Famous person wants to play TLOPO

Status
Not open for further replies.
He used to comment on a lot of POTCO videos, like JFR's game remembrance:
IMG_3479.jpg

Evidentently a YouTuber with almost 3 million subscribers looks up to JFR, or at least did. Your reputation always precedes you @John Foulroberts

The content this guy seems to make is boring to me. Don't really care if he joins or not. Never heard of him before either. At least the game is getting some form of promotion.

Reactions: Avb
I've never heard of the guy and I hope he doesn't bring a wave of people with him. I fear what we would look like with a new generation of pirates who may very well not understand the game even in the slightest way the rest of us do. I don't mean to sound like a conservative game player but I fear the outsiders that come in big waves. On the other hand praise for the game and maybe even for the reengineering job is appreciated. And I'm sure JFR is loving those kind words hurhurhur

I've never heard of the guy and I hope he doesn't bring a wave of people with him. I fear what we would look like with a new generation of pirates who may very well not understand the game even in the slightest way the rest of us do. I don't mean to sound like a conservative game player but I fear the outsiders that come in big waves. On the other hand praise for the game and maybe even for the reengineering job is appreciated. And I'm sure JFR is loving those kind words hurhurhur
While I understand the whole "what if we get immature players" deal, I'm not sure I entirely agree. TLOPO isn't a club treehouse for teenagers with "no nerds allowed" signs and a password. Our community is pretty small, and it'd be fun if it blew up a bit more. However, the thought of a whole new generation of people disrespecting loot policies makes my stomach churn...

More People will help the community. At the Moment we have way too many veterans who are often not very open to new Players which is completely stupid. Every new Person that helps growing the community is a big help to revive the game.

With this said I do not care who supports this game and who does not. I am just happy about every new Player who joins this community.

I hope somehow he gets more people to play... When I log-in, it's almost dead... Very few people. I assume it could be because it's summer, people for some reason tend to be busier during that season.

I hope somehow he gets more people to play... When I log-in, it's almost dead... Very few people. I assume it could be because it's summer, people for some reason tend to be busier during that season.
It might also be a timezone issue since you're in Europe and most players are in the US. There are around 600 people online right now (which is fairly consistent with what we've seen the rest of the summer season).

It might also be a timezone issue since you're in Europe and most players are in the US. There are around 600 people online right now (which is fairly consistent with what we've seen the rest of the summer season).

Oh right, didn't think of that. It's true, now in the US the time should be somewhere before 11 pm and after 5 pm, whereas here it's, right now, 3:13 am. I thought for a moment that people forgot about the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back