Idea Guild Overhaul Update (Idea)

Would you like to see the devs make this a reality?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love it! For the guild island I think it would have to be kind of how GTA Online is, where multiple players can have the same house, and when they enter, they enter their instance of it. The same could be done for the islands, where when I dock, I'd go to Emerald Regiment's guild island. But if someone from Dark Archive docked their, they'd be on DA's island. Either way, they are all great ideas that I think would help improve this game immensely! Most other MMOs have features like these, and we should be no different.
Yeah - the island would house all Guilds simultaneously.

There could also be alternative versions of these islands in live territories that can only be held by one guild. They would be called "Guild strongholds". They'd resemble fortresses and would be non-customizable. The feature (alongside many others that might interest you) is highlighted in the high-seas expansion update.

New batch of ideas!

Guild noticeboard:

A guild noticeboard that stores GM messages, an event planner, daily goals, as well as general information such as who added who, who was removed, who left. There could be reasons provided for all of them, too.

Examples:

"Pirate" left the guild due to "the guild is too inactive"
"Officer" removed "player" due to "troublemaker"

Enhanced form of communication:

There should be some form of communication between online and offline members. Due to timezone differences, many guilds don't last. There should be some chat board or chat history that allows online and offline pirates to communicate. This will also allow players to provide reasons for inactivity before going inactive. Players could perhaps utilize the public-facing APIs and develop some application allowing online and offline pirates to communicate on the go!

Kick rules:

Guildmasters should be able to modify kick rules to their liking. Giving officers the ability to kick others, or taking it from them. They could also set limits or a requirement to state a reason and provide chat logs.

More roles:

As the current roles don't suffice, it would be nice to see more roles in the future. Such as a "co-GM" role, so GMs don't have to worry about being locked out of commanding their guilds as a result of giving others the GM tag in periods of inactivity. There could be a role similar to veteran that allows newer members to recruit others. As they might be unworthy of the 'veteran' tag.

Custom roles can also be created by the GM. This will allow for a more custom guild experience. SvS/PvP/roleplay oriented guilds can create custom ranks with certain powers. I would use this feature to create new roles including a "fleet commander" role for guild fleets.

Color-coded member names:

To make it easier for pirates to notice the ranks of other online members, the colors would look a bit like this:

Guildmaster
Officer
Veteran

Guild statistics:

Statistics such as guild rankings, member increase, member activity, overall rep gain, ships sinked, enemies killed, hours played, and more.

It could also provide a deep look into each and every guildmembers progress and highlight their level increases and activities since they joined the guild.

This could be restricted to GMs/co-GMs/officers. Alternatively, more transparent guilds can share these details with all members.

Overall:

Currently, the guild experience is too two-dimensional and needs severe improvement. Guilds experience short spikes in activity that span over a long time (eg: content updates), so if there is anything else that will enhance the guild experience (eg: official guild activity planners, achievements, etc) it would attract more players to the concept of guilds and may ensure guildmember loyalty.

I don't remember reading this thread the first time, I'm surprised I didn't elect to put my 2 cents on here so, I will do so now. Overall I like the ideas introduced but I feel like if all of them were implemented there should be a fee for registering a guild. I like that all these things you suggest require large amounts of gold but after discovering a few tricks to get gold quick, it wouldn't take long for even the smallest of guilds to be able to have their own everything with just gold as the fee for these things.

New batch of ideas!

Guild noticeboard:

A guild noticeboard that stores GM messages, an event planner, daily goals, as well as general information such as who added who, who was removed, who left. There could be reasons provided for all of them, too.

Examples:

"Pirate" left the guild due to "the guild is too inactive"
"Officer" removed "player" due to "troublemaker"

Enhanced form of communication:

There should be some form of communication between online and offline members. Due to timezone differences, many guilds don't last. There should be some chat board or chat history that allows online and offline pirates to communicate. This will also allow players to provide reasons for inactivity before going inactive. Players could perhaps utilize the public-facing APIs and develop some application allowing online and offline pirates to communicate on the go!

Kick rules:

Guildmasters should be able to modify kick rules to their liking. Giving officers the ability to kick others, or taking it from them. They could also set limits or a requirement to state a reason and provide chat logs.

More roles:

As the current roles don't suffice, it would be nice to see more roles in the future. Such as a "co-GM" role, so GMs don't have to worry about being locked out of commanding their guilds as a result of giving others the GM tag in periods of inactivity. There could be a role similar to veteran that allows newer members to recruit others. As they might be unworthy of the 'veteran' tag.

Custom roles can also be created by the GM. This will allow for a more custom guild experience. SvS/PvP/roleplay oriented guilds can create custom ranks with certain powers. I would use this feature to create new roles including a "fleet commander" role for guild fleets.

Color-coded member names:

To make it easier for pirates to notice the ranks of other online members, the colors would look a bit like this:

Guildmaster
Officer
Veteran

Guild statistics:

Statistics such as guild rankings, member increase, member activity, overall rep gain, ships sinked, enemies killed, hours played, and more.

It could also provide a deep look into each and every guildmembers progress and highlight their level increases and activities since they joined the guild.

This could be restricted to GMs/co-GMs/officers. Alternatively, more transparent guilds can share these details with all members.

Overall:

Currently, the guild experience is too two-dimensional and needs severe improvement. Guilds experience short spikes in activity that span over a long time (eg: content updates), so if there is anything else that will enhance the guild experience (eg: official guild activity planners, achievements, etc) it would attract more players to the concept of guilds and may ensure guildmember loyalty.

These are all excellent ideas!!! Please make this additions!!! Also thought a good rank would be first mate but with your editable rank names I could just put that in and grant the permissions necessary.

I don't remember reading this thread the first time, I'm surprised I didn't elect to put my 2 cents on here so, I will do so now. Overall I like the ideas introduced but I feel like if all of them were implemented there should be a fee for registering a guild. I like that all these things you suggest require large amounts of gold but after discovering a few tricks to get gold quick, it wouldn't take long for even the smallest of guilds to be able to have their own everything with just gold as the fee for these things.
You're right, extra requirements such as 'x' guildmembers, certain materials, as well as other stuff might need to be added. In addition to a huge amount of gold, the pirates might need to sink a combined amount of navy ships (eg: 10000) as well as other difficult goals.

Joining a guild should be free; investing in the extra amenities highlighted in the main post will all cost loads of gold, multiple combined hours of gameplay, and other resources. I haven't thought of the intricacies regarding this part of the idea, so if you have any ideas about the goals and materials required to unlock feel free to share them.

These are all excellent ideas!!! Please make this additions!!! Also thought a good rank would be first mate but with your editable rank names I could just put that in and grant the permissions necessary.
Yeah, this would give every guild a personal twist. Each guild would be unique in terms of the roles they offer their members. It would definitely enhance roleplaying, and give members a sense of purpose that is currently non-existent.

Guild giveaways:

It would be nice to award notable guildmembers with a few gifts (weapons/clothing items/etc.) as a result of their achievements. There could also be randomly selected winners (the list will consist of active pirates only, though).

In order to give something away, you must be an officer or GM of a guild. The transaction will be publicly displayed in guild chat - eg: Officer has awarded Seadog with .. Blunderbuss. After giving an item away, it is transferred from your inventory to the winning pirate.

Giving away items can also be for guild-strengthening purposes. Higher-level members can gift weak members stronger weapons.

An issue will be with individuals trying to buy guildless individuals and other guildmembers over using their weapons or whatever. Adding a 1-week requirement alongside other precautions might do the job. Another issue might be guildmembers taking the items and leaving. I don't know if the items should be guild-tied or not...

Back