Glitch  God Glitch during Muertos Moon, Abassa Tortuga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a bit of info on the tech side of the game, and how exactly moderators can "know" if someone did anything against the rules and terms.

Every single action a player makes; every step, every turn, every weapon drawn, etc. is recorded within the game servers. Not just chat -- every ACTION.

A moderator, let's say if directed to a certain person (reported), need only go and start looking at everything that player was doing around the time of the report. If said player initiated a glitch, then the Mod will see it and know, and may then decide to take action or not.

Yes, players HAVE been banned for using glitches. True. Fact. End of story.

See ya'll online and have fun! (In a non-abusive within the rules' parameters sort of way.)
:rumgone:

For those who keep question the system here is an official answer...
Thank you for getting back to us, and sorry for any confusion. If a player is disrupting other players in game, causing frustration or breaking the Pirate code in any way, this is against the rules. This being said, using a 'glitch' is not necessarily 'cheating', but it can still be disruptive if taken advantage of, which would be against the rules.

To analyze this, glitching is against the rules. Especially glitches used against others such as this. I know many will misinterpret this and try to argue this again but the words above are from Disney. Since a glitch is a game bug, it does not always mean it's a cheat however it CAN be regarded as one if taken advantage off. In addition to that, it's disruptive to the game community therefore against the code.

To all those players who think glitching isn't bad, i hope you think again mates. It's morally wrong. If you do not care about morals, think of others and do not be selfish. If you are selfish, think of the game you play to have fun and play it the way it is.

For those who keep question the system here is an official answer...

Thank you for getting back to us, and sorry for any confusion. If a player is disrupting other players in game, causing frustration or breaking the Pirate code in any way, this is against the rules. This being said, using a 'glitch' is not necessarily 'cheating', but it can still be disruptive if taken advantage of, which would be against the rules.

To analyze this, glitching is against the rules. Especially glitches used against others such as this. I know many will misinterpret this and try to argue this again but the words above are from Disney. Since a glitch is a game bug, it does not always mean it's a cheat however it CAN be regarded as one if taken advantage off. In addition to that, it's disruptive to the game community therefore against the code.

To all those players who think glitching isn't bad, i hope you think again mates. It's morally wrong. If you do not care about morals, think of others and do not be selfish. If you are selfish, think of the game you play to have fun and play it the way it is.
Thank you Leo; although I was reluctant to drop the "M-Bomb" on this topic, I'm happy you were able to clear this up.

And I'd like to note: this applies to any type of glitching that's used to disrupt or imbalance the game "system," including swift foot glitching in PvP, auto-aim in SvS, doll attuning under staff aura, etc. Honestly, I find it sad that people get pleasure out of doing these things, especially doll-attuning "noob players." In my eyes, this just shows who the real "noobs" are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back