Fast Switch, Rebirth.

Discussion in 'TLOPO PvP and SvS' started by Flash X, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Flash X

Flash X Sea Legs

Like I said earlier, lag depends on server output, computer specs, the amount of people in that area etc. You are putting more stress on the game by being able to move quickly through combos, but it will not be significant. A friend of mine experienced the same thing, and I suggested to turn the display settings down a notch. Low and behold, he can fast switch at his full potential without witnessing any lag-like symptoms. Keep in mind though, this was a mistake made by POTCO. If TLOPO brings back this feature on purpose, I'm sure they would do it the right way, and not have it stress out the system in any way, shape, or form.

2. Dreadful

Dreadful Notorious Pirate

Meh. It adds a bit more strategy to me to have gotten rid of it. You have to actually time when you use blade storm now, primarily using it as a finisher, rather than just hitting it as soon as is ready. I'm okay with it being out.

Grievouss, angel bladefury and Marz like this.
  3. JohnnyDaPirate

Admin

I support this movement. Though it's possible this feature was originally a design flaw which was later corrected, it was never that to players. Fast switch grew to become a part of the "jumper" community. Though it has been removed for quite some time, even before POTCO was closed, support for it's return was always very prominent amongst the community. And even now, all these years later support is stronger than ever.

Other than a lack of realism in it, I don't see how fast switch's revival can negatively affect the game or it's players.

Personally, I always wanted TLOPO's goal to be to revive POTCO to exactly as it was on closing day to the very last detail, only adding additional content later on which wouldn't compromise or alter the experience. Though I think that it's become clear that the game will never be exactly as it was. TLOPO is a game created by the community for the community. This is something the community wants.

I suggest we start a pole, giving pirates the opportunity to vote wether or not it should return.

4. Flash X

Flash X Sea Legs

I can meet you halfway on your statement... I'm going to assume one of two things.
    1. You have stopped PvPing.
    2. You are not a jumper / aggressive player in the PvP world.

The reason why I assume this is because I too have dropped out of the PvP world, after FS was no more of course. I as of right now, don't really care to PvP. Not that I don't enjoy it... More of I'm so used to and in love with the old ways, it's terribly slow and painful to go back to the non fast switch ways...

Now to why I assume you are not a jumper / aggressive PvPer. Without FS, taking your opponent down is such a chore, when used to the old ways. Not to mention, the beauty FS brought out in players. I remember it became a colorful sport where PvPers started making their own, unique combos to finish their opponent. A great friend of mine, Eric Raidrage, would love to finish with his Thrust/Nest/Storm combo. This did massive damage hence why he was one of the best, -best in my eyes- out there. This didn't come to him over night, us PvPers would study others and learn ways to defeat our opponents. We all had a unique fight about us. Now with FS gone, -Don't take me rude here- , the PvP world has gotten boring. Everyone knows, it's going to be combos then either blade, nest or w.e that's coming.

There's times that Eric would finish me off, and I'm still looking at the screen like, "What the heck did he just hit me with?!" After laughing and congratulating each other on the GGs, we'd talk about how quick he became, and how his techniques worked for him. That's the great part about FS, everyone was unique. Some were amazing with combos, and some where amazing with their abilities. We all had our own flavors. Now, we're nothing more than just a bowl of cereal, where Spade is the one who slices and dices everyone up as he goes along this slow milk run :)

sharkhound likes this.
  5. Flash X

Flash X Sea Legs

Avast, Johnny! Thank you for your kind words! We too would love to see FS coming back. Hopefully it will, and revive our old friends that has gone away from this game. I know as well as others, many that left for a more fast paced, PvP. Hopefully, with this back, our friends will come back and enjoy this game once again!

As for you wishing TLOPO to bring back POTCO as exactly as it was.... Eh, I hope they come with something new. POTCO was great, of course! But we all got older, and would like a change. Keep the old things of course, however, maybe add a few more weapons, better drop rates, etc. I don't know, to me, I'd like to always be moving forward. Making something better than it once was. That's how you stay being the best, as well as bringing in millions of new players... And the key of KEEPING the old ones. I know it's not easy, but with helping us out and giving the community what we all like, this game will definitely go far, and I'm hoping to be here when it does!

sharkhound likes this.
  6. Dreadful

Dreadful Notorious Pirate

You've done a fantastic job of romanticizing a small glitch in a game that shut down 4 years ago. I just don't think it's that big a deal. :confused:

angel bladefury likes this.
  7. Flash X

Flash X Sea Legs

Thank you :)

You may not, but many others do. Hopefully we can all get what we want here!

sharkhound likes this.
  8. Grievouss

Grievouss Honorable Pirate

only if u can toggle on or off then yea cause I pvp in look out only cause I am a casual pvper type.

9. Flash X

Flash X Sea Legs

I see what you're saying. It may be a little more difficult to toggle on and off however. Truth is, either way if it comes back it'll be great! Toggle, no toggle, always on, or sometimes on... As long as PvPers have it at their disposal, it'd be a great thing :D

10. Christopher Cannonskull

Site Founder

fast switch was completely a glitch lol. you could animation cancel abilities that were suppose to have a 4 second timer and immediately swap to other high damage abilities. sure it was cool and fun to watch and play against however with certain weapon setups it was ridiculously overpowered