Effective skill point placing for Basic and Unlimited

Big Kab

Pirate Master
here's how I train my skills on my best pirate, it is proven effective for both Basic Access and Unlimited Access
screenshot_2012-05-21_14-37-14.jpg
screenshot_2012-05-21_14-37-11.jpg
screenshot_2012-05-21_14-37-07.jpg
screenshot_2012-05-21_14-37-03.jpg
screenshot_2012-05-21_14-37-00.jpg
screenshot_2012-05-21_14-36-55.jpg
screenshot_2012-05-21_14-36-51.jpg
screenshot_2012-05-21_14-36-47.jpg

Kab, we have to master first before we set/retrain the skills like those, right? You said that was mainly for looting, not for mastering, is that right?

I love those mice (or what kind of animal are those?), two different colors, sharing the same piece of cheese. A great example for humans! :D
it's for both, leveling and looting, it's effective, I mastered Dillard with that skillset in 13 days from level 40

Kab, we have to master first before we set/retrain the skills like those, right? You said that was mainly for looting, not for mastering, is that right?

I love those mice (or what kind of animal are those?), two different colors, sharing the same piece of cheese. A great example for humans! :D
i think there guine pigs( probobly spelled these thing wrong)

amazing man thanks again!
again you're welcome, I am glad I can help others with my vast knowledge of the game. I've played it since it came out so I have picked up a thing or twoActually I have found this skill set to work better for both types of accesses. Although I'm not too sea savvy so ask Will Swordstealer about those, but Cannons I either put 5 on Thunder and one on either Firebrand or Explosives or mix them around, all depends on my ship upgrades. also Shawndawn this is what I use
screenshot_2012-07-29_23-56-35.jpg
screenshot_2012-07-29_23-56-30.jpg
screenshot_2012-07-29_23-56-26.jpg
screenshot_2012-07-29_23-56-21.jpg
screenshot_2012-07-29_23-56-17.jpg
screenshot_2012-07-29_23-56-12.jpg
screenshot_2012-07-29_23-56-07.jpg
screenshot_2012-07-29_23-56-00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your sailing skill point placing. You need 5 on open fire and 5 on take cover. Speed doesn't matter as much, so more than 1 on on Full Sail or Ram isn't meaningful. Instead, put 5 on Windcatcher. Ill post my skill point placings later on.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your sailing skill point placing. You need 5 on open fire and 5 on take cover. Speed doesn't matter as much, so more than 1 on on Full Sail or Ram isn't meaningful. Instead, put 5 on Windcatcher. Ill post my skill point placings later on.
again you're welcome, I am glad I can help others with my vast knowledge of the game. I've played it since it came out so I have picked up a thing or twoActually I have found this skill set to work better for both types of accesses. Although I'm not too sea savvy so ask Will Swordstealer about those, but Cannons I either put 5 on Thunder and one on either Firebrand or Explosives or mix them around, all depends on my ship upgrades. also Shawndawn this is what I useView attachment 37344View attachment 37345View attachment 37346View attachment 37347View attachment 37348View attachment 37349View attachment 37350View attachment 37351
as I said, I'm not too sea savvy, that's why I said ask Will Swordstealer, he's a sailor, I'm not, I just use the speed to get to Kingshead, Tormenta, Isla Cangrejos, and Outcast Isle :p but they work well enough for me when I do sail for more than just travel

Last edited by a moderator:
as I said, I'm not too sea savvy, that's why I said ask Will Swordstealer, he's a sailor, I'm not, I just use the speed to get to Kingshead, Tormenta, Isla Cangrejos, and Outcast Isle :p but they work well enough for me when I do sail for more than just travel

You rock Kab! You're full of knowledge, kind enough to share, and humble enough not to brag.
Thanks again for all the help you gave me! :D You're a good friend.

with people who are members for like a month a time or so, put lots of points on basic member stuff and one or two on member stuff

As far as sailing goes, if you were to add more skill points (as Bill said) to both open fire & take cover, perhaps you could redistribute what you have on treasure sense along with (as well) the right or left broadside as <from what I was told> freeing up points to where you have only one particular strong broadside allows for better redistribution elsewhere.

I see that you are maxed out on "round shot" for cannons :D so that would further assist the particular broadside you decide to focus more upon than the other...if you were to follow the above stated advice.

Really, I think it also depends on what particular sea charm/sea globe/cannon ram you hold within your pirate's possession.
How far does basic go up to on there skill point's
Basic players can only add a maximum of 2 skill points per item to which your pirate has available to him/her.

Back