Weapons el patron and other legendaries redux

squintz

Pirate Lord
Probably been asked but I can't find it. Do legendary only drop when the pirate is over level 42-43?
Has anyone got any swords before 42?
If so, where?

It's based on your weapon level not pirate level. You need to be around lvl 25+ in your sword for the chance to find it. You could be technically be a level 1 with 30 levels in your sword and find it. The lowest I've seen is a lvl 20 using it.

It's based on your weapon level not pirate level. You need to be around lvl 25+ in your sword for the chance to find it. You could be technically be a level 1 with 30 levels in your sword and find it. The lowest I've seen is a lvl 20 using it.
Hmmm. I've been maxed sword for a while now. Almost maxed in knife and shooting as well. I think I'm maxed in grenades. I'm running out of maxiness. I lean more toward pirate level. Plus, I can't seem to get the el patron sword quest thing either for the mine. No keys from the nutso.

I got all of my el Patron blades from sea loot, and levels had nothing to do with getting them, just luck.
Silver freeze was obtained at Foulberto, again, well below any level suggested above.

I got all of my el Patron blades from sea loot, and levels had nothing to do with getting them, just luck.
Silver freeze was obtained at Foulberto, again, well below any level suggested above.
I would argue against that, I tested that theory back when I used my second pirate to only use cannons. All I would get were crude and common cutlass. While my pirate that only lvl cutlass to 30 (he was around lvl 20) I would get fames and high level swords constantly. Levels do play a factor as well as luck. A pirate with level 1 sword will never find a fame.

The exception to this rule is cannon rams and sea charts. They should behave the same as everyother weapon but seemed to be bugged, so you can get high level cannon rams and sea chart at level 1.

I would argue against that, I tested that theory back when I used my second pirate to only use cannons. All I would get were crude and common cutlass. While my pirate that only lvl cutlass to 30 (he was around lvl 20) I would get fames and high level swords constantly. Levels do play a factor as well as luck. A pirate with level 1 sword will never find a fame.

The exception to this rule is cannon rams and sea charts. They should behave the same as everyother weapon but seemed to be bugged, so you can get high level cannon rams and sea chart at level 1.
Here's a "lost" el Patron, from a loading screen failure, at around level 25 for me, based on adjacent screens taken at the time...
screenshot_2017-09-29_20-25-07.jpg

That doesn't disprove my point. Level 25 in what? What was your sword level?
I think it's illogical to assume a pirates notoriety level has nothing to do with loot and other game achievements. Otherwise why even have a pirate level if it didn't benefit other parts of your pirates profile. In a game with no storage at this time, giving you a 30 max sword level weapon at level 6 pirate doesn't seem conductive without an ability to store it for later. I've been sword maxed for awhile at level almost 42 pirate and still haven't seen a legendary weapon of any kind. Yet, 95% of the screens with legendary el patron or otherwise showing are maxed 50 pirates.
I'll go back to smasho and suffer on abassa to see if I get a freeze knife.

Also, what happened to the mine key story line? I did do some stuff with the ghosts and crazy guy on raven. Does he give a key you can sell to vendor? Did I accidentally blow that quest?
gl

I think it's illogical to assume a pirates notoriety level has nothing to do with loot and other game achievements. Otherwise why even have a pirate level if it didn't benefit other parts of your pirates profile. In a game with no storage at this time, giving you a 30 max sword level weapon at level 6 pirate doesn't seem conductive without an ability to store it for later. I've been sword maxed for awhile at level almost 42 pirate and still haven't seen a legendary weapon of any kind. Yet, 95% of the screens with legendary el patron or otherwise showing are maxed 50 pirates.
I'll go back to smasho and suffer on abassa to see if I get a freeze knife.

Also, what happened to the mine key story line? I did do some stuff with the ghosts and crazy guy on raven. Does he give a key you can sell to vendor? Did I accidentally blow that quest?
gl
Your pirate level has shown to not influence the drop of getting legendary weapons. The only reason why you see so many level 50 in those screen shots is because they are actively gaining xp with all the grinding they eventually reach level 50, and by pure statistics they eventually will obtain a legendary eventually. Level 20~ pirates have been seen using El Patron, all evidence has shown that the most important factors in drops is the skill level within each weapon.

Your pirate level has shown to not influence the drop of getting legendary weapons. The only reason why you see so many level 50 in those screen shots is because they are actively gaining xp with all the grinding they eventually reach level 50, and by pure statistics they eventually will obtain a legendary eventually. Level 20~ pirates have been seen using El Patron, all evidence has shown that the most important factors in drops is the skill level within each weapon.
Hmm. So with that logic, do you suppose I may be seeing a legendary sooner than later now that I'm maxing skills?

Back