Gold Limit

Raise Gold Limit

• Aye

Votes: 76 95.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
Or, gold pouch upgrades could be implemented maybe? similar to how we have pouches for cannons and shots. However, these upgrades will have to be a bit expensive. Also, this could even be a looted item which would have to be very rare. Just a suggestion for the future as this is not an issue at the moment. :)

How do you even get this much gold to begin with ??????
I'm a dealer of sorts... jk. It's quite simple actually, grind a lot. Just keep on doing what you like doing (whether it's fishing/sailing/looting enemies) f0r fun without having a certain goal in mind and you'll notice the gradual increase Gold. Good luck :thumbsup:

I think that Darkslinger's main point here is that because of the current state of the game, without ship upgrades to spend gold on, having a cap is very disadvantageous to us, because of his point that there are very few things to spend gold on right now. If the cap was increased, we could all save up gold for when we can purchase ship upgrades, instead of being capped out at 200k and not being able to take the extra gold we earn from looting/fishing/selling. When we are able to purchase ship upgrades, we would blow all our gold on the first couple upgrades if we are capped out at 200k (ship upgrades are very expensive), and we would have to go back to looting/plundering to obtain the gold needed for further upgrades (when that's what we had been doing all along, and if we had been able to obtain the extra gold, we would have enough for further upgrades).

I am in the same situation as Darkslinger, so I totally understand his frustration ;)
Couldn't have said it better!

to allow me to save more and more Gold to be prepared for future ship upgrades when ship materials are working again.

Even if we decided to do this, which I'm not sure if we will or will not, it would be after full release most likely. As we stated on the website, no new content (with one or two exceptions) will be added before full release.

If you have max gold what are you saving it for? Go spend it. But if you already have all the ships, upgrades, and ammo upgrades. You don't really need gold for anything but just buying ammo and peddler items. There is plenty of inventory space and most loot is common worth maybe 10 gold anything other then that like famed I assume you save it but again, items like that are worth 400 gold, something you can go make in a minute, fishing and looting. The limit encourages us the spend our gold and go make it again

Besides, the limit in POTCO was 200k and the devs are making the game as similar to the original as possible. There will be no change.

There's really no reason not to raise it at some point, especially if more expensive things are released in the future.

As for the bold line: Please remember that it is the TLOPO team that decides if there will be no change, let's not go crushing someone's hopes when there's been no official word one way or another.

Yes, the team is trying to make the game as similar to the original as possible. We are also creating our own unique content. Not every single aspect will remain the same (case in point: The Black Pearl quest ordering with Raven's Cove.)
----

Great idea DarkSlinger, who knows what we'll see in the future! I for one like the idea :)

Even if we decided to do this, which I'm not sure if we will or will not, it would be after full release most likely. As we stated on the website, no new content (with one or two exceptions) will be added before full release.

There's really no reason not to raise it at some point, especially if more expensive things are released in the future.

As for the bold line: Please remember that it is the TLOPO team that decides if there will be no change, let's not go crushing someone's hopes when there's been no official word one way or another.

Yes, the team is trying to make the game as similar to the original as possible. We are also creating our own unique content. Not every single aspect will remain the same (case in point: The Black Pearl quest ordering with Raven's Cove.)
----

Great idea DarkSlinger, who knows what we'll see in the future! I for one like the idea :)

What I said was referring to the fact that no content will be added or changed until full release. I understand that the TLOPO team decides. So many times I have heard this. Me or anyone else reminding others of this doesn't harm anyone. Just a reminder that there will be no changes as you mentioned, till full release. No reason for any of the community to attack me on what has been stated multiple times.

If what I said is really THAT hurtful then apologies.

But considering how everyone here is for raising the gold limit, my position here isn't worth it as my opinions will just get bashed.

Last edited:
What I said was referring to the fact that no content will be added or changed until full release. I understand that the TLOPO team decides. So many times I have heard this. Me or anyone else reminding others of this doesn't harm anyone. Just a reminder that there will be no changes as you mentioned, till full release. No reason for any of the community to attack me on what has been stated multiple times.

If what I said is really that hurtful then apologies.

Aye, nobody be attacking you pirate, save for Jolly Roger!

In this situation, stuff like that CAN harm someone because it may prevent them from giving thoughtful suggestions in the future, for fear of being automatically rejected because we're still in beta. We do read suggestions (I myself have gone through 8 pages worth, and read through that section in my free time... 'tis fun!)

Also, the original wording made it sound like you were saying it would never change ;). Just wanted to remind everyone that things like this are always considered, and we do take the communities voice into consideration when doing stuff!

---

As I said before, I think this is a pretty neat idea! Here's to hoping :)

IF IT DOESN'T FIT YOU MUST ACQUIT .... I mean.......uh... IF WE SAY YES FORGET THE REST

200k is a perfect amount. Other then buying a war ship and upgrading it, what else are you going to spend your gold on? Peddler items?

The gold limit makes it so you actually have to spend your gold. Anything higher then 200k, for example, as mentioned 800k, people would just save up and buy all the ships and upgrade it in full, buy all the peddler items, all the ammo pouch upgrades...all in one day AND you would still have money left over, possibly. BUT how fun would that be if you could do that all in just one day? Not very. Gold isn't hard to come across. Spend it and go loot it again.

The gold limit keeps every single one of us coming back and playing, its there for a reason.
thats a very valid point but, i think that you should at least let you save gold for later somewhere (bury it on an island) or store it in your ship. 200 k gold pieces is probably too much to carry, (remember the chest of astec gold from the first movie? that only had 882 pieces) if it was realistic you would only be able to hold 75-100 pieces at the most. and that would be a struggle. but games arent really about realism. so i think 200,000 is good for the player to hold as max but i think you should be able to get more by stashing it somewhere.

I disagree with that point. Farming gold would be farming gold even if the 200k limit is raised to say 1 million. And furthermore gold farming is not what keeps up coming back to this game its the actual combat, the PVP, and the looting of Famed/Legendary that keeps us coming back.

thats a very valid point but, i think that you should at least let you save gold for later somewhere (bury it on an island) or store it in your ship. 200 k gold pieces is probably too much to carry, (remember the chest of astec gold from the first movie? that only had 882 pieces) if it was realistic you would only be able to hold 75-100 pieces at the most. and that would be a struggle. but games arent really about realism. so i think 200,000 is good for the player to hold as max but i think you should be able to get more by stashing it somewhere.

I guess a bank wouldn't be a bad idea.
I disagree with that point. Farming gold would be farming gold even if the 200k limit is raised to say 1 million. And furthermore gold farming is not what keeps up coming back to this game its the actual combat, the PVP, and the looting of Famed/Legendary that keeps us coming back.

And you would be surprised. People play games for different reasons.

They shouldn't raise the gold cap for a simple reason. People will reach the cap and when they do they will NEVER decay -200k. Just think about it, it's kind of insane/hard to spend 200k, especially if you own all three of your boats. Some other games have problems because of max players who unlock everything then just gain massive amounts of money, credits, etc. Planetside 2 is a prime example of this. Anyone who has played the game for a bit would realize that after a certain level, even though the dev team is adding stuff, the high level people have almost an infinite number of credits saved just from playing the game.

tldr;
If they raise money cap, people will reach it and you'll never drop below 300k (assuming 500k cap)

Just my opinion

They shouldn't raise the gold cap for a simple reason. People will reach the cap and when they do they will NEVER decay -200k. Just think about it, it's kind of insane/hard to spend 200k, especially if you own all three of your boats. Some other games have problems because of max players who unlock everything then just gain massive amounts of money, credits, etc. Planetside 2 is a prime example of this. Anyone who has played the game for a bit would realize that after a certain level, even though the dev team is adding stuff, the high level people have almost an infinite number of credits saved just from playing the game.

tldr;
If they raise money cap, people will reach it and you'll never drop below 300k (assuming 500k cap)

Just my opinion

Oh I think this is a good point. All the high levels will always be able to buy the best of things as they come out, sounds sort of boring. 200k is quite a bit of gold already so I find this a very valid point.

And you would be surprised. People play games for different reasons.
Even if people play this game to have to farm gold, raising the cap of gold doesn't change the fact that you'd still have to farm the gold itself, spend it, and then refarm it again later. <.<

I never once reached the cap for​
gold, mainly because I find ways to spend it (Poker Tables of Ratskellar) before I even reach close to 100K.
So honestly, though my point​
above might be contradictory, I see no point as to why not raise the cap, if anything it will help when they add new things down the road (for possible example; Rank-VII ship upgrades, new clothing sets, etc.) that require prices that reach above the current cap.
Also, I really don't like letting​
things go to waste, so the idea of losing out on gold (that I rightfully stole from the Navy) when reaching only 200,000 in reserve is an idea that I am not that a big fan of.

I never once reached the cap for​
gold, mainly because I find ways to spend it (Poker Tables of Ratskellar) before I even reach close to 100K.
So honestly, though my point​
above might be contradictory, I see no point as to why not raise the cap, if anything it will help when they add new things down the road (for possible example; Rank-VII ship upgrades, new clothing sets, etc.) that require prices that reach above the current cap.
Also, I really don't like letting​
things go to waste, so the idea of losing out on gold (that I rightfully stole from the Navy) when reaching only 200,000 in reserve is an idea that I am not that a big fan of.
I know, right? It's almost heartbreaking to see Gold and expensive items go to waste in front of your very eyes!

And yeah - Rank-VII ship upgrade prices (if they were to be implemented) may exceed the Gold limit itself.

Even if people play this game to have to farm gold, raising the cap of gold doesn't change the fact that you'd still have to farm the gold itself, spend it, and then refarm it again later. <.<

I'm just against the idea of letting people save up large sums of gold, when it really isn't needed, unless later there are things that cost more then 200k. But what would even cost more then 200k gold, if new things were to be added. Level 1 armored ships is already enough to stay out at sea because the AI aren't that hard to handle. All the war ships are way more powerful then the AI. Adding a more powerful ship and even more upgrades for ships would make challenges non-existent even against boss fights when those are implemented. I mean could you imagine how op a ship would be with a price tag of 200k (if such a thing existed in the future) when the war brig is already op with a price tag of 80k or even more armor upgrades ranging between the prices of 100k-200k, the game would be so easy.

Adding a higher gold cap would only be viable if new things were added, but new things added exceeding the cost of 200k would just be insane. I couldn't even imagine what would cost 200k+ gold. All the high leveled people would be op with all the high costing things, AI would need a serious buff, and all the new people would basically be left out of pvp and pve due to the high levels just destroying everything as well as the ai being balanced out to handle such over powered stuff

Last edited:
they should add a trading system too so items are actually worth something in gold instead of getting banished to the ether by NPC's. and if you try to argue that you could just give a new player the best weapon, no he/she would need to level the weapon type to even use it. and its way better than trading a dupe world eater for 500 ish gold

Back