Idea Guild Islands

Roger_ Gunshot

Pirate Master
Would it be possible to implement guild islands? Once a guild is created, an island is automatically given to it, as a private instance. On the island, you can create and build several different buildings, and you can build them with preset shapes, as well as customize them color-wise. Some of the buildings included could be a guild hall, which is essentially a tavern, just bigger, a guild bank, where you can store weapons, clothes, gold, and mats for either yourself or for the rest of the guild, weaponsmiths that have unique weapons, a blacksmith where you can actually make your own with mats that you have in some sort of a mini-game, and possibly fully customizable player houses. Player houses would be bought with gold, and that gold would go into the guild treasury, which can the be used to build additional buildings, upgrade existing ones, etc. In addition to costing gold, the buildings would also cost materials, and the guild can donate collectively towards that. To get to the guild island, a tab under "Guild Options" would probably work best.
This probably isn't that well written, but oh well lol.

I vote: no :knockout:
This would be insane, are you suggesting that they add thousands of islands? Every time a guild is created, up pops a new island? If so, that would be impossible. The guild "bank" is basically suggesting adding trading... Uhh that would pretty much make the game pointless. That's just a few things wrong with the suggestion. Sorry if I'm being harsh

I've wanted all of this since 2009 tbh.

Also isn't this the second post with the exact same ideas in this week? I swear I saw one just like this earlier.

This would be insane, are you suggesting that they add thousands of islands? Every time a guild is created, up pops a new island? If so, that would be impossible. The guild "bank" is basically suggesting adding trading... Uhh that would pretty much make the game pointless. That's just a few things wrong with the suggestion. Sorry if I'm being harsh

Once a guild is created, an island is automatically given to it, as a private instance.

I'm pretty sure he means it would be one Island that your character travels to. But when you port you go to you guild island. If you go to the island on another character with a different guild, it would go to that guild's island. I don't think anyone in their right mind would suggest adding thousands of islands.
The Bank doesn't suggest trading. If you don't like trading in the game, just don't use it. It doesn't help anyone to say the game would be pointless. There is nothing wrong with this idea, it just isn't agreed upon by everyone (as with most things in life). Not everyone is playing the game to farm on Menta. I sure don't. But does that mean I don't want a new sword? Nah.
I had a similar idea with the bank but involving a Guild Fleet, I think it could mix with this bank idea to pull the money from the Guild Bank to be used in the Guild Fleet.
But I think the game needs a Guild Overhaul to make guilds more customization for individual guilds like ESO has.

Would it be possible to implement guild islands? Once a guild is created, an island is automatically given to it, as a private instance. On the island, you can create and build several different buildings, and you can build them with preset shapes, as well as customize them color-wise. Some of the buildings included could be a guild hall, which is essentially a tavern, just bigger, a guild bank, where you can store weapons, clothes, gold, and mats for either yourself or for the rest of the guild, weaponsmiths that have unique weapons, a blacksmith where you can actually make your own with mats that you have in some sort of a mini-game, and possibly fully customizable player houses. Player houses would be bought with gold, and that gold would go into the guild treasury, which can the be used to build additional buildings, upgrade existing ones, etc. In addition to costing gold, the buildings would also cost materials, and the guild can donate collectively towards that. To get to the guild island, a tab under "Guild Options" would probably work best.
Well, there's a pirate game out there that is a sim and does exactly this. Forgot the name.

I'm pretty sure he means it would be one Island that your character travels to. But when you port you go to you guild island. If you go to the island on another character with a different guild, it would go to that guild's island. I don't think anyone in their right mind would suggest adding thousands of islands.
The Bank doesn't suggest trading. If you don't like trading in the game, just don't use it. It doesn't help anyone to say the game would be pointless. There is nothing wrong with this idea, it just isn't agreed upon by everyone (as with most things in life). Not everyone is playing the game to farm on Menta. I sure don't. But does that mean I don't want a new sword? Nah.
I had a similar idea with the bank but involving a Guild Fleet, I think it could mix with this bank idea to pull the money from the Guild Bank to be used in the Guild Fleet.
But I think the game needs a Guild Overhaul to make guilds more customization for individual guilds like ESO has.
Great points as usual. I don't think it's too far fetched to code some sort of client type deal where most that info is stored on the pirates computer. Like a lot games do. However that concept is way over the top for a action type game tlopo is. Also, it most likely would cause a great deal of server load perhaps to pull something like this idea off.

No, each is it's own private instance. They wouldn't be seen on the map

I just like to have a whole server to myself and my bf. >:p So tired of running into random rude people..tho Ik this isnt possible but a girl can dream! ^.^

Back