Extensive List of Minor Bugs & Graphics Problems (7/24/2016)

Macro

Swashbuckler
Hi. I'm Macro, a veteran POTCO player, a part of the original Partners N Crime. (Under the name Raven.) I found some bugs and graphics problems in my free time. Most, if not all of these are minor problems and should not be prioritized. All of these bugs appear to be re-createable so I will include how to recreate them along with the acknowledgement. I apologize in advance if any of these have been pointed out already or are intentional. Please note I also play the game with low graphics and my main pirate was created vertically challenged and seemingly too morbidly obese to plunder anything besides the fridge, but if I suspect a glitch may be affiliated with my low graphics or my pirate's creation rather than the game's side, I'll point that out. Decide the priority of each for yourself. (Glitches, game play and screenshots from Windows.)

EDIT : Once the glitches are fixed, ill mark them as so on this list. If you have any glitches you've found yourself that you dont want to create in your own post, feel free to comment or pm me and Ill add them to this thread.

Invalid Characters
The first seems to be a problem with TLOPO trying to include certain characters outside of the default 95 English characters and those included in the game from other languages. Below are some examples.

Vb841Bk.png
UxFFaku.png

Known Jumping Glitch (and it's vertically challenged pirates' counterpart.)
A known version of the glitch, as noted by other members where the pirate jumping animation seems to lock before completing resulting in the pirate staying in the air in a mid-jump pose. This seems to happen to any pirate who made theirs using any shape beside the far-left. (Far-left edition below)

T7eOUwY.png

Screenshot credits to
Redhawk.

My pirate was created vertically challenged, and seemingly a little obese for plundering seems to have a similar issue. When jumping, the pirate locks in a pose as well, though it seems slightly further into the animation.

qfr0atR.png

•Using a broadside whilst sailing doesn't do anything.
Self-explanatory, and may be intended but I found it strange, since cannoning is out.

Broadsides were (and still are) temporarily disabled as firing them seemed to shoot them in random directions. (Thanks to Stephen Teague for pointing this out to me.)

CvwCQ70.png

What would TLOPO be without some old-fashioned POTCO glitches?
Being stuck in the ground upon teleportation is not anything but nostalgia to a returning pirate.

8bpl7jt.png

Im sure this is fairly well known, but creating a guild does absolutely nothing.

MkhpYvJ.png

You seem to be perfectly capable of purchasing from NPCs but when you go to sell, your inventory doesn't come up.

uNQ19Yu.jpg

•There seems to be a problem with the mini maps for minor islands.
The mini maps only seem to function for Port Royal, Tortuga & Padres del Fuego. (Also the 3 islands available for stowaway by the stowaway master.) The mini map is simply gray or transparent minus NPCs for smaller islands, whilst its fully functioning in major islands.

EDIT : Apparently not a glitch at all but rather an intended feature as used in the original POTCO. (Thank you to Benjamin Calicovane for pointing this out.)

E1HEXe7.png
BSleyYR.png
hdye30L.png

Small visual glitch in Kingshead.

En1gLEW.png

Kingshead really strange shadow glitch.
As I was wandering around Kingshead looking for glitches, I noticed my shadow on the wall following me at a really strange angle.

DAHb8D4.png
1F6QCpX.png

Common rendering glitch.
The difference of 2 pixels can create a strange and sudden rendering glitch as the target renders in. This is the door in this example. Please note, that I tested this with everything on lowest settings, and everything on highest settings to make sure it wasn't an issue in the difference in graphics.

NR4nzvE.png
OxtCTsS.png

Floating on ship, Drop anchor glitch & Wheel crashing
(Found by & screenshot by Stephen Teague)
"As you can see Unknownfighter (navy3001) is floating, and its telling me to drop anchor even though I am not at the wheel

Edit: Also I crash whenever I do grab his wheel"

"Floating always happens, the anchor I am not sure what happened was I was sailing and my internet connection broke so I logged back in and boarded the ship via public boarding (as this ship wasn't mine) and I was standing near the front of the boat and it gave me the option to dock it even when I wasn't near the wheel" -SV

jFUhmBk.jpg

Another ship related bug
in addition to one regarding the compass.

Self explanatory, also I noticed that in the last screenshot his compass functioned fine displaying his ship, but in this one it seems to be completely glitched.
Credits to
Stephen Teague

aB7rKbc.jpg

Thank you for reading. I'll be updating this on my next playtime.

Last updated 7.29.2016.

Special Thanks to :
Benjamin Calicovane (Pointing that the compass is made as intended.)
Redhawk (Screenshot of pirate jumping.)
My completely non-imaginary girlfriend for proofreading this.
Stephen Teague (For noting to me that the broadsides were temporarily disabled.)
Stephen Teague (Adding several glitches involving ships and crashing.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bugfinding!

About the minimap: originally, there were no maps at all. The only thing you could see on your compass was yourself, other players, and NPCs. However, when the islands and caves were redesigned in 2009, Disney made maps for the 3 main islands and all of the caves. So it's not actually a bug, just a feature of POTCO!

Nice bugfinding!

About the minimap: originally, there were no maps at all. The only thing you could see on your compass was yourself, other players, and NPCs. However, when the islands and caves were redesigned in 2009, Disney made maps for the 3 main islands and all of the caves. So it's not actually a bug, just a feature of POTCO!
Will edit onto the original post and credit you.

They removed broadsides as they didn't work well anyways and shot into random directions plus there was a crash with them they'll obviously be back in eventually

Just found this,
Screenshot 2016-07-25 15.51.58.png
As you can see Unknownfighter (navy3001) is floating, and its telling me to drop anchor even though I am not at the wheel

Edit: Also I crash whenever I do grab his wheel

Just found this, View attachment 69780As you can see Unknownfighter (navy3001) is floating, and its telling me to drop anchor even though I am not at the wheel

Edit: Also I crash whenever I do grab his wheel
Is the floating and or anchor thing recreateable or do you have any idea how you did it?
Will add to post and credit you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the floating and or anchor thing recreateable or do you have any idea how you did it?
Will add to post and credit you!
Floating always happens, the anchor I am not sure what happened was I was sailing and my internet connection broke so I logged back in and boarded the ship via public boarding (as this ship wasn't mine) and I was standing near the front of the boat and it gave me the option to dock it even when I wasn't near the wheel

The only bugs I found were the broadsides, teleporting, and selling items mentioned in the original post, but also I found that my boots and belt were significantly darker than they were supposed to be. Overall, a very fun experience and I can't wait until we can get enemies and guilds. Thanks again to the TLOPO team

The only bugs I found were the broadsides, teleporting, and selling items mentioned in the original post, but also I found that my boots and belt were significantly darker than they were supposed to be. Overall, a very fun experience and I can't wait until we can get enemies and guilds. Thanks again to the TLOPO team
Shoe texture and belt is known issue luckily they are fixing it I'm sure

When did you last play? They added animations to teleporting a few days prior. Is there another problem with teleporting?

Back