Pirates of the Burning Sea -- FREE Ship for POTCO Players!

Hamled

Dockworker
Hi everyone,

I'm Hamled and I am the CEO of Portalus Games, which runs Pirates of the Burning Sea. We're currently running a promotion in celebration of Talk Like A Pirate Day and to encourage former players of POTCO to check out POTBS!

If you register and log in before the end of the month you'll receive a limited edition ship, the 'Sparrow' Ketch, as well as two items that will increase your experience gain for two hours each. Furthermore we've discounted our Starter Pack, perfect for new players, by 50%.

Regardless of this current promotion we'd be delighted if you gave POTBS a try, it's entirely free to play and we think it would make an excellent home for POTCO players who are looking for more of the Age of Sail experience!

Nice offer Hamled, been trying to sign on and having trouble getting the confirmation e-mail. Looking forward to playing.

Thanks for stepping up to give us somewhere to play.

Hi everyone,

I'm Hamled and I am the CEO of Portalus Games, which runs Pirates of the Burning Sea. We're currently running a promotion in celebration of Talk Like A Pirate Day and to encourage former players of POTCO to check out POTBS!

If you register and log in before the end of the month you'll receive a limited edition ship, the 'Sparrow' Ketch, as well as two items that will increase your experience gain for two hours each. Furthermore we've discounted our Starter Pack, perfect for new players, by 50%.

Regardless of this current promotion we'd be delighted if you gave POTBS a try, it's entirely free to play and we think it would make an excellent home for POTCO players who are looking for more of the Age of Sail experience!
Is POTBS available for mac?

Currently POTBS is only available for Windows (officially XP, Vista, and 7, although I've personally had success with 8) and at this time we do not have the developer resources to attempt a port to other platforms.

Hi everyone,

I have played POTBS before, would there be a way for me to get the starter kit/ship or would I have to create a new account? I didn't play POTBS very long because POTCO was still around. :)

The new Sparrow ship is available to all players who log in before the end of the month. The first character that you log into will automatically receive the ship and the two Experience Books.
The starter kit is also available to all players and can be purchased from the Treasure Aisle store under the Consumables section.

The new Sparrow ship is available to all players who log in before the end of the month. The first character that you log into will automatically receive the ship and the two Experience Books.
The starter kit is also available to all players and can be purchased from the Treasure Aisle store under the Consumables section.
Thank you for responding. I look forward in maybe joining your community. You can't replace POTCO though.

I played POTBS and NOBODY was playing, it was like a ghost town... And I tried the pirate type and the french. It was 10x worse than potco for players :/

Aw I missed out on the free ship because I was too slow. I downloaded POTBS this week because I wanted to come back to POTCO but that game was gone! :(

I also haven't come across many people yet, which surprised me because it is a weekend. I think I might just be in a "starter area" or something though. I'm not familiar with the game world yet. I'm on the Antigua server playing as a Spanish Privateer.I'm actually having a difficult time finding people to play with, as there is no official POTBS forum. If any of you still play this and are in an active Society please let me know. I will change factions to join up with you. :)Charles Warmonk let me know about http://potbs.wikia.com/wiki/Society:League_O_Blue which is a very active Pirate society on Antigua. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back