El Galeón

S

Shamus The Brute

"El Galeón"
:pirate ship:
Step back in time aboard El Galeón, the breathtaking 1/1 scale reconstruction of a 16th Century Spanish galleon, while she calls St Augustine, Florida her home port until July 2014. Spanish Galleons, used primarily for their cargo transporting abilities, were frequently bought and sold by Spanish and English governments during the 1600s, and often taken over and converted into Pirate ships in the rough Carribean sea waters.

Very cool, I find it awesome to have an actual functioning ship that is sailed around the world, today. It would be amazing to have been in New York, not knowing anything about it, at the time it came in. Would have felt like it was the 1600's, very anachronistic. :cool:

These galleons were a true prize in one of my favorite games, "Sid Meier's Pirates." They were a true money maker. :D
2004_Ship_MerchantGalleon.png
maxresdefault (1).jpg

I see this ship every time I go through St. Augustine (The glory of living where I am) whether it is to hold a meeting with the people in charge of our school district or to go to the beach. You can clearly see it from the Bridge of Lions and it is quite massive compared to the other ships docked where it is.

A side note, doesn't this belong in Pirate 411? :p

I see this ship every time I go through St. Augustine (The glory of living where I am) whether it is to hold a meeting with the people in charge of our school district or to go to the beach. You can clearly see it from the Bridge of Lions and it is quite massive compared to the other ships docked where it is.

A side note, doesn't this belong in Pirate 411? :p
That would be quite a site to "see" occasionally during your travels through St. Augustine. :D

As far as this thread being posted within that category, I had thought about doing so but decided ultimately to place it here due to the fact that it pertained more to ships rather than just (pirate) history.

If the thread would find better company within the Pirate 411 category then just let me know again. :)

Back