Do you think Disney cares about all of our feedback for the POTCO closing?

Do you think Disney cares for the feedback?

• Total voters

Chris Deckskull

Buccaneer
Come on let's be honest, at least one of here at the forums have sent Disney an email or letter about POTCO's closing. Maybe even both. Well, I know I have, but do they care?

I think generally the employees at Disney/DIMG do care, however they are pretty much ran as a dictatorship under a couple people who are blinded by money. They are either not allowed to voice their opinions, or they are scared to.

This is of course entirely speculation as I, nor do many of us really know what's going on behind the scene.

Basically what Jason said. I'm certain a few Devs and GM's cared, but the company itself probably didn't.
It's a shame though. can you just imagine a POTCO with todays graphics (Not AS realistic as some) and all that?

They don't care. They've never really cared. Even when they put the "feedback" thing into the pause menu, it was probably just to give an illusion that they were interacting with the community. I doubt they ever took any player feedback seriously. With the closing of the game, I can only imagine that situation has escalated: if they didn't listen to us when the game was still alive and well with no end in sight, why would they listen to us in the month leading up to or after it's (most likely) permanent closing... Disney might have truly cared about what it's customers thought under Walt, but Walt has been dead since the 60's, and since then the Walt Disney Company has become a multi-billion dollar corporation who's only interest is how to maximize money regardless of how there customers feel. Why would they care what the probably less then 5000 strong community of a dead game has to say... it's sad but it's the reality of Disney... in my opinion they don't even have the right to continue using the name of a man like Walt.

They don't care. I mean come on, if they did care the game would have been a lot better. Notice in the game closing FAQ's they didn't mention anything about the game at all? It was just about the payments, so i think the only thing they cared about is the money they are getting for it. Like Club Penguin, it's popular now, everyone is getting membership and Disney is happy. That's why they haven't closed Club penguin yet. If Club penguin closed it would be for what reason? Money! Because one day people would stop playing it and move on, and Disney will be hanging on my a thread saying ''Shut this down.'' and if they don't make another popular game their in trouble. I understand you need money for the company, and to be able to make games and improve them, but at least listen to the people playing it. Like what Davy said, if Walt was still around it would be a lot better for both worlds! Both the people playing the game and Disney.

While some of the Devs and GMs probably did care, Disney itself does not...
Basically what Jason said. I'm certain a few Devs and GM's cared, but the company itself probably didn't.
It's nothing personal it's just good business.
To be clear, there is some truth to be said to what each of you have stated ^ above. Avast! I am in the process of explaining more by writing a update (which I do hope to post soon) but for now, I think it is appropriate to release at least a tidbit of information from the message that was received to hopefully enlighten a few pirates here, on this particular forums.;)

*Recently, some feedback was received from a ex-DIMG developer. This developer's background is quite heavily influenced by MMO platform games and his "title" within DIMG at the time that Revive POTCO organizers and myself had contacted him was quite important while he was employed there. Below is part of the message he had sent (with the full message included soon, upon a specially written thread):

Thank you so much for your love and support of POTCO. While employed at Disney I was not allowed to respond to this kind of direct contact with players, hence my lack of response. I am truly sorry about that and had it been my decision I would have responded to you. Of course if it had been my decision I would not have closed POTCO...
I think it is safe to say that with at least this developer (whom had worked for Disney/DIMG in the past) that he would have done things differently than just shut down POTCO as we all have seen, on September 19th.

Back