Feedback

F

Falco

It's not like I don't appreciate your work, but I personally am not happy with the beta.
Five minutes into beta and I already ran into a glitch (edit: and a bug) and a crash.... And my custom name got rejected, will I at least have the opportunity to change the "Pirate" name I'm stuck with??
Edit: Nevermind about the name, after couple of minutes the game notified me and gave me the option to change it.

But I like the FPS improvement, did you upgrade to better servers? The FPS and the many bugs/crashes were my biggest problems in alpha, I'm glad the framerate is fixed in the beta.
I'm letting aside the fact that the game stucks at some point during loading, because it could be due to many other players online at the moment, so that one isn't really your fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not like I don't appreciate your work, but I personally am not happy with the beta.
Five minutes into beta and I already ran into a glitch (edit: and a bug) and a crash.... And my custom name got rejected, will I at least have the opportunity to change the "Pirate" name I'm stuck with??
Edit: Nevermind about the name, after couple of minutes the game notified me and gave me the option to change it.

But I like the FPS improvement, did you upgrade to better servers? The FPS and the many bugs/crashes were my biggest problems in alpha, I'm glad the framerate is fixed in the beta.
I'm letting aside the fact that the game stucks at some point during loading, because it could be due to many other players online at the moment, so that one isn't really your fault.
The point of a beta is to test the game for bugs, glitches, and the servers! You are doing your part by reporting these problems to the TLOPO team. :)

Crashing has definitely been the most annoying part about beta so far. I trust that they'll fix it soon, though. Also, whenever I enter combat, my frames drop tremendously (I go from 60 to 10-20) and the music stops playing (it comes back after a couple of seconds, though). This happens every time I enter combat with an enemy.

The point of a beta is to test the game for bugs, glitches, and the servers! You are doing your part by reporting these problems to the TLOPO team. :)
It's very different when you encounter it literally in the first 5 minutes. I'm tired of everyone justifying "but.. but, it's still not fully released", really? POTCO was fully released and was messy as hell, very buggy and glitchy.
How did they get away? The community was silent on this. We should expect bugs and crashes in Beta, yes, it's normal, but when they happen every two seconds, people just give up. Now, I didn't want to give up, so I wanted to document everything I encounter from there on and see what actually gets fixed later, but now I can't "do my part", because the game already crashed 3 times and probably due to too many people connecting, it doesn't load. Beta with so many issues is unbearable, 99% of the games have less issues from early alpha all way to the full release.

I'm afraid that if no one takes this seriously, we might have a full release of POTCO, but with far more bugs and crashes. Most of the issues from alpha weren't fixed, but they were moved to beta instead, along with it's own issues. That's what got me worried. Many people confuse me being worried with hating. (Because of blind fanboyism) Please, don't take that route and see it how I see it - objectively.

Just be patient. Alpha had days like that as well. I'm sure the devs are aware of everything and will fix it. Beta has been live for just over 3 hours now. Beta is a "Testing Stage", not a final product.

It's very different when you encounter it literally in the first 5 minutes. I'm tired of everyone justifying "but.. but, it's still not fully released", really? POTCO was fully released and was messy as hell, very buggy and glitchy.
How did they get away? The community was silent on this. We should expect bugs and crashes in Beta, yes, it's normal, but when they happen every two seconds, people just give up. Now, I didn't want to give up, so I wanted to document everything I encounter from there on and see what actually gets fixed later, but now I can't "do my part", because the game already crashed 3 times and probably due to too many people connecting, it doesn't load. Beta with so many issues is unbearable, 99% of the games have less issues from early alpha all way to the full release.

I'm afraid that if no one takes this seriously, we might have a full release of POTCO, but with far more bugs and crashes. Most of the issues from alpha weren't fixed, but they were moved to beta instead, along with it's own issues. That's what got me worried. Many people confuse me being worried with hating. (Because of blind fanboyism) Please, don't take that route and see it how I see it - objectively.
99% of the games out there also have a paid, professional development team.

99% of the games out there also have a paid, professional development team.
Not quite, there are more and more indie game developers out there. A lot more than ever before. A lot of them don't get any sort of payment until full release of the game, when it's practically bug-free. They don't rush it out, they first make sure it's polished. If you take on a job, no matter paid or not, you either be responsible and do it right, or don't do it at all. A pure example of why that's true is many of the teams who used to make POTCO recreations, especially Pirates Online Rewritten. And trust me, paid development team doesn't equal a quality team and a quality product. Ride to hell : retribution? Dead Island 2? Both had paid teams, and the team that got fired for their extremely bad work and stopped working on DI2 was very well paid.

From these two examples, the first game was a disappointment, the second game was so bad that the dev team got fired and replaced, the project went back to the white board.

Edit : I just hope those issues are going to be taken more seriously now and at least the most common ones won't be transitioned to full release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back