Fishing

I find Goblin Sharks are the best for getting items. Sand Sharks are good money, and occasionally drop items, so I go for them too.

I largely ignore Merlin, and I go for opportune Coelacanth, though they're not great. I'll always choose a shark over them.

All of them. Any of them. Just hold some two week old leftovers dangling off a stick in the water and 4 Behemoth Blades, 9 Grand Blunderbusses and 7 Silver Freeze should come darting out of the water pretty soon.

There are many factors people seem to ignore when discussing looting or fishing. The reason you see many people get good loot from Sand Tigers is because they are very frequently targeted and prioritized over other species. This is most likely because they have a very high gold reward and a decent rep reward. So if someone catches one species more than any other they are of course going to get many good loot items from it, and then they post screenshots and tell other people that they got good items from x species, so those people target that species and prioritize it, and of course get good loot, and the cycle continues. I can't say with 100% certainty that all big fish have the same drop rates, but once I take all other factors into consideration, I can't see any noticeable difference in them.

Back