Idea Enemy "Boss" Flagships with Boss on board

mnoy001

Buccaneer
Alright I have an awesome idea. I have been reading threads about having stronger "boss" ships to provide a challenge on the seas, and I have also been reading about having a larger variety of enemies in the future. So how about this? Why don't we have unique boss flagships with their respective boss on board (flying dutchman and Davy Jones, Black Pearl and Barbossa, ect...). These wouldn't just be any enemy flagships, the ships themselves should be unqiue in design and each ship should have unique abilites and engagement emotes/scenery. Once on board, the boss himself should have unique abilites and give great loot once defeated. (Not just regular ship plunder but also skull chest loot with chance to drop legendary and famed)

For example:
The Flying Dutchman
While sailing somewhere between 2 islands all of a sudden your ship gets stuck. (Chatbox: "Sailor: Captain it seems that our ship has hit a reef!") You are unable to steer the ship because the Kraken has a hold of you. All of a sudden the Flying Dutchman jumps out of the water beside your ship and begins peppering your ship with cannon fire. You return fire until you bring the ships health down to 0. At this point you board the ship with your crew on which you find Davy Jones (boss) and his crew. They should have unqie abilities as well! You fight to the death and can earn famed/legendary loot aside from the typical ship plunder. (Such as Sword of Davy Jones/Lost sword of Calypso)!

The Black Pearl
While sailing between 2 islands all of a sudden everything starts becoming darker and the sun is obscured (bring in some ominous music). A thick fog rolls in and obscures the crew's view. (Chatbox: "Sailor: Arrgh Captain I can't see a blasted thing through this fog. Sailor: Captain I see black sails through the thick fog!") Out of nowhere you can see black sails through the fog somewhere around your ship and the Black Pearl comes into view and begins attacking your ship. Once the health has been brought to 0 the captain and the crew can board the Pearl on which you find Captain Barbossa and his crew. They should have unqie abilities as well! You fight to the death and can earn famed/legendary loot aside from the typical ship plunder. (Such as Lost Sword of Barbossa/His gun) Also! This can be modified to only occur at night so that as you fight the crew they go from human to skeletons and back as they fight in and out of the moonlight!! Let me know if this is possible to do or if it's too complicated??

What do you guys think??

P.S. When I have more time I will edit this post and include other famous POTC pirate ships and how I think they should be created as well!

Last edited:
The first idea is almost brilliant with a few changes I would say, but honestly that quest alone would bring in so many more people involved within this community, I'm talking like 50,000 +, adding a quest like that just sounds overall fun and a thrill, and something that potco lacked, exciting fun new quests, the only one I really enjoyed was the Famed cursed/Legendary cursed quest so you could loot them, and kill el patron on his ship at the end and claim the loot, that one I enjoyed the most on potco, The black pearl could have been much better, I think it would be awesome if the tlopo crew made some changes to the black pearl quest, then again they probably want to keep it the same and focus on adding from scratch new quests that you can do, but if they were to add a quest such as what you just said, it would take a sufficient amount of time, i'm thinking 1-2 years in fact, but I know with my heart it would bring so many more into the tlopo community and bring our cherished game back into progression that we had in 2008-2009 at points in time, also if they added more inventory space and more weapons that would be the first step to start updating the game, which potco really lacked in doing their last years, anyhow hopefully all this can be done in time and as we wait for beta have some patience, because imagine how much better our game would be by waiting 1-2 months, and compare that to a new quest which would take 1-2 years if not more long.

Last edited:
Alright I have an awesome idea. I have been reading threads about having stronger "boss" ships to provide a challenge on the seas, and I have also been reading about having a larger variety of enemies in the future. So how about this? Why don't we have unique boss flagships with their respective boss on board (flying dutchman and Davy Jones, Black Pearl and Barbossa, ect...). These wouldn't just be any enemy flagships, the ships themselves should be unqiue in design and each ship should have unique abilites and engagement emotes/scenery. Once on board, the boss himself should have unique abilites and give great loot once defeated. (Not just regular ship plunder but also skull chest loot with chance to drop legendary and famed)

For example:
The Flying Dutchman
While sailing somewhere between 2 islands all of a sudden your ship gets stuck. (Chatbox: "Sailor: Captain it seems that our ship has hit a reef!") You are unable to steer the ship because the Kraken has a hold of you. All of a sudden the Flying Dutchman jumps out of the water beside your ship and begins peppering your ship with cannon fire. You return fire until you bring the ships health down to 0. At this point you board the ship with your crew on which you find Davy Jones (boss) and his crew. They should have unqie abilities as well! You fight to the death and can earn famed/legendary loot aside from the typical ship plunder. (Such as Sword of Davy Jones/Lost sword of Calypso)!

The Black Pearl
While sailing between 2 islands all of a sudden everything starts becoming darker and the sun is obscured (bring in some ominous music). A thick fog rolls in and obscures the crew's view. (Chatbox: "Sailor: Arrgh Captain I can't see a blasted thing through this fog. Sailor: Captain I see black sails through the thick fog!") Out of nowhere you can see black sails through the fog somewhere around your ship and the Black Pearl comes into view and begins attacking your ship. Once the health has been brought to 0 the captain and the crew can board the Pearl on which you find Captain Barbossa and his crew. They should have unqie abilities as well! You fight to the death and can earn famed/legendary loot aside from the typical ship plunder. (Such as Lost Sword of Barbossa/His gun) Also! This can be modified to only occur at night so that as you fight the crew they go from human to skeletons and back as they fight in and out of the moonlight!! Let me know if this is possible to do or if it's too complicated??

What do you guys think??

P.S. When I have more time I will edit this post and include other famous POTC pirate ships and how I think they should be created as well!
Not a bad idea man. I see two problems: The main story in this game is rescuing the black pearl for Captain Jack. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense for the ship to suddenly be a boss battle. The other problem, is that, if I remember correctly, the line about your ship getting stuck on a reef was specifically supposed to be a sign that the Kraken was actually about to sink the ship. Therefore it doesn't make sense to me that all of a sudden you would be fighting the dutchman. But that's just my opinion :p

Not a bad idea man. I see two problems: The main story in this game is rescuing the black pearl for Captain Jack. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense for the ship to suddenly be a boss battle. The other problem, is that, if I remember correctly, the line about your ship getting stuck on a reef was specifically supposed to be a sign that the Kraken was actually about to sink the ship. Therefore it doesn't make sense to me that all of a sudden you would be fighting the dutchman. But that's just my opinion :p
You must not understand then that The flying dutchman, and the Kraken go hand-in-hand together considering that was the basis plotline for dead man's chest.

You must not understand then that The flying dutchman, and the Kraken go hand-in-hand together considering that was the basis plotline for dead man's chest.
From what I remember, the crew on the dutchman would do that thing that pounds the sea floor and summons the Kraken, but wasnt actually present when the kraken attacked the ship.

From what I remember, the crew on the dutchman would do that thing that pounds the sea floor and summons the Kraken, but wasnt actually present when the kraken attacked the ship.
I believe you're right, but if they adjusted the quest for the flying dutchmen so you go into a cutscene with the flying dutchmen releasing the Kraken while he was on his ship, and you battle the kraken and fight him after once you board his ship after defeating the Kraken it would make more sense right mate?

I believe you're right, but if they adjusted the quest for the flying dutchmen so you go into a cutscene with the flying dutchmen releasing the Kraken while he was on his ship, and you battle the kraken and fight him after once you board his ship after defeating the Kraken it would make more sense right mate?
Probably. Although if you fight both the Kraken and the Flying Dutchman in one battle it better be an epic payoff to a huge story quest. At least that's what I think :p

Or it could be more like
Probably. Although if you fight both the Kraken and the Flying Dutchman in one battle it better be an epic payoff to a huge story quest. At least that's what I think :p
It could be more like a Queen Anne's revenge deal type of thing, where it's an event type of thing but in quest form and if you complete it you get some legendary item and have the possibility to get a famed, or another legendary on the side or something.

Back