Question Factors that affect loot drops

thehappybub

Wanted Pirate
I have read a few different guides and analyses of how the loot system works, but I still have a few questions that people's answers generally differ on when I ask:

(1) How many reputation levels below the use requirement of a specific weapon do you have to be for it to even drop for you? I have heard 5, 6, 10, and that there is no requirement other than having it unlocked. The more consistent one I see is 5 but some people are swearing to me that they got an item when they were 10 levels below the use requirement so I don't know what to believe.

(2) Other than variations in reputation levels and unlocked weapons, do all pirates looting together at a location generally get the same drops from a specific pouch/chest/skull chest or is it completely different for everyone (i.e. does the game randomly generate the contents for each pirate individually based on whatever variables)? When I loot with a person of similar level and rep in skills as me it seems like we get a lot of the same stuff from comments or comparing loot, but not always and its hard to find someone with exact stats as you.

(3) When looting at sea, what exactly is happening? If the lower tier loot, such as crates, are being replaced, do they get completely thrown out of the loot or are they just hidden? I have seen some guides that tell you to keep looting after your cargo is "full" (all loot skull and mats) because you're still getting gold from the sunk crates or whatever. Is this true? On a similar note, if I try to do a sailing run for the purpose of getting exclusively sea loot drops (some sailing items and cannon rams), do the loot chests that get replaced become lost if I acquire, say, a materials chest, or is it just hidden, but still awards loot in the end?

(4) I hear a lot of anecdotal evidence of there being servers with better loot on particular days. Given the rng of the loot system and my basic but intact understanding of statistics, I totally understand how this can just be a byproduct of chance, but does anyone know more details on the validity of this notion?

Thanks!

1. It's 5 levels lol.
2. Everyone gets different drops some are just "luckier" than others.
3. You get all the loot you were given when ported. Doesn't matter if they disappeared they are still in the cargo. If your looking for rams don't go for mats focus on skulls. If you need gold them Royal chests be nice.
4. This is just a theory. Yes loot seems to be better on the main servers than others. I do believe it is because there is a group and not just 1 person.

Back