Game not working at 1080p Full Screen

RedAsKetchum

Dockworker
The game cuts off by 1/3 or so. On topf of this I have an intel i7 3.5 GHZ, 16 GB DDR4, running of an ssd with a GTX 960 and having this problem with serious framerate drops from 60 to low 30s and 15 fps spikes. Is it suppose to be like this? Cuz I can run much newer games are higher graphics no probem. Added a screenshot so you guys can see. So frustrated :(

Attachments

• Screenshot (41).png
    Screenshot (41).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,158
The game cuts off by 1/3 or so. On topf of this I have an intel i7 3.5 GHZ, 16 GB DDR4, running of an ssd with a GTX 960 and having this problem with serious framerate drops from 60 to low 30s and 15 fps spikes. Is it suppose to be like this? Cuz I can run much newer games are higher graphics no probem. Added a screenshot so you guys can see. So frustrated :(
I run the game with a similar setup with a 1080p monitor and the game seems to run fine for me. The framerate never is stable though. I'll usually stay at 60 fps consistently and randomly drop to 30 and sit there until I relog. Interestingly enough, if I reduce the game's resolution to 1440x900, I sit at 120 fps. Where on my old monitor, I could only ever reach 60 fps.

To fix the screen cutoff, you can try going to options>display and modifying the resolution settings there, if you have not tried that already.
Base Profile Screenshot 2018.07.04 - 01.24.29.43.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply. I did try it and it only happens at 1080p. It seems to be a scaling issue :/ Unfortunately Ive had this problem for quite a few months now with no fix in sight :/ and my monitor is indeed 1080p.

Have you tried going into the Nvidia panel and scaling from there? Try adjusting the width and stuff, just to see what's happening. Also, do you have 2 monitors? Sometimes the card likes to scale onto 2 screens, even if you don't have one. A quick fix is to plug into a TV if you don't have another monitor and see if it's running it over there. There's a few tweaks that can get you running.

I run the game with a similar setup with a 1080p monitor and the game seems to run fine for me. The framerate never is stable though. I'll usually stay at 60 fps consistently and randomly drop to 30 and sit there until I relog. Interestingly enough, if I reduce the game's resolution to 1440x900, I sit at 120 fps. Where on my old monitor, I could only ever reach 60 fps.

To fix the screen cutoff, you can try going to options>display and modifying the resolution settings there, if you have not tried that already.
View attachment 105372
Isn't 1440-900 typically a mac laptop resolution? That's the max native I have on my macbook pro which is what I'm on right now.

Isn't 1440-900 typically a mac laptop resolution? That's the max native I have on my macbook pro which is what I'm on right now.
That was the resolution of my previous monitor for my pc. The standard resolution of my macbook pro is 2560x1600.
I am not sure how typical 1440x900 was of older mac models, but it is a rather low resolution compared to what is acheivable nowadays: HD, UHD, 4K, etc.

As you're using a Geforce 900 series card, I assume you're running a Windows or Linux machine, or maybe a Mac with an external GPU. Well, if it's Windows, I have an easy fix. The problem is the game isn't playing nice with Windows Display scaling, which is notoriously awful, but seems to be getting better. Anyways, on the TLOPO.exe file, right click > properties, and then mirror what you see here. The problems you're having here are exactly what I'm having on my 28-inch 4k monitor. Mirror these settings and your problems should be gone. Only foreseeable issue is that the setting may get overridden whenever the executable is updated.

I apologize for bring this discussion back from the dead, but the above is a no compromises fix.

upload_2018-9-10_17-10-25.png

Back