Fastest way to level sailing?

There is a spot where a navy colossus flagship keeps spawning over and over again (its between Cuba and isla Tormenta). Position yourself at the rear of the spawn point and keep shooting it down for easy XP. I spawn camped there untill i got to lvl 15, which gives about 50-70 XP per kill. After that going on mat runs is a easy way to max sailing.
I recommend borrowing a war ship as it will take 2 shot to down the colossus.

Last edited:
Hop in a light sloop, shoot everything, whether you sink it or not, and sail for 30 to 40 minutes at a time. Takes 2 to 3 days max.
You will not sink, but might need to do minor repairs from time to time.
Savor it!

I just did mat runs in a medium Brig.

You slap one hull modification on it (I did reinforced 1) and it looks more appealing in the public ship tab. People will join you, even if they're all newbies, but that's okay. Newbies are fun to play with!

Also how I met some of my repeat crewmembers. Life's more fun when people talk.

Hop in a light sloop, shoot everything, whether you sink it or not, and sail for 30 to 40 minutes at a time. Takes 2 to 3 days max.
You will not sink, but might need to do minor repairs from time to time.
Savor it!

Follow Up!
Here's a screenshot of a successful sail in an effort to level up and get some loot worth getting. Less than 2 days later and I'm already level 15 and not having spent the entire time sailing to get there.
Total sail time to level, 3 hours, 14 runs.

screenshot_2017-07-18_01-19-04.jpg

Back