Question Getting Gold

Moesacra

Sea Legs
Hey guys I was just curious on what you think is the best way to grind out gold. I know sailing is a very good option but I was wondering if there are better ways.

Fishing is really fast as well, once you get to the largest ones.

Make sure you've redeemed the gold codes "blackjack" and "holidaygold".

Like Cheysa said, fishing gets you lots of gold, especially Sand Tiger Sharks. Another good way is brewing "Staff enchant I" and selling it for 100 gold each, doesn't take that much to make.

Like Cheysa said, fishing gets you lots of gold, especially Sand Tiger Sharks. Another good way is brewing "Staff enchant I" and selling it for 100 gold each, doesn't take that much to make.

If you go the fishing route OP do max out fishing and go for sand tiger sharks. Back in the waning days of POTCO, I bought 3 warships by doing just that. Sure me bum was a bit sore after that, but Sand Tiger Sharks (and level 3 fishing in general) is a good, reliable source of income in my opinion.

I'm not really sure how fishing gives you money, I played for a while and barely got 50 gold in total, I suppose you have to level up and.. Unlock better lures I guess? Because the regular one can't reach deeper and even if it does, bigger fish ignore it.

The best way to make gold is by playing poker at Padres Del Fuego, no doubt. You just keep betting, raising and then you cheat(if you don't have a hand good enough). You rarely will get caught, although it happens.

Sometimes I earn 3 thousand, 6 thousand or 8 thousand a hand.

I'm not really sure how fishing gives you money, I played for a while and barely got 50 gold in total, I suppose you have to level up and.. Unlock better lures I guess? Because the regular one can't reach deeper and even if it does, bigger fish ignore it.

The best way to make gold is by playing poker at Padres Del Fuego, no doubt. You just keep betting, raising and then you cheat(if you don't have a hand good enough). You rarely will get caught, although it happens.

Sometimes I earn 3 thousand, 6 thousand or 8 thousand a hand.

When you level up fishing, you eventually get a better rod to go deeper in the water. Some sharks can give you almost 300 gold for a 45 second catch. You get a better rod at fishing level 5 and fishing level 15.

Also, you can lose gambling. It's much harder to lose fishing (unless its a legendary fish.)

When you level up fishing, you eventually get a better rod to go deeper in the water. Some sharks can give you almost 300 gold for a 45 second catch. You get a better rod at fishing level 5 and fishing level 15.

Also, you can lose gambling. It's much harder to lose fishing (unless its a legendary fish.)
You will lose at gambling if you don't know how to play. At this state of the game, you only need to know the poker hands. I haven't lost a single hand since I started cheating, and I'm earning couple of thousands each hand. For me, it's much more profitable.

You will lose at gambling if you don't know how to play. At this state of the game, you only need to know the poker hands. I haven't lost a single hand since I started cheating, and I'm earning couple of thousands each hand. For me, it's much more profitable.

Eh, well to each his own. In POTCO I hated gambling at poker. I much preferred blackjack. I also HATE my profits being up to chance (with chance including '0'), and I hate cheating, so fishing it is for me.

Eh, well to each his own. In POTCO I hated gambling at poker. I much preferred blackjack. I also HATE my profits being up to chance, and I hate cheating, so fishing it is for me.
I understand the feel, I hate having to rely on the chance of getting a good hand, but it's addictive, I can't stop it. (I will never play with real money though) In TLOPO, I play poker only to earn money, not for the joy of it, so I really don't mind cheating.

I've found the best way is to get 5 really fast people onto hard-mode ship repair. Everyone gets paid, so if you add that up it's about 200 gold per person per minute (If they are good at ship repair.) That's 1000 gold in total per minute (albeit, spread out among workers. The more the merrier!)

Back