Suggestion Get rid of server slots/A more sensible solution

BeardBrain

Sea Legs
I'm currently quite lucky to have the opportunity to have at least 1 slot a day to play for free, However because all 70 slots are being booked up obviously the game is extremely popular and would be beneficial to expand on the player base?.

A few simple suggestions really:

- Server Que instead of server slots, It would be less strain on the website surely with the refresh spam?
- Increasing server capacity to accommodate all the players.
- Taking donations not payments as i know you guys don't like that, In order to pay for the better servers, I know i would in a heartbeat

Thoughts?

I'm currently quite lucky to have the opportunity to have at least 1 slot a day to play for free, However because all 70 slots are being booked up obviously the game is extremely popular and would be beneficial to expand on the player base?.

A few simple suggestions really:

- Server Que instead of server slots, It would be less strain on the website surely with the refresh spam?
- Increasing server capacity to accommodate all the players.
- Taking donations not payments as i know you guys don't like that, In order to pay for the better servers, I know i would in a heartbeat

Thoughts?

-Server Queue- not a terrible idea, but it leaves getting into the game even more up to chance and waiting, whereas time slots, while you might have to book a while in advance, are a certainty unless something happens that's you can't play. This is only temporary anyway until the game hits open beta where the floodgates are unleashed and you can log on at any time.

-Increase Server Capacity- that'll naturally come with more testing and optimization. 70 is the highest it's ever been. Much better an 20-30 per hour lol.

-Donations- No, no. Money floating around would likely drastically increase the odds of Disney shutting the project down. They've sworn to take the costs out of pocket even though people like you and me would love to help out a bit.

I think they should open a gofundme that is completely OPTIONAL.. maybe have a limit to donations if they're so sensible about it, but I too would give of my time and money to put forward or more correctly, backwards in time to my childhood. lol

Given the amount of crashes people are experiencing, the server queue would be unfair because if someone crashed they have to wait for a while to get back in

I think they should open a gofundme that is completely OPTIONAL.. maybe have a limit to donations if they're so sensible about it, but I too would give of my time and money to put forward or more correctly, backwards in time to my childhood. lol
They cannot make ANY money off of this remake, regardless of whether it is an optional donation or not. They have also stated that they will not be taking donations no matter what.

They cannot make ANY money off of this remake, regardless of whether it is an optional donation or not. They have also stated that they will not be taking donations no matter what.
When it comes to the matter of having to take some kind of donations to eventually improve servers, though, I believe it should be taken into consideration.

It won't come to that. There are more TLOPO staff members standing by willing to begin helping with the server costs when the time comes. We've got it all covered :)
So, if we were inclined to help, we could 'technically' become staff members for a limited time to give our donations?

Once some bugs are fixed so that crashes happen rarely, I would love to have a queue to get into the game instead of playslots, I think that's a great idea :)

Listen thank you for all the replies, My thoughts behind the server queue was maybe some slots were being booked but not used.

Ive come to realise this might be crazy talk as this game has and always will be great :)

The servers seem to be holding up with the double time slots. I think that when they go into the week they should keep the double time slots. Rather than doing 80 they should hold it at 140.

No. A staff member means you're actually on the TLOPO team helping in some way.
What if the TLOPO team promoted me to be the boss of the project, then we go on Undercover Boss, and then I give money as the undercover boss of the project, which is then used to help the servers?

-Server Queue- not a terrible idea, but it leaves getting into the game even more up to chance and waiting, whereas time slots, while you might have to book a while in advance, are a certainty unless something happens that's you can't play. This is only temporary anyway until the game hits open beta where the floodgates are unleashed and you can log on at any time.
What if there was a way to combine both methods? Use the time slot thing to essentially reserve your place in the que while the people who didn't just wait to get in like everyone else. This would allow people to plan ahead on when they are going to be playing but still allows people try to login in the moment. Thought? Suggestions? There is always a better solution to a problem :)

What if there was a way to combine both methods? Use the time slot thing to essentially reserve your place in the que while the people who didn't just wait to get in like everyone else. This would allow people to plan ahead on when they are going to be playing but still allows people try to login in the moment. Thought? Suggestions? There is always a better solution to a problem :)

Excellent idea.

I have been giving this a lot of thought. Especially a system that allows people to reserve a time and they get priority in the general que during that time. For the other people that did not reserve their spot, they are simply just put in as a normal priority in that general que.

These are all great idea lads but when it comes down to it. That is more coding and time the developers are taking out of developing TLOPO.

I would much rather wait my turn everyday then have the developers take time on a system that is temporary.

Back