Discussion GMs shouldn't tell people not to use weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time there is a SOCIAL event on the game, it is expected that you not use your weapons - especially staff and grenades. It's distracting at the very least; rude and irritating at the most. The GM presence helps to enforce those social norms. If you want to show off your grenades and staff, do so elsewhere.

That's my opinion.

Any time there is a SOCIAL event on the game, it is expected that you not use your weapons - especially staff and grenades. It's distracting at the very least; rude and irritating at the most. The GM presence helps to enforce those social norms. If you want to show off your grenades and staff, do so elsewhere.

That's my opinion.
I have to agree with this sentiment. However, if you are insisting on showing off your grenades, please do the world of a favor and aim them at your feet. ;)

I mean generally a social event is planned far out in advance so I'd just move somewhere else because people like @John Yellowrat probably worked really hard to get this planned and many people were excited about it. In MY personal opinion even if you just moved to a different part of the island to throw grenades, that'd be a more considerate thing to do.

I don't see how staff or grenades stops you from reading chat and talking with others, just turn off game audio if it bugs you. People are being such crybabies and this is yet another very minor very immature thing to enforce. Seems to me like this is becoming more of a prison camp then a game. And I remember at ever POTCO event ever hosted by a staff member there were at least 100 people doing same thing with staff and grenades

I don't see how staff or grenades stops you from reading chat and talking with others, just turn off game audio if it bugs you. People are being such crybabies and this is yet another very minor very immature thing to enforce. Seems to me like this is becoming more of a prison camp then a game. And I remember at ever POTCO event ever hosted by a staff member there were at least 100 people doing same thing with staff and grenades
If you don't like it then don't be at the event. GMs are moderators so therefore we should follow their wishes.

Prison camp, or simply an online environment with a specific set of rules?

The issue with weapons and grenades was that it was causing major lag to the point where it was very hard to function in-game. I was there and it was incredibly hard to type or move with the weapon spam. Not using weapons is simply courteous and allows for everyone to enjoy the event.

Actually, the GMs have the right to tell u to do pretty much anything, or they can make u do pretty much anything, within the boundaries of TLOPO and it's property. If they don't want you using weapons, don't be a jerk. Go somewhere else or put away the weapon and stop ruining a social event that some people went through the hard work of planning.

...I am trying to stop this game from becoming a online dating simulator, and this event is basically one.
This statement above describes your intent. You're "trying to stop" something willfully and purposefully...by doing things you very well know will cause other pirates frustration. This intent of yours cancels out what you first write within the OP of this thread. In other words, you might do something all the time on a specific server but...you chose this time around to dedicate yourself to "trying to stop" something.

That's intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back