Double Gold Weekend! (07/18/13)

Make yer summer shine bright with DOUBLE GOLD this weekend!
For a limited time this Saturday and Sunday, earn twofold the gold from Land and Seacombat, Cannon Defense, Fishing, and Ship Repair on land. Double doubloons may outshine even
the Caribbean's summer sun!

news_elPatron.jpg

Saturday, June 20:
9am to 11am & 4pm to 6pm
(Unlimited Membership)
Sunday, June 21:
10am to 1pm & 4pm to 7pm
(Basic & Unlimited Membership)
All times Pacific Time

NOTE: Gold amounts are already doubled for you each time you see your reward.​

Not a great event for the hard core pirates but the newer players like the quick cash. Some in my guild were getting excited about ship upgrades with all the extra gold. ;)

Kind of disappointed. "BUT WHY>! ITS DOUBLE GOLD :D" Um... because they are limiting the times... :/
Idk where they got that bull from.

But if they're halving the cost of treasure as shown in the picture then giving you the other half as a holiday bonus makes you wonder if they're doing the same with the gold too

Cost of treasure = 10 Gold
Double Gold event = 5 gold + 5 Gold (Holiday Bonus) = 10 gold

So it during the double gold event who's to say that when you get 44 gold normally that Disney haven't done it like this

Normal = 44 Gold
Double gold event = 22 gold + 22 gold (Holiday Bonus) = 44 gold

But if they're halving the cost of treasure as shown in the picture then giving you the other half as a holiday bonus makes you wonder if they're doing the same with the gold too

Cost of treasure = 10 Gold
Double Gold event = 5 gold + 5 Gold (Holiday Bonus) = 10 gold

So it during the double gold event who's to say that when you get 44 gold normally that Disney haven't done it like this

Normal = 44 Gold
Double gold event = 22 gold + 22 gold (Holiday Bonus) = 44 gold
I actually have to agree here, Disney has a tendency to be our favorite, first encounter, scam artists. It's too bad even though alot of kids get dumber through the years in this modern generation, that EVEN MORE are getting smarter than back in the day. Young folk arent stupid in comparison to back in the day young folk.

Disney is probably doing this, without us realizing it. :/

Keep in mind that the Double Gold Bonus only occurs during a certain amount of time and NOT all day.

Ever since the first double gold weekend the graphic is bugged. You ARE getting double gold, their game just can't do math. For example, If you got 87 gold, it will say 43 +43 (Holiday Bonus) Just because it can't display 43.5. Watch your Inventory, I have always got the right amount.

Keep in mind that the Double Gold Bonus only occurs during a certain amount of time and NOT all day.

Ever since the first double gold weekend the graphic is bugged. You ARE getting double gold, their game just can't do math. For example, If you got 87 gold, it will say 43 +43 (Holiday Bonus) Just because it can't display 43.5. Watch your Inventory, I have always got the right amount.

It may only happen certain times of the day but take this for example:

In a skull chest outside of double gold event I got 1088 gold, when the Double Gold event started I got a max of 544 gold + 544 Gold (Holiday Bonus) this makes it the normal 1088 gold

It may only happen certain times of the day but take this for example:

In a skull chest outside of double gold event I got 1088 gold, when the Double Gold event started I got a max of 544 gold + 544 Gold (Holiday Bonus) this makes it the normal 1088 gold
Gold drops are completely random, I've gotten over 2000 gold with the double gold before.

Gold drops are completely random, I've gotten over 2000 gold with the double gold before.

They may be random gold drops but the event is a gimmick, we are being played for and I'm not the only one who has noticed this either.

I suppose in the pirate office they probably say something like this:

Staff 1: What can we do this month?
Staff 2: How about a double gold event?
Staff 1: Wont they realize they had it 7 months ago?
Staff 2: Nah, those pesky pirates are all children, they wont realize that
Staff 1: Ok, Double gold weekend it is.
Staff 2: We'll fool them more
Staff 1: What ya been by that?
Staff 2: We'll halve their gold drops then give them the other halve back as a bonus
Staff 1: Surely they'll catch on
Staff 2: Nah, they'll be too busy doing the event they wont even realize we've played them

Yes it is a gimmick. But yes it does get people excited about the game. Several people I talked with came on more than normal over the weekend and played certain hours because of the event. More people playing more hours is a good thing.

At first I thought double gold was huge. My first drop was 545 gold. Then after taking a second look it was actually 5+5 gold = 10. lol

Back