Guide Guide to looting for all players

MekanX

Dockworker
Welcome to my looting guide, I will show you the best places to loot, how to loot there effectively, and why looting there is a good option, let's start.

Looting Spots/Activities

Fishing
Best for:
Famed Swords and Daggers,
If you are looking for these, this is the place, I have gotten all of my daggers, and almost all of my swords here, and it is my personal favorite method however, do not come here for guns because you will not find them. You will find dolls and brights, just very infrequently
How:
Get level 15 fishing and the best rod for 10k, then go for the deepest fish, by personal experience, all of them seem to drop famed at the same frequency, so just catch big fish, and eventually you should get some famed.

Bosses
Best for:
Guns and Dolls,
Any of the bosses I list in the how section can drop famed/legendary weapons, and brights. Fishing is better for swords and daggers, but these can actually drop guns, and are also better for dolls. They are still good for swords and daggers, just not as good as fishing. Bosses are also good for brights, but are beaten out by number 3. Bosses are the best all around pick for looting in general
How: Be at least notoriety 22 or so, and go with a group to Darkheart or Blanco, I am not sure if this works with other bosses, but these are by far the two best. you should be getting some good loot, if not, try going to the other boss. You can kill bosses with anything, you can use them for training, although if you are lower level, you should try to use a gun so the boss doesnt attack you.

Land Loot
Best for:
Brights,
Enemies in groups should be best for brights because you will kill them quick, and in groups. The famed rate seems to be lower for these, but if you want brights, this is the way to go.
Spots: Higher levels: Tormenta, El patron's mines Lower levels: The Catacombs, Kingshead
How: GRENADES!!! Just use grenades to knock out large groups at these places, or train your weapons if you want. If you dont want to use grenades, use the wither ability on the voodoo staff or a broadsword.

I hope you guys enjoyed my looting guide and found it helpful, if you have anything to say, reply to this thread. I will take any feedback.

This is a great thread! Actually way more informative than a lot of the other guides posted! Thanks so much for the great advice, I will definitely try all of these suggestions out. The fishing one is a suggestion that I wouldn't have expected, and if I want a famed dagger/cutlass I will be trying this out. Also padres enemies give a lot of loot, this was the first place that I found a legendary, deep within El Sudoron. After I got of the lava gorge, and had killed extreme amounts of stumps within El Sudoron, I found a five star loot skull chest. I was astonished at the point, pointing at the lost sword of el patron, but it is an incredible feeling to get one of these famed/legendary/brights, and this guide will help players out greatly if they want to find a high level weapon.

Back