Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Nay ~

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would rather not say ~

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

~ This past month, I have been fortunate enough to have reconnected with the television, dramatic series - "LOST" - which, up until recently, I was unable to have fully committed myself into viewing due to personal circumstances I had where the public airing of the show remained in conflict with my own scheduling (at the time).
lost%20tv%20series%20television%20cast%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_44.jpg
If you are unfamiliar with the series, the show involves the personal lives (and corresponding survival tactics) of a group of airline passengers whom are left stranded on a supposedly uninhabited island as a result of the chartered flight they had each taken ending abruptly when the airplane had (emergency) crashed-landed onto the island's beach.
*The actual scenario of the show reminded me of what our POTCO pirates "could have" faced if Disney developers had never permitted our pirates to sail or teleport away from any given, POTCO island.
:piratemickey:Therefore, this thread's purpose is to challenge you to think strategically on how you would...
1.) Survive

2.) Escape
...if any given POTCO island if you on you were not able to sail or teleport away. To make matters worse (or better depending upon how decent of a POTCO 'looter' you were) the ONLY resources you had available to use to overcome such a challenge are those items gained within your main pirate's inventory belt held in possession on September 19, 2013.
Header_468x189_(2).gif
As an example (and this is where a 'screenshot' of your pirate comes in handy), I can vaguely remember that Shamus - my main pirate - had within his inventory the following items which would come in handy if he ever had to survive long-term on a POTCO island:
  • Canvas (valued important during the making of a raft and used as 'sails' to escape from the island)
  • left-over Father's Day "pork" (why? because even a stranded pirate can survive on salted pork)
  • Famed "Bloodfire" cutlass (a weapon used for survival purposes including exterminating jungle mosquitoes by day and a lantern or torch by night)
  • Bright Red/Orange clothes/garb (strategically used for both survival and escape on account that the 'brightness' of the clothing is highly visible within the depths of the jungle or the expanse of the open sea)
In addition to the inventory items you would most likely choose, please share which everyone which wild island on POTCO you would most likely want to be "lost" (i.e., stranded). Also, please pick a maximum of five (5) POTCO friends you would most likely want to share this entire experience with to better assure your survival and/or escape.
For purposes of this thread, please explain to the reader your exact reasoning for choosing each friend.
(Important: when choosing these POTCO 'friends,' remember to choose those you do happen to know for certain whom are both resourceful and savvy enough to further assist yourself beating the odds of remaining stranded/lost forever)!
Remember, the challenge of this thread is to rely upon your imagination concerning this scenario. As such, you are welcome to write a short "story" if this helps you to supports the details of how your (main) POTCO pirate would survive on any random POTCO island if both the sailing and the teleportation option were non-existent. Oye! Now get...
lost-season-5-thumb-400x254-73598.png
:shark:
Lost-tv-show-bvt07.jpg

poll makes no sense.

The poll was a failed attempt by myself to interject some humor into the thread. ;)

*Also, I had failed to distinguish that POTCO "wild" islands be chosen and I will edit the thread to reflect this change (to be 'stranded' on Port Royal, Tortuga, or Padres del Fuego after all would offer little challenge in comparison to the wild islands of POTCO).

Back