Discussion Has Disney TV gone downhill?

Has Disney TV gone downhill?

• Yes, it's worse

• No, it's better!

• It's just different

Results are only viewable after voting.
It has rolled to the bottom of the hill, broke the ground, and kept going. The same thing happened with Cartoon Network and Boomerang. Boomerang is supposed to play the old shows like Tom & Jerry, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, etc. But it's the new stuff like that terrible Teen Titans Go that should have never been made...

It has rolled to the bottom of the hill, broke the ground, and kept going. The same thing happened with Cartoon Network and Boomerang. Boomerang is supposed to play the old shows like Tom & Jerry, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, etc. But it's the new stuff like that terrible Teen Titans Go that should have never been made...
SOOO TRUE

My question is: how many of the people responding have actually watched more than one current Disney Channel show?

Andi Mack and Girl Meets World both have the same values that I'm sure people hold close to their hearts from the "old" shows, namely Lizzie McGuire (and Boy Meets World, of course). Stuck in the Middle may be a little over-the-top sometimes, but every episode also has something to take away from it and it gives kids with big families something to relate to. While the plots of KC Undercover and Liv and Maddie are pretty unrealistic, they're no different from the silliness (and heart!) that came with shows like That's So Raven and Phil of the Future. I'll admit it - there was a period of time when Disney Channel's quality and values WERE extremely disappointing, and there are still a few current ones that give Disney the lingering bad reputation it has (Bunk'd and Bizaardvark are the painful ones that immediately come to mind), but all-in-all, I would argue that it has NOT gone downhill - if anything, it has actually gone uphill from past years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My question is: how many of the people responding have actually watched more than one current Disney Channel show?

Andi Mack and Girl Meets World both have the same values that I'm sure people hold close to their hearts from the "old" shows, namely Lizzie McGuire (and Boy Meets World, of course). Stuck in the Middle may be a little over-the-top sometimes, but every episode also has something to take away from it and it gives kids with big families something to relate to. While the plots of KC Undercover and Liv and Maddie are pretty unrealistic, they're no different from the silliness (and heart!) that came with shows like That's So Raven and Phil of the Future. I'll admit it - there was a period of time when Disney Channel's quality and values WERE extremely disappointing, and there are still a few current ones that give Disney the lingering bad reputation it has (Bunk'd and Bizaardvark are the painful ones that immediately come to mind), but all-in-all, I would argue that it has NOT gone downhill - if anything, it has actually gone uphill from past years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I agree with some of it, but from it's height, it has gone down.

I decided to stop watching Disney much one day, choosing to enjoy it for what it was when I was younger haha. It is different, that's for sure.

Never heard of most of those shows. I've seen a little bit of Girl Meets World, but I feel like it's a mere shadow of its predecessor.

I feel as if Cartoon Network (going off @Roger_ Gunshot's post) has been the worst.
I loved the old cartoon network, where all your favorite characters were at a movie theater in-between commercials, etc.
"The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy", "Kids Next Door", "Ed, Edd and Eddie", "The Foster Home for Imaginary Friends"

I just miss some of these shows, and from that, kind of sparked my interest in Fusionfall (another [now] discontinued game D: )

I don't think it's so much of Disney going downhill as it is that Disney produces shows that aim more towards the current younger generation so you'll see less shows that agreed with our generation and more with the younger. For instance, I used to enjoy usually most of what came on with Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney but now they all feel completely different to me. Nickelodeon even when growing up felt like it had no idea whether it wanted to be an adult network or kids network, Cartoon Network seemed to fit both with a good showing of kids shows during the day and a good AS variety at night. Disney has always been aimed towards kids with always the youngest generation in mind.

Granted, I'm only 20 and considered a child by many I work with but at the same time, I think I've reached an age where I don't really enjoy sitting down and watching a Disney show. The cheese, overly dramatic scenes and constant slapstick humor that seems in abundance in their shows has lost its' allure to me over time but I know at least some of my nephews and nieces enjoy watching their shows.

Granted, a lot of other kids I've met also watch shows like South Park and other such things but just a sign of the times I guess.

TL;DR I don't think Disney shows are bad, we are just too old to appreciate them anymore. (Except Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Spongebob. Those are timeless)

TV has gone down hill, and if you're still watching it, you need to get a clue!

Back