side note, I subscribe to GameInformer magazine - one of the leading gaming magazines out there - and those editorial staff's jobs are one of the most enviable jobs out there. Playing game, and writing editorial reports and doing activities to keep up with the gaming industry, and getting paid for it too! Cool!). I personally think that there is nothing wrong with being a gamer, as a hobby/for recreational purposes or as a profession/to support a living, and things in between (like what we do here on the Forums, for some of us definitely almost feels like a profession, even though it does not yield income). Where POTCO is concerned, it's no different than any other game; it's just one of those games, happened to be produced by Disney.

In any of those MMO(RPG) games, being online, we interact with 'who-knows-who'; very few know each other in real life. No matter on M-rated game or G-rated game, there is always a possibility of interaction between very young players and very senior (read: old age) players. So, feeling "too old" would all crumble down to the fact that regardless what, hypothetically, the situation could be reversed; are you too young to play a certain game? (not a lot of ppl would admit to be "too young" to do things that actually only adult are permitted to do; if the person is doing it, clearly he/she does not think much about it). So in this case, it become irrelevant whether we feel too old or not playing POTCO - assuming this question is intended to audience of 10 years old or over. However, I'm not speaking about ethics like others have mentioned. Impersonation; that's a whole different issue, and for that we could open a whole new thread to discuss it.

Well...I play games every day and I'm a kind of young age, all I'm saying is that I'm a pre-teen. (Believe it or not.)

Back