Glitch  God Glitch during Muertos Moon, Abassa Tortuga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused here... Why is it that NOBODY wants to tell this glitch? If it's because they don't want it to be fixed, it IS apparently ending on the 31st anyway, according to Jack Scurvyfoote, so what's the point in keeping it a secret? It just doesn't make any sense to me...

This is a glitch that shouldn't be done by anyone mates...you are taking advantage of the whole content added to be fairly played by all! The whole point of the Muertos moon is to fight...survive...or kill your opponent fairly. Stop using these glitches when you know it's not fair to others, it will get others mad at you and the game, and you are messing with the game.

I never said I would use this glitch to kill people, I simply posed the question: if this glitch is going away at the end of the month anyway, then why even bother keeping it a secret? I was just confused is all... And even if I did ever use it, it would only be to survive the moon, not to fight. It's not like everyone is going to stop using this glitch either, so at least I wouldn't be destroyed every time I tried to walk through an open area. Heck, I don't even fight during the curse anyway, I just run, so the only people I think this would upset are the people who use the glitch to fight, which are the ones who don't need to be fighting at all. They're already abusing the game, so I honestly don't see any point in making sure it's fair for them.

In the Rules does not say you will be banned for glitching and i even asked in Piratesonlines youtube channel and said no
That is not true...You can be banned for glitching depending on how bad it is and how it's being used. Taking advantage of a glitch to make yourself stronger, faster, etc...can sometimes be viewed as a cheat and get you banned and even terminated if repeatedly continuing to glitch and being reported by others.

But that shouldn't even be something to consider mate. And not directing at you...It's simply just wrong to take advantage of the games problems to make yourself superior. It's not fair and no posties come out of it.

I think the moon curse is annoying anyway, as it just allows people to attack you while you're simply trying to play the game. This is why I personally don't see a problem with using the glitch just to survive and not fight, because all it's doing is making the moon curse not effective on you. It only happens during october anyway, so the rest of the year people are pretty much in the god glitch all the time, because you can't die from other players and you can't attack them either, which I wouldn't be attacking anyway. I see it more as exluding myself from the curse and staying as I would be if it wasn't october. People can choose to not participate by hiding inside anyway, I would just be using a different method. I'd rather not hide indoors from this annoying moon for a long period of time doing nothing while I could be leveling up or looting. People clearly aren't going to publicly explain this glitch though, so there's no point in asking either.

In the Rules does not say you will be banned for glitching and i even asked in Piratesonlines youtube channel and said no

The YouTube channel isn't the official method of communication. Go ask live chat or go ask in an email. Also, directly from the Code of Conduct page on piratesonline.com:
  • No Cheating - Any use of third party programs is not allowed. Players who use any third party programs while playing risk being permanently banned.

While it mentions 3rd party programs specifically, the No Cheating refers to NO CHEATING as in No Glitching, as in No God Glitching. Comprendes?

Reactions: LEO
The YouTube channel isn't the official method of communication. Go ask live chat or go ask in an email. Also, directly from the Code of Conduct page on piratesonline.com:

While it mentions 3rd party programs specifically, the No Cheating refers to NO CHEATING as in No Glitching, as in No God Glitching. Comprendes?
They Meant Cheating As using a hack not a glitch

lol i did this last night
screenshot_2011-10-28_21-59-38.jpg

found this glitch by my self no one told me and no im not telling anyone lol

Okay, perhaps I am mistaken, and you don't get banned for doing the glitch itself. HOWEVER

• Respect your fellow pirates - Pirates of the Caribbean Online does not tolerate any swearing, cheating, bullying or overt harassment toward other players. Disciplinary action will be taken should any one of these occur while playing.
Doing the God Glitch constitutes as a form of cheating, which is a form of breaking the rules.
Doing the God Glitch is bullying, because other pirates are unable to kill you in a fair manner in the way the game is meant to be played, and usually pirates that I have seen doing the glitch taunt other players.
Doing the God Glitch is overt harassment to other players because of the taunting and because of the sheer insanity and annoyance caused to other players by the glitch.

As the conclusion follows from the premises, doing the God Glitch can and will get you banned, per Disney's Code of Conduct.

if god glitch is a form of harassment then certainly swinging a sword and killing people in pvp is harassment also ive done god glitch a millon times and about a billon people said at abassa "im reporting you" and i havent gotten banned yet so that proves that god glitch wont get you banned also ive done this glitch... and never gotten banned...
screenshot_2011-05-04_20-54-02.JPG
proven that a Glitch cannot get you banned

if god glitch is a form of harassment then certainly swinging a sword and killing people in pvp is harassment also ive done god glitch a millon times and about a billon people said at abassa "im reporting you" and i havent gotten banned yet so that proves that god glitch wont get you banned also ive done this glitch... and never gotten banned... View attachment 17385proven that a Glitch cannot get you banned
:) Thank you, i have been glitching over 2 years and no bans about glitching (31th of October is the end of the god glitch Good bye :D See you next year!)

No Cheating - Any use of third party programs is not allowed. Players who use any third party programs while playing risk being permanently banned.

Yes i did and i will Contact POTCO and see if you do get banned for glitching :drink:

if god glitch is a form of harassment then certainly swinging a sword and killing people in pvp is harassment also ive done god glitch a millon times and about a billon people said at abassa "im reporting you" and i havent gotten banned yet so that proves that god glitch wont get you banned also ive done this glitch... and never gotten banned... View attachment 17385proven that a Glitch cannot get you banned

Crestshot is right; the "no cheating" clause applies to any action that gives you an unfair advantage over another player. I also agree that this is a form of harassment, and why, anyway, would someone want to do something that's own purpose is to cause grief to other players (especially when the objective of the moon is to kill the undead)? The concept of schadenfreude is completely beyond me.

However: I would think a possible reason why one may not get banned for doing this is the fact that the claim that someone is "glitching" is unsupportable. Yes, many people may report, but the fact is, one could report any other person for glitching just to get them banned, even if they weren't doing it.

Yes, glitching voids POTCO's T&C, and I believe it should be an action that merits a ban if it's done to harass/bully others. Because it's hard to prove, though, in my opinion the best way to solve the problem is for the staff to eliminate the glitch altogether, or for players to abstain from using it.

And also, although you may not get banned for using a glitch, it gives you no right to use it against others. I, personally, would quickly delete any friend of mine who griefs another player with glitches, and I'm sure a large portion of the gaming population would also.

if god glitch is a form of harassment then certainly swinging a sword and killing people in pvp is harassment also ive done god glitch a millon times and about a billon people said at abassa "im reporting you" and i havent gotten banned yet so that proves that god glitch wont get you banned also ive done this glitch... and never gotten banned... proven that a Glitch cannot get you banned

Just because YOU have never gotten banned does not mean that anybody who uses the glitch cannot get banned. Please note that I said it can get you banned, if the correct methods of reporting are used. Besides, your argument doesn't add up.

Killing people in PVP is not harassment because of the fact that you are able to be killed in PVP - If you're not using a glitch, that is. If you kill people in PVP using inappropriate manners, that can get you a report, and I don't mean using a doll when the other players said not to. This includes speed glitch, god glitch, using inappropriate language, etc. etc.

Also, using the God Glitch is a question of moral and ethical standards, but I probably shouldn't get into that here, as it will prove to be completely ineffective, considering the majority of the people wanting to do this glitch clearly don't have the same standards as myself.

Disney may not be able to catch everyone, but I can be almost positive that someone has gotten banned using the God Glitch, or out of the manners they used when using the glitch (cursing at people who tried to kill them, for example). Go on your merry way, though. It's only here for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back