Sailing Flagship Grappling Not Working

MostlyToasty

Dockworker
Just started playing TLOPO two days ago, love the game. I am, however, running into a problem. Whenever I take a flagship's health to 0 and prepare to board (crew on cannons with grapples, etc.) the green grapple circles fail to appear. I made sure to test with multiple different ships and to always attack fresh flagships (so I will have undisputed boarding rights) and am now wondering if it isnt just something I'm doing wrong? I'd love to hear any advice anyone has on the topic, or if this is a common problem. Thank you!

Some ammo types seem to cause it.
I have been able to reduce the problem by not using firebrand. Also taking the ship down faster helps. Still once in awhile I still don't get circles.
I've seen that about the firebrand ammo, I dont have that unlocked yet so thats not the problem. That being said, it does take me some time to defeat these ships so maybe that is why they're being so difficult. Thank you!

In my experience this happens when someone else has attacked the flagship and got boarding rights but left without boarding or parlaying it. I often see this on Abassa but rarely on quiet servers.

I just did the Skeleton Infestation quest again , Fresh Flag ships and still No rings , took multiple times on a few of them to finally get the rings , been a Issue since I started playing , Any flagship can be bugged . I only use round shot and still It's buggy . P.S. I never sail on the dating game server ( Abassa )

I just did the Skeleton Infestation quest again , Fresh Flag ships and still No rings , took multiple times on a few of them to finally get the rings , been a Issue since I started playing , Any flagship can be bugged . I only use round shot and still It's buggy . P.S. I never sail on the dating game server ( Abassa )
I ran into this yesterday too. It wasn't like that very recently but now many of the flagships seem to be bugged. I'd swear that even after the most recent update things were not perfect but not like this either. What is going on?

What's odd Is you get the timer but even when the timer expires the flagship may or may not sink ! Makes It's bad doing the Skel Infest quest !

The other thing that I am sure causes them to glitch is getting too far away from them
What's odd Is you get the timer but even when the timer expires the flagship may or may not sink ! Makes It's bad doing the Skel Infest quest !
I took 3 of them yesterday in a row with no bugs. Not saying they don't bug but for me the bugs rare.

Almost think we should meet up to compare techniques

Back