Blog Post EXTRA GOLD FER YER POCKETS

97005aac5c6c5949f2c3edc428a570f1.png_558x314.jpg

Posted by Horatio Fowler on Dec. 23, 2017, 12:30 p.m.

On the tenth day of Celebration, the Brethren Court gave to you…
Piles of gold,
Free candy weapons,
Free halloween bones,
Double experience,
Double ship materials,
A new hair color,
Merry new ship designs,
A very festive hat,
Free materials and gold,
and an all-new expanded inventory!

Psst, ahoy thar!

You! Aye, you. I has something ye mind find very... interesting. I were handlin’ the cargo of a large EITC ship, when I “found” a document just lyin’ thar unattended. I did not want th’ poor thing to get lost, so I adopted it. Now don’t be givin’ me such dirty looks! It ain’t stealin’, it’s salvagin’!

From the desk of Lord Cutler Beckett, East India Trading Company:

Season’s Greetings! Due to the increased commerce during the holiday season, profits throughout the empire and especially the Caribbean provinces are up considerably. As such, we find that our profits are beginning to outgrow their storage facilities. I have ordered all EITC vessels to carry increased loads of coin on their trips back to our headquarters. I have also requested that the navy help in this endeavor.

Continue with the good work, you all deserve your large holiday bonuses.

Lord Cutler Beckett - East India Trading Company

The meaning be clear; ships across th’ Caribbean will be carryin’ more gold! Ye can easily double yer profits! Every pirate’s dream, savvy? Of course, others have already been taking advantage, so ye are sure to find more gold everywhere, from the poker tables of the Faithful Bride to the undead minions o’ Jolly Roger! Enjoy th’ holiday season mate! It be rainin’ gold!

Fifteen men on a dead man’s chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

View attachment 96964
Posted by Horatio Fowler on Dec. 23, 2017, 12:30 p.m.

On the tenth day of Celebration, the Brethren Court gave to you…
Piles of gold,
Free candy weapons,
Free halloween bones,
Double experience,
Double ship materials,
A new hair color,
Merry new ship designs,
A very festive hat,
Free materials and gold,
and an all-new expanded inventory!

Psst, ahoy thar!

You! Aye, you. I has something ye mind find very... interesting. I were handlin’ the cargo of a large EITC ship, when I “found” a document just lyin’ thar unattended. I did not want th’ poor thing to get lost, so I adopted it. Now don’t be givin’ me such dirty looks! It ain’t stealin’, it’s salvagin’!

From the desk of Lord Cutler Beckett, East India Trading Company:

Season’s Greetings! Due to the increased commerce during the holiday season, profits throughout the empire and especially the Caribbean provinces are up considerably. As such, we find that our profits are beginning to outgrow their storage facilities. I have ordered all EITC vessels to carry increased loads of coin on their trips back to our headquarters. I have also requested that the navy help in this endeavor.

Continue with the good work, you all deserve your large holiday bonuses.

Lord Cutler Beckett - East India Trading Company

The meaning be clear; ships across th’ Caribbean will be carryin’ more gold! Ye can easily double yer profits! Every pirate’s dream, savvy? Of course, others have already been taking advantage, so ye are sure to find more gold everywhere, from the poker tables of the Faithful Bride to the undead minions o’ Jolly Roger! Enjoy th’ holiday season mate! It be rainin’ gold!

Fifteen men on a dead man’s chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...
Now this... This, I can use...

It would be nice if this actually did double the gold. But it only splits the gold you would've earned in half so it looks like you earned double. The same problem existed in POTCO.
You do in fact receive 2x gold; but yeah the display is confusing. You initially see the doubled amount while in the loot container. When you collect it, it shows the base value being doubled.

For example:
If you see 44 gold in the loot, breakdown shows 22+22. Base amount you NORMALLY would have gotten would be 22. So it really does work out to double the amount, it's just confusing.
:gold:

You do in fact receive 2x gold; but yeah the display is confusing. You initially see the doubled amount while in the loot container. When you collect it, it shows the base value being doubled.

For example:
If you see 44 gold in the loot, breakdown shows 22+22. Base amount you NORMALLY would have gotten would be 22. So it really does work out to double the amount, it's just confusing.
:gold:
The double gold is broken!

Back