Firebrand, etc

Dog Plunderhawk

Pirate Apprentice
The fact that certain things still do not work such as Firebrand (the damage over time effect does not happen, making the ammo pretty much useless) and sea items not working seems to have been a bit forgotten. Of course, there are several other things like cannon defense and such that still don't work, and plenty of other fixes to be added to the game - however, having items that are in the game already but can't be used (or are mostly useless) is the most frustrating thing for me, and anyone else who has decently powered sea items in their inventory that are less usable than a rusty cutlass. Perhaps even more annoying is that voodoo attune sound effect that gets permanently stuck until you relog if you ever come near someone that is attuned.

Not sure how focused the devs are on things like this right now, but if not, I think it's about time that these were finally fixed before we move on to getting excited about new content and such. Fixing these very annoying bugs would make TLOPO more enjoyable and ready for new content.

In response to your Firebrand complaint, I'd like to direct you to @Sky Kiwi's post.

"Firebrand burning effect is not working at this time, and when it does it does not stack. However, because of this, the firebrand's base damage is increased. In POTCO, firebrand actually did less base damage than round shot, making the firebrand hulls have lower average damage than regular boardsides!"

In response to your Firebrand complaint, I'd like to direct you to @Sky Kiwi's post.

"Firebrand burning effect is not working at this time, and when it does it does not stack. However, because of this, the firebrand's base damage is increased. In POTCO, firebrand actually did less base damage than round shot, making the firebrand hulls have lower average damage than regular boardsides!"
Yeah, I was just about to say this. Firebrand does A LOT more damage than round shot. Not only that, but the designs look pretty cool. I think the main issue is that sailing items don't work. I hope that gets fixed before anything else.

Yeah, I was just about to say this. Firebrand does A LOT more damage than round shot. Not only that, but the designs look pretty cool. I think the main issue is that sailing items don't work. I hope that gets fixed before anything else.

Hey thanks for the mention!

Also just wanna point out that it also says how much damage Firebrand currently does compared to roundshot in that post - specifically, firebrand does 25% more damage than round shot. 5 round shots is equal to 4 firebrand shots.

actually, the devs have no obligation since they don't get paid. So, we can expect that to be fixed in either a few months or years. :]

Back