Gold cap

Mr Wong

Sea Legs
By any chance upping the max gold cap? Seems that it’s causing problems being capped at 300k while ship upgrades can be ‘up there.’

I think that is the least of the problems atm. Most people have more difficulty securing enough material for ship upgrades. I regularly get plenty of gold just playing. Never has been an issue. I think most people would prefer to see no more crashes tbh.

I wouldn't mind the gold cap raised... I loot alot & have to find ways to spend my gold because I always have to find ways to get rid of gold, not a big sailor & no plans to get more war ships... $500000 would be nice

Why do you need too find a way to get rid of gold when your just gonna max it again? Why not just keep it?
What's the fun in being stuck at 300k, watching your wealth rise is a goal to set. Constantly being capped and not having anything to spend it on can be obnoxious and irritating. Plus, it does no harm to anyone by eliminating the gold cap. It's almost like the cap is just there to be burdensome....

Yes still. What would raising the cap change? Just the amount of time it took too get max gold is the only thing I could think of.. There is no real need too change the gold cap. As you keep saying "have nothing to spend my gold on" so why do you want more??

As i said prior, the cap should be eliminated not raised. There is no benefit in having a cap other than being a vexing inconvenience to players. For instance, I enjoy playing Tortuga poker. I can't have fun playing poker when my cash stack is maxed out because I have no benefit, no meaningful reward, or self-gratification coming from the side game. It just seems a tad foolish to me for a game to have a gold cap when I would argue the game is quite cash oriented. This is spurred by the idea that building ships is what people spend the lion share of their capped gold on and it is what players strive to get gold for thus making it an important in-game commodity. Say what you please but gold in bulk is important and its impossible to really have that gold in bulk when you have a low cap.

300k isn't even that low of a cap. What cause is there too have more gold than that? Nothing in the game costs nearly 300k so I don't see the purpose in "eliminating" it so people have millions or even billions of gold. If I remember correctly they have already raised it once from its original gold cap.

300k isn't even that low of a cap. What cause is there too have more gold than that? Nothing in the game costs nearly 300k so I don't see the purpose in "eliminating" it so people have millions or even billions of gold. If I remember correctly they have already raised it once from its original gold cap.
And people having more than 300k hurts the game how? Oh sorry, I forgot there was an economy we needed to worry about maintaining in this game. There isn't an advantage for having more money than others besides warships, once you've finished with that then its all over. I don't understand your argument on how if there is nothing worth over 300k then there is no real reason to raise it. When you are buying ship upgrades in bulk you need much more than 300k to get far, I'm sure you know that just as well as I do. If you have a cap on gold and are mat farming then you are not gaining any more gold, it is a waste of time when you could be getting both for future upgrades. There is really just no good argument to have a cap besides the, "well that's how it has always been so it will stay that way" conservative approach.

I don't understand your argument of having more gold. Its not hard too get more gold takes no time at all if you know what your doing. So if your argument is based on ship upgrades that's not hard to get the gold for that. Considering that ship upgrades are the most expensive thing in this game at the current time and to get gold for them isn't that hard still do not see why you fight too have more gold. The current cap isn't effecting anything in the slightest.

I know its not hard to reach the cap, its easy with boss farming and ghost poker, even you agree that the cap must be to low based on your statement of, "It's not hard to get more gold, takes no time at all". Needless to say, the current cap is affecting the ability to proficiently upgrade warships. I don't think you understand the time wasted when gold is capped but you don't have enough mats so you have nullified the ability to obtain more gold when it would be imperative to have (x) amount of gold at a later time. I feel like I am just reiterating at this point. Needless to say, if you don't understand why eliminating the cap or at least raising it significantly would be of many benefits to the players (You might not think about it right now, but down the road, you will think otherwise), then I believe it would be in the interest of the devs to bring a democratic approach to this subject. Let the people decide. I guarantee there are far more people than you think that would agree with my statements. Times change, people change, the world changes, get used to it.

I don't think you understand the time wasted
Hows it wasted when your farming a boss for it? Possibility of getting a legendary = wasted time. Or sailing for mats or just overall loot with the gold being a bonus. Still don't see your point of saying it wastes time. You keep stating the same things over and over and its not changing my opinion of it. So lets just agree to disagree savvy?

Okay definitely cherry-picking on that one, i don't think you read anything further than what I said after that line, rip. Obviously you don't get mats for ships from bosses, if you read what I wrote you would have understood that nowhere did I mention farming bosses. I was speaking primarily about sailing and having capped gold while getting mats at sea. And how is the gold a bonus when you are gold capped already hahaha. But, anyways take anything from this paragraph out of context as you please, I give you my permission this time. Clearly, sir, you see the world in black and white and would rather end the conversation feeling all high and mighty than even agreeing with me on the democratic approach of having the devs put it up for a vote somehow amongst players. Side note: The reason I am constantly reiterating is that if you follow the trend of your posts you consistently just ask more questions for me, and taking what I said out of context to misinterpret the statement. No real substance to the argument.

Honestly I read the whole thing and couldn't really care lol. I honestly do not see the purpose in "eliminating" the gold cap or even upping it at all. Not hard to get gold as ive stated several times and here I am restating it. Ship upgrades are not hard to complete with the current gold cap and from what im looking at from what you stated about ship upgrades is too make it easier too upgrade them. Just so you don't have too go and get gold in between upgrades any longer. Which defeats the purpose of ship upgrades in my open. Why make it easier when it is already easy to do. For those looters whom have maxed gold with nothing to spend it on how would "eliminating" gold cap change that. Clearly it would not and you clearly can not grasp that concept. You clearly have misread or misunderstood my last post what I meant was when you don't have your gold at max and you get it its just a bonus. What I meant about the bosses was you stating "its a waste of time to get more gold" if that's not what you meant then due explain what is a waste of time??If you wanted a vote you could've put one on this thread not sure why the devs would have to do that when they are working on more important things. Im sorry your having a hard time understanding that not everyone is going to agree with your opinion and just because others don't agree with your and state theirs shouldn't mean you insult them like you just did. I get what your saying but I don't agree with it in the slightest nor will I. As Ive said multiple times lets just agree to disagree but that seems too be way too hard for you too comprehend.

I didn't put a vote on this page because this is like my 10th post or w/e and Idk how that works. It's almost like you have been doing this for 2 and a half years and would know how to, being a greeter and all. I understand what you are saying, don't act like you need to repeat yourself for my feeble tiny mind, I am fully capable of entertaining the idea that we don't need a cap and I know what your hitting points are; 1. its easy to get gold ( doesn't make sense for this argument but you seem to hit it hard) 2. It's easy to get ship upgrades (everything seems to be easy for mr.man) 3. Everything is already cheaper than 300k so why change anything (Everything at the dollar store is only a dollar but if I wanted 4 items and only had $3 id be a little upset that I didn't have the ability to save $4 for that 4th item). You can demean me as much as you want and feed your ego but it isn't gonna change the fact that making the cap significantly higher or eliminating it would do nothing but better the game whereas keeping it the same does nothing but give more fodder to this conversation for it to come up time and time again. Next time be more clear about getting gold being a bonus because you still sound as if you enjoy gold being a bonus when you are already capped, seeing how this whole conversation has been about gold caps lol

Seeing how the title of the thread is "Gold Caps" shouldn't it be about gold caps?? You seem to think the game needs to revoke it and it will be better and I think the game needs too keep it how it is since its easy enough as is no need too make it easier.

Seeing how the title of the thread is "Gold Caps" shouldn't it be about gold caps?? You seem to think the game needs to revoke it and it will be better and I think the game needs too keep it how it is since its easy enough as is no need too make it easier.
To put it this way, there’s nothing for me to further myself in the game being that I’m maxed out... collecting gold is literally something I could look forward to, just because of how boring the end game of pirates is.

To put it this way, there’s nothing for me to further myself in the game being that I’m maxed out... collecting gold is literally something I could look forward to, just because of how boring the end game of pirates is.
I thoroughly agree. I mentioned this at post #6

Last edited:
Back