Fishing Loot

Dreadful

Notorious Pirate
Fishing loot seriously needs to be taken down a peg or two. It is by far a better way of getting famed or legendary items than any sort of actual looting. This was not how it was intended to be - actually defeating enemies should be the best way to obtain high value items, not a side activity such as fishing. And even if it were land looting that was providing as much high quality loot as fishing is instead, it would still be in need of a nerf. Famed and legendary weapons aren't meant to be obtained so easily.

Fishing loot seriously needs to be taken down a peg or two. It is by far a better way of getting famed or legendary items than any sort of actual looting. This was not how it was intended to be - actually defeating enemies should be the best way to obtain high value items, not a side activity such as fishing. And even if it were land looting that was providing as much high quality loot as fishing is instead, it would still be in need of a nerf. Famed and legendary weapons aren't meant to be obtained so easily.
it's all chance, i have not gotten any from fishing, some people are just that lucky

it's all chance, i have not gotten any from fishing, some people are just that lucky
But the amount of people who are so very lucky is significantly higher than what it should be. Not only that, but there are actual methods to obtaining better loot that have been proven pretty well to work. Famed items shouldn't be easily obtained within just 30 minutes-2 hours - at most, they should drop once for every 4+ hours of looting or fishing. Not suggesting a sort of time based looting system, but that's what the drop rates should be.

But the amount of people who are so very lucky is significantly higher than what it should be. Not only that, but there are actual methods to obtaining better loot that have been proven pretty well to work. Famed items shouldn't be easily obtained within just 30 minutes-2 hours - at most, they should drop once for every 4+ hours of looting or fishing. Not suggesting a sort of time based looting system, but that's what the drop rates should be.
People were talking in guild about that. One was saying they got fame in short time and others were saying they fish all the time and haven't pulled loot like that. It's a subjective opinion of what a loot ratio should be or average reward ratios. But the dev's have the real numbers and make the decisions on drop rates hopefully for the good of the game.

One pirates idea of whats a good reward is different from another' pirates idea. Is tlopo reinventing the loot system or using Disneys? I don't know if anyone knows for sure outside of the dev's. But one things for sure, this ain't Disney no more and some things in game were designed for a very young demographic and marketing schemes which I think tlopo can do without. The chat is one and they're now working on bringing that into the adult world. The fact there is no blood or gore in the game and no one dies except bad things is definitely a Disney child thing from the original game.

I read that Disney did this whole game as a marketing tool for the movies and tried to ride the video game wave as well. I'm not sure if Disney was really committed to support the potcol long term in the first place.

I'm going fishing as soon as I get back in game tonight, so don't change anything until after I get some good loot.

Back