Request Fix Code-Giveaways...

Should this system be revised?

• Total voters
I disagree with the level playing field. I have a good computer and while my frames weren't necessarily high they were perfectly playable. Not to mention this method is reliant 100% on how fast you can type. I am a fast typist, able to get 2 codes with a single public drop with no problem, but it isn't fair at all.

I disagree with the level playing field. I have a good computer and while my frames weren't necessarily high they were perfectly playable. Not to mention this method is reliant 100% on how fast you can type. I am a fast typist, able to get 2 codes with a single public drop with no problem, but it isn't fair at all.
I can type quickly as well, but i get lag for when i'm inputting the code

First comes first, yeah, and then crash and lag, and we could not even kill Jolly after all. Did he have God mode on? lol As i said, a complete fiasco. Waiting for next big news. Did waste my saturday for this c rap. Now beer and tv, bye.

I have a pretty slow computer at the moment and I snagged up 2 codes. Not every event is gonna be ran in the same manner, you're free to express your opinions but do it in a constructive way maybe?

I have a pretty slow computer at the moment and I snagged up 2 codes. Not every event is gonna be ran in the same manner, you're free to express your opinions but do it in a constructive way maybe?
What did the codes gives you?
I only even saw 1 code in the chat... and it didnt work.

The only thing I find unfair is that someone was giving away codes on Bequermo. This server wasn't mentioned in the event? Now that is unfair. Now Juntos has codes being given away with all the high end RP guilds? I smell treachery!

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a Grave Reaper, a rare cursed sword with Poison strike and Cursed Ice, it's a lootable item.

and I got a Spectral Cutlass, a rare with Dark Curse, it's not very good but it looks cool lol

I know it worked for a few, very few. But the average game player it didn't work for them. This is meant constructively. I love the game. Just about everyone I knew didn't get anything and were booted several times during the event. And yes codes were being given on other servers. If they had announced it was on all servers we would have been spread out more and maybe it would have worked better with lower numbers on each server.

Last edited:
Could the old system used to randomly assign access keys not be adapted for this task?

Could the old system used to randomly assign access keys not be adapted for this task?
First time I was in a POTCO giveaway, all they said was to, "Ask Politely" and they gave them out lol, but a random giveaway would be better suited for the task

First time I was in a POTCO giveaway, all they said was to, "Ask Politely" and they gave them out lol, but a random giveaway would be better suited for the task
You could still have GMs flagging people as eligible for whatever the giveaway is, they just need something a little more robust to keep track of who won what, something that can survive lags and crashes. Nothing feels worse than losing unique loot in a CTD.

The reason why we used this system is explained below:

Regarding the redeem codes-
The purpose of providing personalized codes was to encourage more people to show up. If we just plastered universal codes on the website, not many would attend.

We were intending on releasing invasions as a surprise for you all. We created the "GM event" in which codes would be handed to make players gather in order to drop an invasion on them.

The only items that were handed out were:
Orangutan Repeater, Spectral Cutlass, Grave Reaper, or Bejeweled Sabre, common musket ("zombie")
350 codes were distributed randomly

Thanks to whoever posted constructive feedback, we'll take your tips into consideration.

Back