Does Your Ship Lean Into The Turns?

Does your Ship lean into turns on medium or high Scenery Settings when fully zoomed out?

• Yes my Ship leans into turns all the time on any Scenery Settings

• No my Ship leans into turns only on LOW Scenery Settings

Results are only viewable after voting.

Solomon Helmfitte

Notorious Pirate
One of the things I always liked about sailing in POTCO was the way the Ship leans into the turns, this really gave me the feeling of motion maybe linked to some downhill skiing and sailing I've done in the past.

This time around my ships weren't leaning unless I had the zoom in real close instead of fully zoomed out, how I normally sail.

It was only the other week I discovered that if I have my Scenery Settings on LOW then my ship leans into turns all the time!

I thought I'd share this with everyone that might be missing this aspect of the game and also to find out if it's linked to my video card or if it's the same for everyone? Happy plundering... Arrr!:D
:pirate ship:

This Is why when sailing and using Broadsides they tend to MISS a lot , The ship can't be leaning to Aim correctly !
I don't think ship leaning actually matters. Only horizontal angle does.

I'm not 100% sure. But I remember back in POTCO I used to think leaning away would get me better shot angles, so I did some testing on it and found it wasn't accomplishing anything.

I believe broadsides are all out of whack because of how desync'd sailing is (ships aren't in the same spot across multiple screens and/or on the server).

Back