Guild attacks

JohnnyDaPirate

Wiki Staff
Guild Attacks have started happening a lot within the last couple of months to some of the biggest guilds. These people/person has attacked T S U N A M I, V O R T E X, and Emerald Regiment.

Before the attack on T S U N A M I, We where number one all the time on the leaderboards and Always came in the top 10. We always had at least 20 people online at a time. We had a new member and he seemed nice at first, and even earned the rank of veteran. All of a sudden he started being mean and annoying, that's when one of my friends told me that has was "The Attacker". So I booted him as soon as I found out. A few days later I got really sick and could barely get on pirates for about 3 weeks. I still got on every once in while to check on the guild tho. The first 2 weeks, everything was ok and the guild was going fine. At the end of the third week I started to get better and went online and the guild was completely dead. ALL the officers had left, and over 90 members where gone. What happened? While I was gone "The Attacker" some how came back and used some hacking thing to make himself a Officer, either that or he got control over my account long enough to make himself a officer. He caused drama and booted people and their was nothing my officers could do so them, and many other members just left, along with people being kicked for no reason. Now T S U N A M I is barely active and rarely comes in the top 50 on the leaderboards. T S U N A M I has still not recovered.

After the attack on T S U N A M I, V O R T E X took their place as number 1 on the leaderboards almost everyday and at least coming in the top 10. V O R T E X was extremely active and would get to as most as 40 members online on some nights. After "The Attackers" attacked V O R T E X, they now only see about 20 people online on some nights (instead of 40) and don't come in first place as often. They have recovered, just not as active as they used to be.

I also don't know much about the attack on Emerald Regiment except that it was the same person that had attacked T S U N A M I.

My heart goes out to James Gunrage, Blade1 and other guildmasters and their guilds that have been attacked. I really hope these attacks are a thing of the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what we can take away from all this is that we should be on our guard and be very cautious in the days ahead, 'cause to me this is another branch of the hackers reaching out to us with a spear-tipped point.

Aye amte our guild was attacked we ad several members on and I personaly would like to thanks my guild members and other guild for not panicing and puting another guild at fault these people come up all the time and do this kind of thing but rest assure Pirates will not tolerate this.

I think people are being a little paranoid and some are being too suspicous about other guilds. I firmly believe it is the hackers who are trying to bring down guilds and not other guilds trying to win a place on the leaderboards

Wars have two agressors - when one guild blames another guild *cough*cough* they're really just heating the debate. All guilds can coexists with pride and ranking should be fair - ignore the hackers - may the best guild earn the top spot on the 'boards.

Working-Together.jpg

Im in progress of forming a group to help put a end to this please if you woul like to help message me and we can meet up in the game please also report you suspicons and include there name level etc. we need to end this :arrrrr:

On a more positive note, I think we could all use some suggestions from those who have been successful at keeping attackers at bay. No guild is immune, but at the Dark Archive we have been very fortunate to minimize such interruptions.

One way we thwart potential attacks is that we have a very strict rule for promoting officers. There is no fast track to officer in our guild. There is a MINIMUM 3 month waiting period and most who are nominated for officer are in the guild and active for much longer than that - average around 5 months. After you are nominated, you are required to join our guild site. This provides us with a means of communication outside the game and also there is an agreement to which they must post a reply. After they sign the agreement they are promoted to veteran status ONLY. For 2 weeks they train. They are quizzed by officers on rules, what to do in certain situations, etc. They must do at least one guilding, including telling the potential member the guild rules with no italics and post the welcome on the welcome thread on our guild site, and also state the officer's name who was in attendance ( they are not allowed to guild on their own yet). They also must lead the guild in at least one invasion.
After 2 weeks of training, the officers get together and discuss the progress of the nominee. If their progress is inadequate, they are automatically given a 2 week extension on training. If they did well then we have an officer promotion ceremony in which they are then promoted to officer status.

So far we have had no issues with officers. Most people who would want to harm us would not have the stamina or patience for this procedure. That or we have just been extremely lucky.

If you have suggestions for keeping your guild safe, let's hear them. :)

Johnny is correct. The screen captures do exist. Tsunami was attacked just as VORTEX was attacked. Differing methods (and some same methods) of attack were used, but all were attacked. It is sad that any of us were attacked, and it makes no difference who was at fault or how it happened. That is all I have to say on that subject.

Lastly, on the notion of asking a guilded member to join another guild:

It is absolutely preposterous to even suggest that ANY of us have never asked a guilded pirate to drop their guild and join ours. If you say you've never done it, then I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have just told a lie. It happens, has always happened, and will always happen. It is when you TARGET a guild out of malice that it becomes a problem. If there is no malice and only an offer or request, then there has been no harm and no foul.

On a more positive note, I think we could all use some suggestions from those who have been successful at keeping attackers at bay. No guild is immune, but at the Dark Archive we have been very fortunate to minimize such interruptions.
Pertaining to this... If I (or we, meaning officers) do find out you are in the guild just for malicious intentions, you are risking a boot immediately. I do detective work regularly, and I manage a full list on our guild site of known individuals who cause trouble. I check it and update it often. I look on the directory, Facebook, YouTube, the Wiki - and if I find out that you are doing some shady things in the guild, say hello to my boot. Nobody - and I mean nobody - can go incognito in this guild without me finding out. Word spreads, and eventually it gets to me.

My point here: keep your officers informed and vigilant to troublemakers, such as using a banned list like I have detailed above. Name, known level, guild, and d-names are all useful pieces of information to incorporate into it.

My advice on this "guild attack" dilemma as of late? Just be considerate and mindful of others. How hard is it to be conscientious of your actions? Just as they taught you when you were young; "treat others how you want to be treated". Evidently the most prerequisite things in life; such as manners, consideration, and respect; are just forgotten these days. Honestly - it's a game - we're meant to have fun, not wreak havoc on people's feelings. I know some people will manipulate this and will disagree. I also understand that some people are just plain sadistic, and receive grim satisfaction for hurting others. It's an inevitable thing in life - but if we take the initiative of spreading consideration and eliminating malicious intent, others may follow suit.

TL;DR: Keep officers vigilant and informed by using a banned list and outside resources, and be considerate and respectful of others.

NO ONE is invulnerable to attack. VORTEX keeps records as good as anyone--banned list, kicked list, warning list, three strike policy list, and prior guild information list. We thoroughly check out, via all means available to us, ALL of our officers before promotions. Our officers have never been a problem.

The major attack came from a disgruntled member that had been kicked. He came back as a totally new pirate. He had a totally different account with a brand new pirate that had never been in any previous guild. Once he was promoted to veteren status he made an unlimited invite code and started to flood VORTEX with level 0 and level 1 pirates he made just to aggravate. He has since been dealt with and everything is back to normal in VORTEX.

We had an attack from another guild that was jealous of our leaderboard standings. Why???? Their members actually admitted as much to me and others in VORTEX--smh. They stated that we had held the top spot for enemies for over 2 months and that enough was enough. Thing is, we didn't even try to accomplish that feat; the activity we had at that time just equated to large kill numbers. That certain guild felt like we were "showing out" and decided to "bring us down" for some reason. So they United some Allies and attacked VORTEX. Truly, it was not even a real attack seeing as we found out within a day who the "spies" were and what guild they came from originally. I promptly kicked all of them out of VORTEX.

The real problem (attack) came from the past member.

Point is:

NO matter how impervious we all may THINK we are.... we're not. There's a saying in law enforcement that goes well here. No matter how much security you have protecting your house, if the criminal wants in bad enough--THEY GET IN.

Never fool yourself into thinking you've got it all figured out. We never do!!!! And never tempt fate by saying what will or will not happen.

It's just sad that this thread even has to exist. It's a game for criminy's sake. Just enjoy and play!!!

NO ONE is invulnerable to attack. VORTEX keeps records as good as anyone--banned list, kicked list, warning list, three strike policy list, and prior guild information list. We thoroughly check out, via all means available to us, ALL of our officers before promotions. Our officers have never been a problem.

The major attack came from a disgruntled member that had been kicked. He came back as a totally new pirate. He had a totally different account with a brand new pirate that had never been in any previous guild. Once he was promoted to veteren status he made an unlimited invite code and started to flood VORTEX with level 0 and level 1 pirates he made just to aggravate. He has since been dealt with and everything is back to normal in VORTEX.

We had an attack from another guild that was jealous of our leaderboard standings. Why???? Their members actually admitted as much to me and others in VORTEX--smh. They stated that we had held the top spot for enemies for over 2 months and that enough was enough. Thing is, we didn't even try to accomplish that feat; the activity we had at that time just equated to large kill numbers. That certain guild felt like we were "showing out" and decided to "bring us down" for some reason. So they United some Allies and attacked VORTEX. Truly, it was not even a real attack seeing as we found out within a day who the "spies" were and what guild they came from originally. I promptly kicked all of them out of VORTEX.

The real problem (attack) came from the past member.

Point is:

NO matter how impervious we all may THINK we are.... we're not. There's a saying in law enforcement that goes well here. No matter how much security you have protecting your house, if the criminal wants in bad enough--THEY GET IN.

Never fool yourself into thinking you've got it all figured out. We never do!!!! And never tempt fate by saying what will or will not happen.

It's just sad that this thread even has to exist. It's a game for criminy's sake. Just enjoy and play!!!
So let me put the pieces together here a oblives pirate came ot booted and came back with a new pirate and started to guild lvl 1 and/or 0 pirates withgout your consente. I also love that quote you put in there that is true GM material!

Pertaining to this... If I (or we, meaning officers) do find out you are in the guild just for malicious intentions, you are risking a boot immediately. I do detective work regularly, and I manage a full list on our guild site of known individuals who cause trouble. I check it and update it often. I look on the directory, Facebook, YouTube, the Wiki - and if I find out that you are doing some shady things in the guild, say hello to my boot. Nobody - and I mean nobody - can go incognito in this guild without me finding out. Word spreads, and eventually it gets to me.

TL;DR: Keep officers vigilant and informed by using a banned list and outside resources, and be considerate and respectful of others.

JFR is not kidding here. Between him and Pasta ( aka Maria Cannonfury ) I regularly find out about activities of members outside the game. I've seen JFR kick a member because he REQUESTED information ( on a certain video site) about a certain type of software that is designed to alter POTCO code - implying that he might get it and use it while in our guild.

Another of our members had a name change, which JFR immediately caught, implying that this member may have used such code altering software.

Our officers live under this rule: The security of the guild comes FIRST.

JFR is not kidding here. Between him and Pasta ( aka Maria Cannonfury ) I regularly find out about activities of members outside the game. I've seen JFR kick a member because he REQUESTED information ( on a certain video site) about a certain type of software that is designed to alter POTCO code - implying that he might get it and use it while in our guild.

Another of our members had a name change, which JFR immediately caught, implying that this member may have used such code altering software.

Our officers live under this rule: The security of the guild comes FIRST.

Ok i admit this is not a subject for jokes but, JFR looks like an Intelligence employee lol. Are u sure u dont have secret connections with the CIA? jk jk. ;)

This thread is being moved back to General Discussion.

Please heed this warning, any more replies on here that spark drama will receive a warning.

No Drama
We do not allow drama here. Please conduct yourself respectfully and don't cause trouble between any group or individual.
We define drama as: controversial topics or behavior, or discussion, that could be based on uncertain information, or that are drastically emotional or highly emotional driven, seeking reaction from the rest.
Persons responsible for drama could face a temporary or permanent ban.

Any discussion that might need to take place should be done by a PM (personal message). Do not reply to anyone if you feel they have done you wrong or have spoken erroneously. That is what the 'report button' is for.

If you are not familiar with the terms and rules here on the Forums, please familiarize yourself with them. For others who have been here for a while, you might want to reacquaint yourself with them:

TERMS AND RULES

Thank you for your cooperation!

Of making himself a officer...
Hmm, if you are sure that he didn't hack your account you should try to inform Disney's staff and tell them about this hack he used to become an officer. It would be quite dangerous if Leon managed to make himself an officer using cheats and glitches, for the guilds i mean...

Back