Does anyone else miss looking at the leaderboards?

Redfoote

Buccaneer
I used to enjoy looking at the boards everyday whether I had played much the day before or not. I liked seeing which familiar names or random mates had put in work defeating enemies and sinking ships, which guilds were active, etc.

Maybe it's just me, but i think it would have been great if they could have left the directory and final leaderboards up somewhere just so we could reminisce. It would've been nice to be able to look up our pirates or our friends avatars and see what they were wearing when the plug was pulled, or find old mates and just be able to look at their toons and remember.

Apparently I am the only one that misses the boards and the directory lol.

Thanks for your response Cap Redhorn.

Someone can go ahead and trash this useless thread. :eek:

I miss looking at the news page every day hoping for a real update, but just seeing the same old news from 2 years ago displayed like it was new.

*sigh, I loved the boards.. one of the main reasons why I played... I made top 100 and that was my main goal now I can't even look at them *_*.. Disney >_> :p

Yep. I checked the boards regularly and enjoyed watching lifetime rankings climb. I really would have liked POTCO to post the final leader boards for a while after the end of the game.

Aye, you're not the only one, Redfoote that misses the leaderboards, seeing my name first on enemies defeated but alas I have pics to always remind me of the glory days.

Aye, you're not the only one, Redfoote that misses the leaderboards, seeing my name first on enemies defeated but alas I have pics to always remind me of the glory days.
Haha about the post, but I do agree with you all. I mean, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself, but I wasn't always first lol.

Haha about the post, but I do agree with you all. I mean, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself, but I wasn't always first lol.
Well, I was first in enemies defeated with 2332225, Johnny came in second place auto Angel came in third. It's ok if you were not first, after all you were not a ranker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked looking at the Directory more than the leaderboards. I liked seeing all the pictures of pirates who haven't played in years and have full DC clothing. The leaderboards were fun to look at to see where my guild stood though :)

I miss both the leaderboard and the directory. It was nice to follow others and allowed for some friendly competition between individuals and guilds. It wasn't for everyone but it was an interesting dynamic.

*Edit* The funny thing is that I am beta testing a game right now that includes a leaderboard of the testing players. I joined the testing phase very late but the competitive side of me has me trying to move up the boards. I've actually been very successful in doing so. Whether or not that is a good thing is an entirely different question lol :oops:

Last edited:
Leader boards were a nice way to challenge myself. I did not do any pvp because the leader boards were how I measured accomplishments.

Good to see some new replies as I haven't signed on in a couple months.

As others have said, the friendly competition between guilds and individuals as well as personal challenges, or just curiosity for what kind of numbers I put up after looting Tormenta for a few hours and then sinking ships between Padres and Kings for another couple hours, it was fun to see what kind of numbers you put up along with seeing what other familiar pirates did that day.

I never cared about being number 1 as I wasn't a ranker. The ultimate ranker in my opinion will always be Invincible Warlord, the numbers that guy put up in the first year and a half or whatever were staggering. I am proud of the fact I was top 20 for enemies and top 30 for ships overall.

*Edit* The funny thing is that I am beta testing a game right now that includes a leaderboard of the testing players. I joined the testing phase very late but the competitive side of me has me trying to move up the boards. I've actually been very successful in doing so. Whether or not that is a good thing is an entirely different question lol :oops:

Good stuff. I've been playing ac4 Black Flag a lot the last couple months and recently noticed that the game has a leaderboard (via Uplay I guess), I'm top 10,000 in the world all time for most feared pirate (ships sunk) and top 2,500 regional :p but for the month I'm top 200 in the world :) If I had time I'd start trying to do even better lol.

I'm sure you'll climb up there in no time lol. I would have replied sooner but I actually just saw this thread. I had a several month absence after potco closed down so i'm sure I missed a ton of threads on here.

I was looking through some old screens and came across this one from when we had the guild contest. I think i'm still in pain from that day.
shipsguild.png

Back