Graphics Problem Extreme Framerate Issues and other things

So, maybe it was because I was near about 10 people, but I got an average of 11 frames while near them. Is it because the game isn't optimizied? And is there a way to make the game resolution 2560x1080 and make the game run at 75hz?

Ahoy there :)

The game will become more optimized in Beta, so that could very well be the cause (possibly also combined with your computer specs if they aren't very good). Alternate resolutions are still being worked on. Right now they are pretty unstable for the most part.

-Cheysa

I'm waiting to see what happens in Beta. It's going to be a crazy ride. Plus, all those peeps who are coming onto the servers during semi-open Alpha testing are gonna get mad when they can't get into Beta right away. Patience is a virtue, and it seems like we are all enjoying this WAAAYY too much. (Good thing).

Ahoy there :)

The game will become more optimized in Beta, so that could very well be the cause (possibly also combined with your computer specs if they aren't very good). Alternate resolutions are still being worked on. Right now they are pretty unstable for the most part.

-Cheysa
Haha, thanks. I doubt its my specs, seeing how I have an overclocked i5-4690k and Sapphire R9 390. Also, whenever I tick HDR, the game doesn't load and crashes. Oh, along with optimizations and resolutions, will the be support for ultrawide and other renders like DX11 or DX12?

Haha, thanks. I doubt its my specs, seeing how I have an overclocked i5-4690k and Sapphire R9 390. Also, whenever I tick HDR, the game doesn't load and crashes. Oh, along with optimizations and resolutions, will the be support for ultrawide and other renders like DX11 or DX12?
I'm actually going to tag @Mike Wass to answer this one. I'm afraid computer speak isn't something I'm versed in :)

Ahoy Mateys

Me understand silicon chip lingo Cheysa. His machine is like V-10 Dodge Viper Turbo, fast and 30 MPG.
I'm with basic DSL and I can not be in lots of people. I get disconnected, which part of Alpha testing.
If my memory severs me right, there are only 5 islands with fishing dock access?
Which for one fishing boat by Christmas

Regards Redscarelett

Am I the only one who's game is running worse than it used to?

I remember a while back, @Mike Wass said there would be an update with the name tags, and it should help with lag when you're around a lot of people.

After that update happened, I noticed it was much laggier running around the islands, and it was about the same frame rate in a large group as it was before the update.

Just a little thing I noticed.

At the moment, no. The game is not optimized. Disney didn't have the game optimized much either. We've been mainly focusing so far on getting the game to run in general, and have the features back -- and not so much the optimization part. However, we are going to be taking some time soon to really track down the laggy parts of the game and iron those out a lot.

We have a few updates we need to make to nametags still, which will make the game much less laggy.

Before we go into Beta we really want to have the game optimized a lot more, when the other features are around it gets to be a pain.

I am running a little smoother now. I now get around 15 FPS in crowds instead of 8-10FPS.
Non-crowded areas I get anywhere from 30-60 :D

Thanks Devs!

At the moment, no. The game is not optimized. Disney didn't have the game optimized much either. We've been mainly focusing so far on getting the game to run in general, and have the features back -- and not so much the optimization part. However, we are going to be taking some time soon to really track down the laggy parts of the game and iron those out a lot.

We have a few updates we need to make to nametags still, which will make the game much less laggy.

Before we go into Beta we really want to have the game optimized a lot more, when the other features are around it gets to be a pain.
With optimizations, and the game being overall complete and stable in the future, could we see to new renderers or graphics? Or would that be nigh impossible with the current engine?

photo.php
I had some weird stuff happen on the PR dock with graphics. Here are 2 screenshots
photo.php

Last edited:
Back